PDA

View Full Version : Update on ALLEGED NEW Visa regulations...

travelerjim
September 10th, 2007, 11:29
The Pattaya City Expats Club has updated information...

"ALLEGED NEW VISA REGULATIONS тАУ The ThaiVisa web site reported that there were new regulations effective September 1st,
which would require dependents of holders of a retirement visa to qualify for an extension on their own.

Thus a spouse, if 50 or older would need to also meet the income requirement separate from those his or her spouse.
A spouse under 50 or dependents would not be able to have their visas extended based on their spouse/parent having a retirement visa.

It now appears that this report is a hoax and completely false.

We talked with Barry Kenyon Thursday afternoon (September. 6th) - he stated that he has asked, through his contacts
with Immigration in Pattaya to query Immigration Management in Bangkok about it.

They stated that they have not issued such regulations, and knew nothing about them. According to Barry, Pattaya Immigration
is renewing dependents of holders of Retirement Visa's as normal - married couples are being renewed as they always have been -
the spouse's qualification is automatically approved if the husband is approved.

The requirement for a map, if there is such a requirement, has not been reported as being required at Pattaya Immigration
by those recently renewing their Retirement Visas. It should be noted that there are differences, at times, between
what happens at our excellent Pattaya Immigration office, and other Immigration offices in Thailand."

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/mo ... e&sid=1008 (http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1008) .

TravelerJim

September 10th, 2007, 22:55
... but they've now dropped the official Thai stamp on the official Embassy letter certifying income

September 11th, 2007, 10:16
Last week I renewed my retirement extension in Pattaya and they didn't require a map.

The requirement for the MFA stamp on the embassy letter was to be effective October 1, and Barry Kenyon (the British Embassy rep in Pattaya) said the proposal for the MFA stamp has been dropped. But, this being Thailand, who really knows what will happen October 1? I hope he and Homintern are correct that the MFA stamp has been dropped.