PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for jomtien from a straight couple

September 5th, 2007, 07:31
A married couple friend of ours stayed in VT2 recently and had dinner somewhere in Jomtien

They commented on the wide street, the absence of visitors and that something needed to be done.

I agreed but was surprised to receive an email with their suggestion.

In the early 70's Bugis Street in Singapore was famous around the world for its parade of drag queens,
tranvestites, ladyboys call them what you want but still prostitutes.

Their suggestion was as the bars cannot afford to hire many boys/ladyboys they encourage freelancers to
parade themselves[for hire] of course but without off fee. The street tables and chairs are very suitable for watching the passing parade

In Singapore they appeared just before midnight and paraded for around 30 minutes. The tables were full up to an hour before show time.

No pay, but maybe some food and drinks for favourites and amplified music to encourage a show. Best looking or those with personality could earn some good tips

Ok it is just an idea, but more positive than most of the posts re Jomtien that have been posted here.

Some advantages for the complainers , is that no cabaret or go go could mean cheaper prices for drinks and no off fee required.

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 5th, 2007, 09:01
I remember it well ( it was pronounced Boogie..get on down !)but it was more a spontaneous event that built up over the years as in many cities where those who aren't in the so-called 'mainstream' of society, congregate.

But it's demise was due to the dictatorial Lee Quan whatisname who we are all meant to sanctify because he turned his personal fiefdom into a capitalist paradise where you can eat of the streets. Personally I find Singapore the most un-godly and boring spot on the planet ( perhaps Baghdad may be more un-inviting) and we are supposed to whoop for joy at it's pristine but dull streets and mind numbing "duty free shopping" ( do we actually any more wretched consumer rubbish ?)

Isn't Pattaya really one giant Boogie Street ??...but if it happened in Jomtien it would be fun.

Wesley
September 5th, 2007, 09:10
Mr Booze, I think it would be fabulous as well,

Wes

September 5th, 2007, 09:29
I don't think Jomtien Plaza will ever be as busy as Walking Street, Boys Town or Sunee. Freelancers aren't going to hang about if there are no customers. The Ladyboys are already busy trolling Walking Street and Beach Road. Why should they move to Jomtien?

I don't know what the answer is for Jomtien but I do know one thing- Gays should NEVER, EVER take advice from Straight couples!

September 5th, 2007, 09:47
Gays should NEVER, EVER take advice from Straight couples!... who are really just after what they conceive as a freak show

September 5th, 2007, 10:00
I don't know what the answer is for Jomtien but I do know one thing- Gays should NEVER, EVER take advice from Straight couples!

After reading a lot of this shit that is posted on this forum, I doubt if I would take business advice from gay men or couples either.

They are a professional couple I have known for over 30 years. Hopefully we can get this thread back on topic.

They completely understand they are prostitutes, but looking for gay male or bi men. Those seeking straight men will continue to troll along Beach Road.

September 5th, 2007, 10:17
I'm afraid I agree with Homie. I happen to believe that transsexual and transgendered people deserve better than to be treated as freaks in a zoo.

lonelywombat
September 5th, 2007, 14:10
In the early 70's Bugis Street in Singapore was famous around the world for its parade of drag queens,
tranvestites, ladyboys call them what you want but still prostitutes.

Their suggestion was as the bars cannot afford to hire many boys/ladyboys they encourage freelancers to
parade themselves[for hire] of course but without off fee. The street tables and chairs are very suitable for watching the passing parade

I would prefer to see ladyboys clothed rather than see them mince around in gay bar with their tiny tits

starting to sprout.

All of a sudden ladyboys have become freaks to Homi old chap.

But the chics with dicks or cocks in frocks attracts many on this board.

Forget the trannies just keep it to lady boys in their finest . They are still prostitutes.

After all Montys was more lady boy than masculine hunks.

krobbie
September 5th, 2007, 14:35
Is it "Throw stones at prostitutes" week? Jeez guys, give 'em a break.

September 5th, 2007, 18:54
Ah!!! Boogie Street - remember it well and a favourite haunt after a night out on the sauce :drunken: !! A little restaurant called Zam Zams did the best chicken curry in town (although rumour had it that some of the 'chicken legs' came from the domestic four-legged variety !!)

As for drag queens - didn't see many parading there in my time (1958- 1961) but it was a well-known cruising area for the Singaporean money-boys :cheese:

lonelywombat
September 6th, 2007, 12:53
I am stuffed as to why this thread was moved because the references to bugis[boogie] street 30-35 years ago

Jomtien complex is dying and any idea that can bring people back into or to visit for the first time should be

applauded

There was a straight pattaya chat forum which had a special section on ladyboys, with photos of their cocks and

reports of their services,rating their performances and general discussions about the size of their cocks. Straight?

To launch a recovery, bar owners in Jomtien Complex might have to consider widening their net to include both

gay and bi men and those who consider it is ok to be fucked by a lady boy, as long as they intend to have the

operation

Last week there was a thread on Cartier Boys I am not sure if it was the same bar but in another thread mention

was made of boy bar that catered for women

This is cut and paste from Ilz

This bar and the boys should be encouraged despite the bad location. The Soi Buakhao area is thriving now with a

lot of bars, hotels, etc but still no gay bar except this one, let's hope Cartier Boys will be a pioneer the way Crazy

Pub started the Sunne Plaza scene.

If Jomtien Complex is not going to work as a purely gay street, then to survive they might have to have a street

scene, or full on ladyboy bars that appeal to both sides of the fence. Take a good look at Soi Buakhao

Just slightly off LOS we knew a Vietnamese boy here in Melbourne, that advertised sexual services and worked

from home. He was always interested in drag or cross dressing and when his phone was not ringing occasionly

went to a lane we called trannie alley as a street hooker, just off the main girls beat

He was an outstanding success with some amazing guys. Big name sportsmen were eager to be serviced as long

as he was going to have the operation. They even felt happy they were helping him pay his hospital bills

He laughed one day when told you could always tell cocks in frocks, because they were better dressed , better

groomed and more care was taken with make up.

But he too got into drugs, picked up the girls bad habits and fell by the wayside.

I am told that whenever a young and attractive pre op hooker appears on the streets, they do extremely well.

Just as long as they intend to have the operation. After all we are not queer!!!!!