PDA

View Full Version : dental advice ?

December 30th, 2005, 20:11
I'm considering having some dental work done at Bumrungrad Hospital. Has anyone had bridge work done in Bangkok or Pattaya and can comment on prices ?

Smiles
December 30th, 2005, 21:29
Just as a general idea, you might try the ThaiVisa.com message Board. There's a very large number of topic-specific Forums ... one being on all aspects of medical care in Thailand for foreigners. There are nearly 10.000 topics in that Forum, and I'm sure you'll find many on dentistry (click on: Thaivisa Medical Forum (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=529e858b853a095945172f2457282b39&showforum=23) ). (There's also a Gay Thailand Forum, though it has fairly restrictive posting rules and is not overly busy.)

http://www.thaivisa.com is an excellent resource for those interested in general Thailand subjects, with of course an emphasis on ex-pat life and issues. It's particularly strong on visa and immigration info.

Cheers ...

December 30th, 2005, 22:03
Every visit i go to the dentist opp the Day night sign in Pattaya,near the cnr statue where the bike taxis are.He s a good dentist and keeps a file on you. A filling cost me 350 b ,and he made me a one tooth dental plate ,i think that was about 400 b.

I cant affoed to go to the dentist in Australia.The consultation price is $65 plus $99 per filling.
Pattaya works out to be roughly $10 per filling.

December 30th, 2005, 22:22
Well mrsydny, as we have a social secure system, we pay almost nothing if we go dentist in Belgium, but i real hope not feel real needs to go dentist in Pattaya, not something i look foreword in my Holiday ha ha ha.

December 31st, 2005, 05:41
Australia has a great social medicare program as well baziel but for some weird reason it doesn't cover dental work !!

December 31st, 2005, 06:01
I had a tooth brake off at breakfast at Tartawan.
Not their fault...

My UK friend recommend Bangkok Children's Hospital.
Went there and they did a great job.
Very reasonalbe by comparison to the US.

Hope this is helpful,
George

December 31st, 2005, 09:26
Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital (Soi Convent) has a great dental clinic, all overseas-trained Thai dentists, excellent English, pay by credit card. They will give you an approximate quote. My last crown was ... I've forgotten, but one-third to one-half what I was quoted in Australia the previous week