PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Resort vs. Rabbit Resort, Pattaya

HIGHRISE
February 14th, 2006, 10:59
:happy10: Hey Boys! My first posting. I'll be visiting Pattaya for the first time in April, and would greatly appreciate input on the new Avalon Resort and Rabbit Resort. Are they both right at the gay beach? Avalon prices are a little better. I look forward to hearing from you!

DJB0Y-old
February 14th, 2006, 18:55
I think you ask an excellent question.

On my last visit to Jomtien, I decided to stay at the Rabbit Resort, even though the price was higher. I thought it would be more romantic and just more comfortable.

After our first night there, we were thinking that we should switch over to Avalon because Rabbit lacked a lot of personality. The American lady owner and hostess was nice, but her Chinese Thai husband was a littlel brusk. There were also a few too many european families staying there for my taste.

Albeit we stayed there on Chinese New Year and the resort was fully booked, I didn't appreciate the fact that we need to check out at 12 and then when we wanted to take a shower after returning late from the beach, we were told we could use the outdoor shower at the pool. Now who takes an outdoor shower at the pool at a high end resort. The lady owner apologized and said we could use the shower in her house, but I really didn't want to impose. Just paid 10 baht and used the shower at the White House resort down the road.

The other crazy thing was they said they had free wireless internet. But you have to register your laptop's specific ID number with the front desk. After doing all this, it still didn't work. Apparently, they don't want the rif-raff from the beach coming into their resort to use the free internet so they require individual computer registrations. What's the big deal....so a few extra people drop by the resort and use the free wireless internet. How many people bring a lap top the beach anyway.

It was all these little things that kinda turned me off of the Rabbit Resort. I think it's more for European families.

I never stayed at Avalon, but if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't spend the extra money on Rabbit and would try Avalon.

On the plus side, it's nice to be so close to the beach. Just a quick stroll across the lane and your there.

The next question is........what's the favorite Jomtien beach chair section?

Personally, I go to section 14 (yellow chairs) very close to Tui's Place.. I find the staff to be very nice (and one guy is very cute....I always wait for him to take his shirt off and show off his nice body and tatoos).

Any other suggestions on beach chair sections?

DJBoy

HIGHRISE
February 15th, 2006, 09:04
Hey, thanks so much for the valuable information. I'll book Avalon based on what you've said. By the way, I'm assuming the hotel is within walking distance of the bars? It looks like it on the maps.

February 15th, 2006, 09:05
Walking distance of the Jomthien bars, yes.

Please report back after your stay; I've been curious about how this new place stacks up. Thanks.

Up2U
February 15th, 2006, 11:41
"Personally, I go to section 14 (yellow chairs) very close to Tui's Place.. I find the staff to be very nice (and one guy is very cute....I always wait for him to take his shirt off and show off his nice body and tatoos).

Any other suggestions on beach chair sections? ".......I used to sit at Rit's section next to the yellow chairs. You might the try the Rainbow section just a stone's throw from the Rabbit. Gay owned with gay staff. Good service with twice the spacing between chairs compared to other sections. Eye-candy isn't quite as good as Rit's section though.

http://rainbowbeach.flappie.nl/

February 15th, 2006, 12:10
Unless by eye candy you mean mountains of age-spotted, hairy flesh, that is.

catawampuscat
February 15th, 2006, 12:33
Right behind Avalon is the new View Talay in the process of construction..
Maybe some noise or construction dust but maybe noisy part finished already.. It sure looks good with beautiful pool...

Boygeenyus.. somehow one gets used to the old mountains of hairy flesh and ones eyes adjust to see only the young slim hairless bodies.. Believe me there are some so huge and extreme that even a veteran looks in amazement that someone can get so fat and still be alive and mobile and be shameless enough to take off their shirts and wear swimsuits..

DJB0Y-old
February 15th, 2006, 20:23
"Believe me there are some so huge and extreme that even a veteran looks in amazement that someone can get so fat and still be alive and mobile and be shameless enough to take off their shirts and wear swimsuits"

Ain't that the truth. But somehow, it all just seems to fade and blend away.

I have to say though, it really is a very funny scene at that Jomtien gay beach. An unbelieveable amount of foreigners....but also, a lot of crazy thai guys too. Honestly, like nothing I've ever seen before any place else in the world.

I can't say I really care for it...but for a day or two, I guess it's okay for me and my bf.

:flower:

February 15th, 2006, 21:17
Sounds like Jomtien is the place for me - it's kind of like a bride choosing fat bridesmaids to make herself look better.

