PDA

View Full Version : condom/lube where do you get yours

Shuee
September 5th, 2007, 22:59
where do you get your condoms/lube from whilst in los?

i usually find the cheapest place in pty is the 7-11 shops, but without boasting - i do get through a lot. can you bulk buy anywhere, or get a good deal somewhere else???

i believe the ones in 7-11 are 55bt for x3 durex type, similar for KY lube
do i need to find one of those cheap chinese supermarkets - but where are they in pty?

September 6th, 2007, 02:45
... bring some with you from wherever you live, in the UK they are free, as is the lube, I bring loads with me and give what I don't use (there aint many) to locals when I leave. As for the used ones, well sometimes they want them also!

September 6th, 2007, 02:59
Like WhiteDesire, I bring condoms and lube from home. I like a certain brand of lube that is very slippery. If I do run out of lube, Friendship Supermarket on South Pattaya road (close to Tuk.com) has a few different brands of lube. Or, like you said, the 7-11 will have a small selection.

ned kelly-old
September 6th, 2007, 05:58
The other problem with many of the local Thai condoms....and this includes Durex, Ansell, etc as they are all manufactured here.....is that they are too small! This is not about bragging, but you significantly increase the likelihood of tearing, which is a mishap no one wants.

September 6th, 2007, 10:39
http://www.freedoms-shop.com/ishop/950/shopscr93.html

For Brits this is a great place. Being a hospital they don't charge 17.5% VAT so their prices are about a third less than elsewhere e.g. Liquid Silk squirty bottle is ┬г6 and elsewhere ┬г9+.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/liquidsilksetof3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/milleniumsetof2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/wetstuffgold2.jpg

I like Liquid Silk and ID Millennium but best of all is Wet Stuff Gold and it's cheap and a little goes a long way.

krobbie
September 6th, 2007, 12:37
The supermarkets stock both condoms and lube. I take my own condoms from New Zealand for reasons already discussed, but lube is lube. There's heaps to choose from at the Carrefour supermarkets.

September 6th, 2007, 16:08
[/quote]I take my own condoms from New Zealand for reasons already discussed, but lube is lube.

Sorry, Krobbie, I disagree. All lubes are not created equal. Lubes come in three basic types тАУ water-based, oil-based, and silicone-based тАУ all of which have different properties. We all know not to use the dreaded oil-based lubes like vaseline, many body and hand lotions. These are not recommended for use with latex condoms but okay if you need a little help masturbating. Water-based lubes are usually the way to go because they do no deteriorate latex therefore safe with condoms. Usually water base lubes are non-irritating, relatively inexpensive, and don't stain the sheets. They may dry out quickly over a long heated session, but easily rectified by adding a little more lube, water, or saliva. Silicone lube is the last category. Like water based lube. silicone lube is safe with condoms. The lube stays slick longer but is usually more expensive and can be harder to clean up after (you need soap and water). If you are into water sports, this is the lube for you since it can be used in the water without being washed off.

September 6th, 2007, 16:10
I take my own condoms from New Zealand for reasons already discussed, but lube is lube.[quote]

Sorry, Krobbie, I disagree. All lubes are not created equal. Lubes come in three basic types тАУ water-based, oil-based, and silicone-based тАУ all of which have different properties. We all know not to use the dreaded oil-based lubes like vaseline, many body and hand lotions. These are not recommended for use with latex condoms but okay if you need a little help masturbating. Water-based lubes are usually the way to go because they do no deteriorate latex therefore safe with condoms. Usually water base lubes are non-irritating, relatively inexpensive, and don't stain the sheets. They may dry out quickly over a long heated session, but easily rectified by adding a little more lube, water, or saliva. Silicone lube is the last category. Like water based lube. silicone lube is safe with condoms. The lube stays slick longer but is usually more expensive and can be harder to clean up after (you need soap and water). If you are into water sports, this is the lube for you since it can be used in the water without being washed off.

krobbie
September 6th, 2007, 16:47
Jeez, I knew this lifestyle would turn out to be rocket science. My mum didn't seem to think so though.

Thanks for the extensive overview. BTW, I don't think any self respecting homosexual would use vaseline. I think that ended in the early 70's.

However, I bow to your better knowledge.

FYI, I use a very gratifying waterbasedf lube called Astroglyde. I will learn not to be so flip with my replies on this obviously seruous site.

Cheers,
K :blackeye:

September 6th, 2007, 22:54
I did not mean to go over the top with my rocket science response. I was just trying to share information. I would not think any "in the know homo" would use vaseline or any other oil-based lube, but you never know. Your choice of Astroglide is a good one and one of my favorites.

September 7th, 2007, 01:22
http://www.astroglide.com/

It is available in Thailand at Fascino Pharmacies ( maybe other places?). There is one on North Pattaya Road near City Hall.

I bought some. It was jolly expensive and I was not keen.

September 7th, 2007, 06:33
I bought some. It was jolly expensive and I was not keen.

Wowpow. I am sorry to hear that you were not keen on Astroglide. I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. I find that a little dab will do you. I buy a 5 ounce bottle at home at the local shopping center for under five pounds. I do not think that is jolly expensive!!! Thailand prices are a bit different, I am sure.