PDA

View Full Version : Kaos in Sunee Plaza, Pattaya is closed for 3 months

Dboy
September 6th, 2007, 07:42
Is a bar closure noticed tied to the bar by the *name* of the bar or by the *address* or by the *owner's name* ??

Dboy

Up2U
September 6th, 2007, 08:14
Is a bar closure noticed tied to the bar by the *name* of the bar or by the *address* or by the *owner's name* ??

Dboy

Perhaps the name on the business license?

Dboy
September 6th, 2007, 08:22
Ok, so what's to prevent them from getting a new license (by a sub-lease under the name of an associate) and re-opening under a new name? ..especially with recent investment in the place. On the other hand this is low season, and this closure notice will lift just in time for high season. I'm just curious how bar/gogo owners work these things.

Dboy

September 6th, 2007, 08:44
same night also The place 2be was closed for the same reason. It seems Crazy Dragon and Come In bar may by are next to close same problem
They hired a lawyer and are fighting in court for the moment but I can not really see that they will have a change to win

September 6th, 2007, 09:17
This has been going on since the day Kaos opened for the very first time, years ago. Nothing new... just different date.

September 6th, 2007, 14:30
same night also The place 2be was closed for the same reason. It seems Crazy Dragon and Come In bar may by are next to close same problem
They hired a lawyer and are fighting in court for the moment but I can not really see that they will have a change to win

For all they want to know! Both Bar "Kaos" and "Place 2 Be" accept the charges and paid in the court Pattaya 5.000 Baht fine. "Krazy Dragon" and "Come Inn Bar" not accept the charges, not paid and signed anything. Banglamung District Officers and the Governor of Chonburi Province are informed and I honestly think they drop the charges. The question in this case is " Who has the better connections?" It is true, that we put a lawyer in charge. The Browns wanted 100.000 Baht. But they got nothing! August and September is Money making Time, because high ranking Browns have to leave Pattaya. At least one speech for Thailand: "You wrong you pay and you not wrong you not pay!"

:diabloanifire:

September 6th, 2007, 14:46
This evening about 8:45, a number of us witnessed 2 individuals in plain clothes speaking to management and then posting an official, written in Thai, "This Bar is Closed" poster on Kaos's door.

The notice specifies the bar will be closed until December 3.

The young men working in the bar changed and left, mostly for Sundance across the way, where they are now working. Some moved to Look Boy (formerly Y2K).

All three venues share some common ownership, I'm told, making the transition for the displaced workers easy.

Kaos, possibly the most popular bar in the Plaza, is closed with what I'm sure is a substantial loss in revenue for the owner(s) as the bar had recently expanded due to demand and was usually packed for the 10:00 show.

Recently Kaos and a number of other Sunee Plaza bars were raided, the bar boys forced to take a drug test, and I'm told that several workers at Kaos tested positive for YaaBaa. I'm told that entertainment venues are considerer in violation if 3 or more of their employees test positive and are subject to closure as just happened.

Some of the above is conjecture, rumour, or opinion but for sure Kaos is closed, at least for the night.

After all, this is Thailand and things change.

From Wikipedia...

Yaba ; also Ya Ba, Yaa baa, Yabba, Ya baa or Yah Bah;("crazy medicine", "Hitler's drug", or "Nazi speed" in Thai) are tablets containing a mixture of methamphetamine and caffeine, typically brightly colored in orange, red, or green and carrying logos such as "R" or "WY". Quality varies according to source, most are manufactured for oral administration or 'chasing' on foil; there is a brand preferred for injecting from Laos. This illegal drug is especially popular in Thailand, where it is imported from neighboring Myanmar.

Good, I hope the Kaos Paedo Hole close for ever!

September 6th, 2007, 14:50
Glad the dragon doesn't post too often on here. That moving dragon picture is enough to make you go blind.

September 6th, 2007, 15:04
Ok, so what's to prevent them from getting a new license (by a sub-lease under the name of an associate) and re-opening under a new name? ..especially with recent investment in the place. On the other hand this is low season, and this closure notice will lift just in time for high season. I'm just curious how bar/gogo owners work these things.

Dboy

They don't work these things.

Also, a license takes a lot longer to achieve than you think and it is impossible to sidestep this without being closed for a substantial period.

Regards previous posts, in the case of Kaos, they certainly had it coming!

PinkSilom
September 6th, 2007, 15:56
If a bar owner can be help responsible and punished when Methamphetamine is detected in the urine of an employee, doesn't it follow that he is also responsible for having his employees tested? If staff were drug tested twice a week, it would minimise the likelihood of a positive test when a raid occurred.

September 6th, 2007, 16:07
This evening about 8:45, a number of us witnessed 2 individuals in plain clothes speaking to management and then posting an official, written in Thai, "This Bar is Closed" poster on Kaos's door.

The notice specifies the bar will be closed until December 3.

The young men working in the bar changed and left, mostly for Sundance across the way, where they are now working. Some moved to Look Boy (formerly Y2K).