I am going to find a chair in the foothills of Mts. Follicle and Hirstute and revel in the fact that I am, in comparison, looking good!

Smiles
February 15th, 2006, 21:33
" ... I am going to find a chair in the foothills of Mts. Follicle and Hirstute and revel in the fact that I am, in comparison, looking good! .... "
Well that's the reason many folks give for watching Jerry Springer day in and day out. It's for comparison purposes!! :blackeye:

Some may not believe this, but I've never sat down under an umbrella at Jomtien Beach. The above descriptions may be the reason why.

But this April we'll be staying at a hotel fairly close to the beach so I may just go against all my best instincts and sashay on down there for an afternoon of research (avec 10X zoom Canon S1). Rumour has it that H*dd* goes there all the time, doesn't he? Can't wait!!

Cheers ...

Carnarvon-old
February 15th, 2006, 21:37
(...)The other crazy thing was they said they had free wireless internet. But you have to register your laptop's specific ID number with the front desk. After doing all this, it still didn't work. Apparently, they don't want the rif-raff from the beach coming into their resort to use the free internet so they require individual computer registrations. What's the big deal....so a few extra people drop by the resort and use the free wireless internet. How many people bring a lap top the beach anyway.(...)
I would rather think this is for security reasons (viruses). If they have an "open" network, then anyone can do anyting and transmit viruses to and from their network. If your computer is identified with its MacAddress, which is unique for each machine, the risk is much lower that you behave "badly". It is much safer than giving you a password which can always be cracked.

February 15th, 2006, 21:37
Yeah...so if someone starts lisping to you through his gin breath about the good ol' days back in Kansas, you'll know you're in the right place! Actually, with the hate he seems to inspire, I wonder if Hedda even dares to answer truthfully anymore when a new acquaintance casually asks where he's from.

Smiles
February 15th, 2006, 21:47
boygeenyus
Advanced Member

60.1 Karma
[ Donate ]

How'd you get a 60.1 Karma (point 1???)?
You're not exactly the Board Tooth Fairy. :albino:

Cheers ...

February 15th, 2006, 21:49
I have my admirers, I guess! *blush*

bing
February 15th, 2006, 21:53
You will not have a problem finding a nice place to sit on the beach. If you try one group of chairs and don't care for the service or atmosphere you can move to another set of chairs the next day. I sort of like Rit's chairs. They have a sign so you will find them easy, and they have the same guys working there for years. I walk up after a years absence and it is like homecoming. One of the guys rides a motorcycle and has asked me to bring him a T-shirt from America that says Harley on it. Probably could get one in Pattaya cheaper, but upon my return it is a pretty safe bet my luggage will have a Harley T-shirt in it. I hope you have a great trip, and that you will find the perfect spot on the beach. Also at Rit's chairs you will find other guys open to chatting if you so desire. They can give you the latest update on what is going on in town. You may even hook up for a dinner invitation with some other guys from the beach. Also I would suggest you go the the Thai4Life meeting on Wednesday in the Sunee area. You will meet nice guys and they also will give you some good information on what is going on in town. Pattaya is an easy place to feel at home, and meet some very nice people.

February 15th, 2006, 22:02
...or end up in a tragic fall from your hotel balcony. Good luck!

HIGHRISE
February 16th, 2006, 08:49
Wow, what a wealth of information. I'm glad I stumbled upon this sight. Going back to my original question in this line:

:happy10: Hey Boys! My first posting. I'll be visiting Pattaya for the first time in April, and would greatly appreciate input on the new Avalon Resort and Rabbit Resort. Are they both right at the gay beach? Avalon prices are a little better. I look forward to hearing from you!

I went ahead and booked the Avalon. They're not on a lot of hotel booking sights like the Rabbit is, but I gound one with a better rate than the hotel's internet specials. I'm looking forward to this short visit. Kinda sniffing out the retirment possibilities. By ther way, I'm 50, but fit and trim, so maybe I'll have better luck than some of the guys described earlier. :compress:

February 16th, 2006, 08:57
Can you please share with us the internet site where you found the preferable rate at the Avalon? Thanks!

HIGHRISE
February 16th, 2006, 09:16
Can you please share with us the internet site where you found the preferable rate at the Avalon? Thanks!

I was a little nervous about this sight because I'd not heard of them. http://www.hoteleasy.com/index.html But, they seem to be the only sight other than the hotel's to offer Avalon bookings. You save more by "joining" their club at no cost.