PDA

View Full Version : Airport - immagration exits

Shuee
September 6th, 2007, 22:36
The new airport i waited around 1hr in the que there last time, standing after a long flight in the heat with people pushing through the que's was horrible!!

i have heard a rumour that there are 3 immagration exit queing points A,B & C, can anyone confiirm this..........................?

ned kelly-old
September 7th, 2007, 05:57
There are multiple exits, however you have to go to the one directed. The immigration officials are aware of what flights they check through and will send you to the correct one. If you did make it through and had luggage you would have a problem as the appropriate exits are aligned with the luggage carousals and are in separate areas. Ditto for anyone meeting you as flights are marked to the appropriate exits.
You were very unlucky. Whilst there have been a number of problems with the new airport, generally speaking from my experience, check through time has been a significant improvement.

September 7th, 2007, 05:58
The new airport i waited around 1hr in the que there last time, standing after a long flight in the heat with people pushing through the que's was horrible!!Welcome to Amazing Thailand, where tourists are always made to feel special

]i have heard a rumour that there are 3 immagration exit queing points A,B & C, can anyone confiirm this..........................?There are certainly two because my driver is always at the other one

September 7th, 2007, 08:11
The new airport i waited around 1hr in the que there last time, standing after a long flight in the heat with people pushing through the que's was horrible!!

i have heard a rumour that there are 3 immagration exit queing points A,B & C, can anyone confiirm this..........................?
Your inquiry is a bit confusing: the Immigrations area is not where the lettered exits are.

There are three immigrations halls, and anybody from any flight can go to any of them. It is not like Don Muang where Terminal 1 arrivals had to use the Terminal 1 Immigrations area. (There is only one terminal at Suvarnabhumi.) In fact, if there are long queues in one area, Immigrations will direct you to the other two areas. The last time I went through, the middle hall was the only one with a "bank queue" type of system where you don't each line up behind each podium. Of course, it had the fewest number of Immigrations Officers available.

There was a period of time recently where the middle immigrations hall was only available for Thai passport-holders, air crew and V.O.A.s, but the last two times I went through, it was again available for everybody.

There are two exits from the customs area (after you've finished Immigrations in the immigrations hall and passed the baggage conveyor belts): B and C. You can make a prior agreement in advance to meet your party at Door B or C, and then exit through that door. Door A is only for domestic flight arrivals.

[edited to add following diagram]

TrongpaiExpat
September 7th, 2007, 22:24
I guess it's just a matter of timing and luck. I just went through Immigration door C with no wait. No one was in line. Then luggage came out in less than 5 min. Record time.

Yes, your directed to one of the two Immigrations areas.

None of the show your boarding pass either this time. If you did manage to get to one of the other immigration areas you would miss your luggage.

September 7th, 2007, 23:33
It's a matter of luck as it is in most airports. If your plane arrives when other 747s, for example, are unloading , you will queue longer. I arrive on the same flight four times a year and the waiting time has varied from two minutes up to forty. It's worth getting to the front of the departing passengers from your plane if your health's up to it.
One tip; choose a booth next to the Diplomatic one. If it's quiet (and it usually is) the officer will summon falang from the nearest queue.

jinks
September 8th, 2007, 01:18
I always get the "fast track" dealt with away from any queue.....

I arrive as a poor cripple boy in a wheel chair.
My luggage is always waiting for me.

krobbie
September 8th, 2007, 05:20

SNAP!

I took the wheel chair option also. Although last off the plane ... I was first past the post, so to speak.

I am amputee (below knee right leg) and although I have perfectly good prosthetic(s) and walking sticks, Thai has a chair for me if I choose to use it, even on domestic flights. Info is cemented in my Thai profile when booking. Same as my preferred seat number. I find this pretty amazing considering I am just one of many down the back.

Cheers,
K.

thrillbill
September 8th, 2007, 06:12
Is it really poor timing or less workers at immigration? But since the new airport has opened I have waited the 4 times I have arrived for more than 45 minutes. Ok, this is normal in many countries (up to 2 hours in "lovely" Saudi Arabia) but compared to the old airport, I definately went through immigration quicker. --By the way, as efficient as Singapore is, why isn't there more immigration lines there? One will wait almost up to an hour there. ("Love" the dike women clerks there)

krobbie
September 8th, 2007, 09:07
By golly ... when I come back in January I am going to do the customs and immagration thing like everyone else just to see how it goes.

I guess it's brave to say that at this point. I might get chicken shit before then and revert to assistance.

I have to say what I did find troublesome, is the signage or lack there-of. I have a crap sense of direction at the best of times but I found it hard going for a while at "Suwanapoom" airport. The best thing to do is keep a level head and ask around (I did this anyway) with a smile (not a grumble). No worries.

Cheers
K.

manfarang-old
September 8th, 2007, 23:35
So far I have really experienced any problem with arrivals immigration. I always beat my luggage to the carousel anyway. But last trip (June) I was surprised at the long lines at the departure passport check, which wound up taking about 45 minutes. I don't think that it ever took me more than 10 minutes on prior trips.

Shuee
September 9th, 2007, 18:58
the scary thing here for me was becuase i came out of imogration ques so late - the carosel with the flight marked on the electronic board, had changed to the next flight coming in!!

This made me panic, but a kind thai lady said that the end carasel is the usual one from the country i came from, (see my advatar), & alas there was my poor suitcase going round all by itself, & feeling as sorry for itself as i was too

globalwanderer
September 9th, 2007, 19:05
So far I have really experienced any problem with arrivals immigration. I always beat my luggage to the carousel anyway. But last trip (June) I was surprised at the long lines at the departure passport check, which wound up taking about 45 minutes. I don't think that it ever took me more than 10 minutes on prior trips.

never had any problems in or out....... and baggage halls are connected to which ever immigration point you go through you can get to your bags

September 9th, 2007, 19:56
Buy yourself a Thailand Elite Card any enjoy express services (no wheelchair needed).

It's just a matter of time and anybody can find something to complain about.

I wish any Immigration services would be as fast and comfortable as in Thailand. I have never ever had any reason to complain.

September 9th, 2007, 20:50
Buy yourself a Thailand Elite Card any enjoy express services (no wheelchair needed).

I hope your joking!
At 1 million Baht (c. $30,000 US/┬г14,8000) for membership, Thailand Elite is an expensive way of bypassing Immigration queues !

I've had a couple of horrendous experiences queuing at Immigration on arrival since the move to Suvarnabhumi but I wouldn't pay that much, even if I could afford it. :cheers:

Shuee
September 9th, 2007, 22:16
being truthful - on my very 1st time at new airport, i did like trongpai walk straight through, & luggage was there ahead of me also, even though i was warned about delays on here, so i walked slowly from the plane exit - but no need - i wish it were like this all the time :bounce:

September 10th, 2007, 07:51

Jinks,

They always let me through the Thai Nationals arrival desk, as I am a complicated case! [ Been on bail for over seven years now!]

Threy keep giving me permission to go home,They're hoping one day I won't come back!

krobbie
September 10th, 2007, 14:04

Jinks,

They always let me through the Thai Nationals arrival desk, as I am a complicated case! [ Been on bail for over seven years now!]

Threy keep giving me permission to go home,They're hoping one day I won't come back!

kquill, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure they greet you with open arms at the airport. I guess the area you reside in need you income / spending, to assist with keeping the town in shoes and food.

Cheers
K.