PDA

View Full Version : Advice from agony aunts sought

September 11th, 2007, 16:27
I live in London with my partner.

I've visited Thailand on 3 occasions. Firstly 20 years ago - the usual backpacking S.E. Asian overland route. Then the 2nd time 12 years ago as a stopover en-route to my home town Brisbane; and most recently in May for one week in the North.

I seem to prefer Chiang Mai and the north (maybe it reminds me of Brisbane somehow?). I've never been to Pattaya, and reading this forum I would like to one day give Pattaya a go, though I donтАЩt naturally gravitate towards beaches and/or hot humid weather. On my most recent trip I did not go into Bangkok.

I've found Thailand to be an ideal stopover to break up my yearly journey back home, and this is where the problem likes. When I go to Thailand try as I might I just cannot behave appropriately. On my most recent trip I took the most desperate step to travel with my moralising sister - and even that came unstuck!

I enjoy Thailand too much to discount ever returning, so please any advice will be most welcome.

Aunty
September 11th, 2007, 17:34
Fly via Singapore.

September 11th, 2007, 17:34
Hi,

What advice do you want??

Mine is, get out and enjoy yourself, because life is too short to listen to any of us!

September 11th, 2007, 20:20
... seems that you're making a statement rather than asking for advice.

However, it seems to me also that Pattaya is not your place at all, you seem to me as if you like the cultural side of visiting countries (been and done that), unless of course I have you wrong and you like to seedy side of Thailand, then Pattaya is for you.

francois
September 11th, 2007, 21:28
If you cannot behave properly, Ripley, then Pattaya is the place for you! You will fit in like a glove on a hand or a condom on .......

September 11th, 2007, 21:46
'Kquill' I totally agree but at present I choose to be stuck in an office jobтАжтАж and so I daydream, and listen to you.

'WhiteDesire' I like culture and I like seedy. I crave to explore more of Thailand. E.g. I've not been to Issaan. But with the travelling comes the temptation - the 'straight' guys I find the best - the eyes, the smiles, healthy tanned skin, jet black hair, the joie d' vivre attitude, the thought they may be temptedтАж. the 'exotic' nature of it allтАж I cannot help myself meeting Thai guys that I develop a strong feeling for (I'm still fond of one straight Thai guy 20 years on!). But ultimately it's the companionship I crave more than the physical aspect.

I'm thinking of the future. Now I'm 46yo. Is it worth making all the efforts, investing time and money, and possibly building a future on - spending more time in LOS? The decisions I make today will affect me tomorrow.

At present realistically I could travel to Thailand twice a year and I can see how it goes from there... and I'm trying to talk my partner into coming too for his first time ever...

Wesley
September 11th, 2007, 22:56
forget all the evangelical moralizing go have fun, after a while you will forget all about the bible toting parade of TV evangelist who got caught doing the same things you are doing. jimmy Swaggart comes to mind, God knows how many that have never been caught at it.

September 11th, 2007, 23:16
God knows how many that have never been caught at it.Do you think She does?

Wesley
September 11th, 2007, 23:52
of course she was , lol

September 12th, 2007, 08:29
....But ultimately it's the companionship I crave more than the physical aspect....

... and I'm trying to talk my partner into coming too for his first time ever...

hmmm. Seems like you do have the companionship already. What does your partner think of you "doin' the naughty" on the side? Hopefully he's broad-minded and you two can have a lot of fun together in Thailand.

I wasn't so lucky. My ex wouldn't think of any kind of open relationship and sent me packing. :crybaby:

But now I've got a new life so all's well that ends well. :flower:

September 12th, 2007, 10:36
....But ultimately it's the companionship I crave more than the physical aspect....

... and I'm trying to talk my partner into coming too for his first time ever...

hmmm. Seems like you do have the companionship already. What does your partner think of you "doin' the naughty" on the side? Hopefully he's broad-minded and you two can have a lot of fun together in Thailand.

I wasn't so lucky. My ex wouldn't think of any kind of open relationship and sent me packing. :crybaby:

But now I've got a new life so all's well that ends well. :flower:

Dear Kenc,

Do what the Thais do well......................TELL LIES AND GET AWAY WITH IT!

September 12th, 2007, 20:33
My partner is into big beefy men with large dicks (any takers?) god knows why he went for me then. He's not into Asian men at all.

Yes there is one massage boy I met in Chiang Mai. He doesn't speak English so no awkward questions or small talk. He's quite cheeky.

I met another Thai lad serving in a coffee shop, he seems sweet and innocent - he was raised by monks and lives in a temple. He is a Uni student and tutors in English lessons, so very busy and probably not gay.

I'm thinking of someone to take care of me when I grow olderтАж.

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 12th, 2007, 20:40
are you the same Ripley that murdered his friend on the boat and took his identity ?

I saw that movie with the gorgeous Alain Delon and then the much later one with the fabulously sexy Matt Damon.

these words are a bit of a giveaway: "When I go to Thailand try as I might I just cannot behave appropriately."...

September 12th, 2007, 21:09
... made the first original post. Your first post sounded like you were a very inhibited and reserved, and led a sheltered life, then you "opened up" a little more, well a lot more.

First of all, get your ass out on holiday in Thailand, release it, let it go - get your partner to get his (and your) ass around Tawan in Bangkok, big bodies, little dicks (some but not many have big dicks) and Mary is their last name, even though the majority of them are allegedly straight. Otherwise go to Issan, see what you can get there.

Then think about what you want to do!!

September 12th, 2007, 22:24
Whitedesire I loved your reply but for me to behave the way you suggest does not come easy. We are both Catholics (me: Italian parents) though non practising nor believing. And we cannot deny the fact we were raised as Catholics. Could that partly be the cause of my 'holding back'?

Issaan intrigues me. I definitely ought to get myself up there! Is Pattaya a good base for excursions into deep Issaan?

Yes Lunchtime O'Booze - it is the same Ripley. Ms Highsmith is a goddess - RIP. I enjoyed all 5 of her Ripley novels. The 4th in the series is the closest she comes to saying Ripley is gay/bi but it is still implied. titled ' The Boy Who Followed Ripley'.
Alain Delon made a great Ripley.

September 13th, 2007, 16:24
Dont take your partner. You may lose him.

15 years ago mine took me and did lol!

September 13th, 2007, 17:49
We are both Catholics (me: Italian parents) though non practising nor believing. And we cannot deny the fact we were raised as Catholics. Could that partly be the cause of my 'holding back'?

Ripley, Don't hold back. Life is too short. Why do you think the Catholics invented confession? Enjoy your every desire.