PDA

View Full Version : monthly 65,000 baht income question

September 9th, 2007, 09:05
Can someone explain what the 65,000 baht a month income means in terms of a retirment visa? No need to go into the 800,000, 3 month requirment. I only don't know what the 65,00 is all about. I looked at thaivisa already. thanks

September 9th, 2007, 09:46
Can someone explain what the 65,000 baht a month income means in terms of a retirment visa? No need to go into the 800,000, 3 month requirment. I only don't know what the 65,00 is all about. I looked at thaivisa already. thanks

Boogyman,

I am not 100% but I think, it is either/or.

You have got 800,000 baht in an account or proof of income ie Pension to the value of 65,000 baht per month.

September 9th, 2007, 10:08
To expand on Kevin's reply: it's either, or, or a combination of both. To quote from a Thai Immigrations web site:

(a) proof of income or pension from the Embassy of a monthly income of not less than B65,000, or

(b) letter of guarantee from a Thai bank showing a deposit of not less than B800,000 together with a copy of bank statement(s) showing a minimum B800,000 balance was maintained for the previous three months, or

(c) a combination of (a) + (b) above to show an amount of not less than B65,000 per month

Example of (c): if you have retirement income of B40,000/mo, you would need (B65,000 - B40,000 x 12 =) B300,000 in savings certified by the bank.

There can be a slight discrepancy in the calculations, since B65,000/mo x 12 mos = B780,000 (not B800,000), but the way Immigrations calculates it is starting with your actual retirement income, as in my example above.

TrongpaiExpat
September 9th, 2007, 12:14
Then there was this post on Thai Visa:

тАЬThe meeting was opened by Jim Jones, who was making his first appearance as MC. His first task was to introduce Barry Kenyon, Honorary British Consul who was making a welcome return visit to announce some breaking news about retirement visas тАУ good news for a change. Barry announced that the Commander of the Pattaya Immigration Office told him that he received a notice from his superiors that the requirement to obtain a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok as verification of the authenticity of the Embassy letter certifying pension income has been cancelled. This requirement was initially supposed to go into effect on October 1, 2007,тАЭ

Others have posted on other various boards that sometimes the original letter has been taken when applying for an extension in Pattaya, Bangkok seem to almost always take the original.

It seems that for every new immigration rule there are three different interpretations and applications depending on the office and/or the individual immigration clerk processing the papers.

September 9th, 2007, 16:16
Thank you gentlemen for the help.

Rogelio
September 9th, 2007, 16:18
It means your gross income for one month from all possible sources.

:cheers:

Smiles
September 9th, 2007, 19:41
Here's a link to the so-called 'Retirement Visa' application regulations from the main source ... the Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

The financial stuff which Boogyman is asking about is found under Part 2: Required Documents and is very short and quite precise. It gives a couple of options regarding the mix of money needed to receive the Visa (all mentioned above in other posts), but the bottom line is that ~ whatever financials you are applying with, the grand total cannot be less than 800,000 baht annually . . . no matter how creatively you mix up 'income' and 'money-in-the-bank'.

(My bolding):

"A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht .... OR .... an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, .... OR .... a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht."

Cheers ...