PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

September 13th, 2007, 16:52
DELETED

September 13th, 2007, 17:18
Certainly a novel way of getting a bit of free publicity for your site !!

September 13th, 2007, 17:40
WTF is SWF? at the very worst it would be SGT for Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Society for the eradication of oblique acronyms.

This site produces some very curious statistics. So curious, in fact that I don't believe them.

TRAFFIC AVERAGE 1 WEEK
Sawatdee 168,000
TingTong 341,685
GayThailand 661,392
BahtStop 1070,666

TRAFFIC AVERAGE OVER 3 MONTHS
Sawatdee 515,000
TingTong 772,406
GayThailand 641,667
Baht Stop 1798,371

September 13th, 2007, 18:05
Alexa is notorious for poor stats.

It gathers them from users that have the alexa toolbar installed.

How many here have the alexa toolbar?

lonelywombat
September 13th, 2007, 18:12
asian-twink@yahoogroups.com which has almost 8000 members, has a link on every post to sawatdee

and has had since this new board started.

A lot of new traffic comes from that yahoogroup.

I wonder what they think of Billy and if he really represents elephantspike.

September 13th, 2007, 18:17
google analytics is the only one worth much attention.

PinkSilom
September 13th, 2007, 18:21
It is hard to believe that Baht Stop enjoyed more than three times the traffic of this forum over the last three months, and even harder to believe that it had more than six times the traffic over the last week.

Smiles
September 13th, 2007, 20:17
" ... It is hard to believe that Baht Stop enjoyed more than three times the traffic of this forum over the last three months, and even harder to believe that it had more than six times the traffic over the last week .... "
Not only hard to believe, but by any reasonably objective man, impossible to believe.

Although I guess one could say I have little love for Baht-Stop (i.e. not objective ... see: 'The Past'), when it comes to cold numbers regarding hits, views, posts, replies etc etc they are all right there for everyone to see on all the Boards' topic list pages.

Using those (reasonable?) measurements Sawatdee is quite far ahead of the other Boards. Ting Tong is a highly deserved #2 (despite TravelerJim's hysterical love affair with a single 10,000-hit thread). GayThailand and Baht-Stop are very much 3rd and 4th, and though very close on each other, both are miles away from either this board or Ting Tong.

The Numbers. A 'Print Screen' shot of the stats area of all 4 topic listing pages using approximately the same date timespan on each (i.e. all of their first pages). Rather hard to read, sorry ... and undoubtedly will be a slow upload in this post.

http://my.photodump.com/sawatdee/all-boards.jpg

Cheers ...

September 13th, 2007, 21:29
Isn't it great being famous!

Not only is SGF popular, people actually tune in and read what we are saying!

September 14th, 2007, 09:08
DELETED

September 14th, 2007, 09:53
This would seem to throw a litle light on to the ludicrous figures - which Mr Botting thinks are fair?

"There is often a great misconception about what is commonly known as "hits" and what is really effective, quality traffic to your site. Hits simply means the number of information requests received by the server. If you think about the fact that a hit can simply equate to the number of graphics per page, you will get an idea of how overblown the concept of hits can be. For example, if your homepage has 15 graphics on it, the server records this as 15 hits, when in reality we are talking about a single visitor checking out a single page on your site. As you can see, hits are not useful in analyzing your website traffic".

extract from "Know your visitors through Website Traffic Analysis" at
http://iamroom.blogspot.com/2007/08/kno ... bsite.html (http://iamroom.blogspot.com/2007/08/know-your-visitors-through-website.html)

September 14th, 2007, 10:08
DELETED

September 14th, 2007, 10:50
Looking at the sample data posted by Smiles:

Site Views
Sawatdee 8823
TingTong 3324 (13324 total views less 10,000 views of the one post of nearly naked photos)
GayThailand 1487
Baht Stop 1480

Most views were of Ting Tong posts but 10,000 of those were to view the one post with nearly naked photos.
Most views of text posts were on Sawatdee, which seems to agree with what the random browser can observe.
Communication type posts and views on Sawatdee were triple that of Ting Tong.

September 14th, 2007, 12:27
Looking at the sample data posted by Smiles:

Site Views
Sawatdee 8823
TingTong 3324 (13324 total views less 10,000 views of the one post of nearly naked photos)
GayThailand 1487
Baht Stop 1480

Most views were of Ting Tong posts but 10,000 of those were to view the one post with nearly naked photos.
Most views of text posts were on Sawatdee, which seems to agree with what the random browser can observe.
Communication type posts and views on Sawatdee were triple that of Ting Tong.

Lots of ways to interpret stats .

I post more on sawatdee than i do on ting tongs lol

views could be the same person over and over again

e.g - how many times a day does kquill check his justic thread & wowpow his nudes thread ( views are not unique)

real stats are shown in google analytics and webcounters which the members never/rarely get to see.

Aunty
September 14th, 2007, 13:38
Isn't it great being famous!

Not only is SGF popular, people actually tune in and read what we are saying!

LOL, the FOOLS!

September 14th, 2007, 17:11
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)