All three venues share some common ownership, I'm told, making the transition for the displaced workers easy.

Kaos, possibly the most popular bar in the Plaza, is closed with what I'm sure is a substantial loss in revenue for the owner(s) as the bar had recently expanded due to demand and was usually packed for the 10:00 show.

Recently Kaos and a number of other Sunee Plaza bars were raided, the bar boys forced to take a drug test, and I'm told that several workers at Kaos tested positive for YaaBaa. I'm told that entertainment venues are considerer in violation if 3 or more of their employees test positive and are subject to closure as just happened.

Some of the above is conjecture, rumour, or opinion but for sure Kaos is closed, at least for the night.

After all, this is Thailand and things change.

From Wikipedia...

Yaba ; also Ya Ba, Yaa baa, Yabba, Ya baa or Yah Bah;("crazy medicine", "Hitler's drug", or "Nazi speed" in Thai) are tablets containing a mixture of methamphetamine and caffeine, typically brightly colored in orange, red, or green and carrying logos such as "R" or "WY". Quality varies according to source, most are manufactured for oral administration or 'chasing' on foil; there is a brand preferred for injecting from Laos. This illegal drug is especially popular in Thailand, where it is imported from neighboring Myanmar.

Good, I hope the Kaos Paedo Hole close for ever!

You better shut up and stop spreading this nonsense.

September 6th, 2007, 16:21
If a bar owner can be help responsible and punished when Methamphetamine is detected in the urine of an employee, doesn't it follow that he is also responsible for having his employees tested? If staff were drug tested twice a week, it would minimise the likelihood of a positive test when a raid occurred.

Hi,

Slight problem there.

If the staff are taking illegal substances they try avoid being tested by arriving late when the bars are open and management is busy.It doesn't take long for the first one who arrives and know testing is to take place, to get on the phone to their mates!

Also, the costs of these kinds of tests are expensive and prohibitive. Twice a week would be very expensive.

Bars do NOT make the kind of money once they have paid all the other "dues" to make it worth their while!

Furthermore, customers do not wish to absorb these extra costs with increased drinks prices. Customers only look what is in their glass.

They do not look at location, shows, Police, drug tests, STDs tests etc etc. and we know by a lot of comments how price conscious many are, in Pattaya and on this board[b]

September 6th, 2007, 16:27
Salamanca is a well-known troll. Forget about him!
Don't reply to his messages since this is what he wants when he spreads his vicious lies!

September 6th, 2007, 16:41

Dear Pink Silom,

there is certainly some law in Thailand for testing Staff for Methamphetamine. We the Krazy Dragon and the Come Inn Bar checking all our Staff every 3 month. The law said that is enough. Doing the test twice a week will cost the owner per staff member between 100-150 Baht depend which Methamphetamine test we choose.

Prevent problems like that is very difficult. So for me means that honestly, if some staff from the chief of the browns do something wrong, the chief got arrested, charged and the Headquarter close down for 3 month. Sounds funny?

The Drug problem in Thailand is the same Problem as in every Country, but here is the Problem much more difficult. As long some important persons making a lot of money with drugs, the problems not go away. To punish Business owners with fines or close downs is not the right way to solve the drug problem. To arrest some Person which has taken drugs and lock them away between 45-180 days, is also not the right way in my mind. Nothing will change! Prevention will be the right thing, but this is not our concern!

September 6th, 2007, 17:32
Don't reply to his messages since this is what he wants when he spreads his vicious lies!

Better a well-known troll as a paedo! The Kaos a paedo place and this is fact. Talking about Paedo places is like pulling a tooth here. The place is closed and I hope for ever!

September 6th, 2007, 17:35
And why always the staff why not also the costumer's and the farrang owners from the bar testing for use of yaba
and if it has to do with who you know your relations how come then that they have checked also come in and dragon or was your phone closed battery empty ??

September 6th, 2007, 18:00
And why always the staff why not also the costumer's and the farrang owners from the bar testing for use of yaba
and if it has to do with who you know your relations how come then that they have checked also come in and dragon or was your phone closed battery empty ??

Hi,

I think they should check the costumers! if we know who they are??

Are these the people who organize the shows???

September 6th, 2007, 18:33
Wouldn"t it be interesting if they started to post all the screen names that various posters use? Especially when they post just to belittle a bar or another poster.

PinkSilom
September 6th, 2007, 18:56
Hi Krazydragon,

Personally, I think it unfair to hold an employer responsible for an employee taking drugs off their premises. However, the reality is, the authorities will do as they please. I now appreciate the cost of testing twice a week would be prohibitive, but surely testing more frequently than once every three months would pay off. The cost of having the bar closed would be far greater. Regular testing would do little more than discourage the druggies from working in your bar, and just move the problem to someone else's bar, but that's someone else's worry.

September 6th, 2007, 20:03
This huge commotion over drugs and sex is a very modern one in human history. WasnтАЩt it to keep the Puritanical Yanks and Brits happy that most Asian countries enacted these legalities? Countries that have modified their legislation to reflect a more easy going attitude have seen no rise in drug use. And unless you are a religious fundamentalist nut case, sex is harmless unless other issues above and beyond sex, per se, are involved, such as threat or violence.
It seems the only ones to lose if these were legalized would be the Mafia who make a bundle exactly because this stuff is illegal and corrupt police and government officials who can extort bribes and pay offs.
Also, all this carping about the age at which one can freely have sex with anyone one chooses is another huge bogeyman. Japan and Spain have ages of 13, with even a few states in America set at 14 (Hawaii, which I know of). It has been demonstrated over and over that the only harm to come from having sex is the irrational hysteria it causes among a public whipped up into a psychotic frenzy over the issue. Even Goebbels knew that if you keep repeating a lie long enough people will believe it.
Please note that I do not use drugs of any kind whatsoever and never have, and my boyfriend is 40. Thanks.

September 6th, 2007, 21:04

Better a well-known troll as a paedo! The Kaos a paedo place and this is fact. Talking about Paedo places is like pulling a tooth here. The place is closed and I hope for ever!

You said you went into Kaos only once, and you not even finished your drink. How do you know the bar is a "paedo" place if you went there only for a couple of minutes? You are not only a troll, you are one of the most pathetic trolls around!

Shuee
September 6th, 2007, 23:03
why is it a 3month closure now,

first it was 1month, now 2 month, now its 3 months, ummmm what else can they make up as they go along.

when will it be 4 months i wonder ?

what do you mean? qoute' its high season when the bib bosses leave pty'
why do they leave this time of yr?

September 6th, 2007, 23:33
Glad the dragon doesn't post too often on here. That moving dragon picture is enough to make you go blind.

Boogyman, YOUR moving Avatar is so cute it might (if what my mother told me when I was a boy is right) make me go blind too. :alien:

September 7th, 2007, 01:29
why is it a 3month closure now,

first it was 1month, now 2 month, now its 3 months, ummmm what else can they make up as they go along.

when will it be 4 months i wonder ?

what do you mean? qoute' its high season when the bib bosses leave pty'
why do they leave this time of yr?

The decision could be applauded, IF only if IF, it was for the REAL benefit of the downtrodden!

Goodnight everyone.

jvt22222
September 7th, 2007, 06:43
Say for example, a staff member of BigC or a small 7-11 or Your Mamma's Gold Shop were taking yaba after working hours and the police stopped by to test there the following morning and the staff member tested positive -- would the police close the place? If the law relates to "entertainment venues", what if the place were the new Major Cineplex or Ruen Thai Restaurant which has live entertainment??

Wesley
September 7th, 2007, 07:00
If you look around, its not hard to see that drugs are in every county and the west is a guilty as anyone when it comes to this problem, it seems senseless to close the business to correct a problem that is marketed by people much more powerful than the bar owner and probably has its roots in the police and government offices. if there is money to be made, the police and politicians are the first in line with their hand out, not the poor bar owner, he is just trying to make a living seems to me. I could be wrong but, this is what I see every country I go in.

Wes

September 7th, 2007, 09:15
If you look around, its not hard to see that drugs are in every county and the west is a guilty as anyone when it comes to this problem, it seems senseless to close the business to correct a problem that is marketed by people much more powerful than the bar owner and probably has its roots in the police and government offices. if there is money to be made, the police and politicians are the first in line with their hand out, not the poor bar owner, he is just trying to make a living seems to me. I could be wrong but, this is what I see every country I go in.

Wes

Accurate Wes,

I also think jvt22222 is correct as well

krobbie
September 8th, 2007, 10:35

I was thinking exactly that when I scrolled down to your post. I really did laugh out loud. The dragon is distracting and unnerving, although I did read the whole post while the commotion was going on underneath.

Cheers
K.

September 23rd, 2007, 06:22

For all they want to know! Both Bar "Kaos" and "Place 2 Be" accept the charges and paid in the court Pattaya 5.000 Baht fine. "Krazy Dragon" and "Come Inn Bar" not accept the charges, not paid and signed anything. Banglamung District Officers and the Governor of Chonburi Province are informed and I honestly think they drop the charges. The question in this case is " Who has the better connections?" It is true, that we put a lawyer in charge. The Browns wanted 100.000 Baht. But they got nothing! August and September is Money making Time, because high ranking Browns have to leave Pattaya. At least one speech for Thailand: "You wrong you pay and you not wrong you not pay!"

Does anyone know thw outcome? Where the charges dropped?

Shuee
September 24th, 2007, 00:29
i'm not sure of the outcome, maybe it was a case of too many pants dropped in the past!!!!!!!!

lonelywombat
September 24th, 2007, 02:41
(quote]

Does anyone know thw outcome? Were the charges dropped?[/quote]

Earlier this week, it appeared that a new door had been built into the outside wall and the recent extension of about a shopfront
is operating and the old area closed. I looked in at opening time and the stage is below street level with a large standing/viewing area
behind the rows of seats. Unless things have changed in the last few days it is still operating