PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at Wall Street Inn BKK?

krobbie
September 4th, 2007, 08:42
In January I am booked for 5 nights at Wall Street Inn Hotel in the Patpong / Silom area. If anyone has been recently, could they share some info?

Up2U
September 4th, 2007, 13:36
In January I am booked for 5 nights at Wall Street Inn Hotel in the Patpong / Silom area. If anyone has been recently, could they share some info?

A 2-star hotel. About the only plus is it's location (near the Patpong). Small rooms, some with no windows. I think you can do a lot better.

krobbie
September 4th, 2007, 14:52
Bugger! Just my luck. If anyone has a better idea for accomodation under 1700 baht per night .. I'm all ears.

Want to be someone reasonably close to the action and market.

Cheers
Keith

thrillbill
September 4th, 2007, 19:31
My regular place I hang out is Silom Regent serviced apartments...but its really a small hotel. I like it because it is a few steps away from the Sala Daeng Station MRT and it is between soi 4 (where Telephone and Balcony bars are) and soi 2 where Dj's is located. It is also down from my early morning dance club, G.O.D which starts around 2am and closes around 6am. It is not located on Silom but behind the Bug and Bee restaurant. You can get a room without a window for about 1200 baht and a room with a window for about 1600. For the price, I don't think it is the best, but the location is worth it. It is very simple but clean. I like the fact that the floors are all granite- not stained, soiled carpets. The hotel is gay friendly so no problem bringing in guests.

thrillbill
September 4th, 2007, 19:32
Forgot to say, I DID stay at Wallstreet last fall. The room isn't as nice and it is mostly a hotel that caters to Japanese or Chinese and their pick up girls.

Hmmm
September 4th, 2007, 19:40
Alternatives nearby in your price range ....
Plaza, Trinity Silom, Om Yim ...

Others can perhaps advise on recent joiner policy for the 1st two, if that is an issue.

krobbie
September 5th, 2007, 14:17
Forgot to say, I DID stay at Wallstreet last fall. The room isn't as nice and it is mostly a hotel that caters to Japanese or Chinese and their pick up girls.

Well that sounds just charming. I guess I need to up the anti and get somewhere a bit decent. I'll just suck up the money I have already paid and move on.

Thanks for the posting though.

Last time I was through I was at the Raddison for a night, which is in the middle of nowhere but the room was immense and so was the bathroom and dressing room.

They also fixed my artificial leg for free. It seemed to have developed a nasty squeak which kind of gave the show away.

Cheers
keith

krobbie
September 5th, 2007, 14:20

Others can perhaps advise on recent joiner policy for the 1st two, if that is an issue.

Joiner fee not so much an issue as will be with bf. But I think we better get something a bit nicer or bf will not be impressed. Wall Street has no pool either. I really did f--- up.

Thanks for the insight though.

Keith

thaiguest
September 5th, 2007, 16:21
Re. g.f. hotel suriwong road, BKK. @1700b. per night; ROSE HOTEL, almost opposite Tartawan, Rama 4 side, set back in narrow soi behind new construction. Modern thai style, newly refurbished with pool and sauna. Very central. No charge for guests. Reception 'manned' by a row of severe looking, nun-like women who are in fact quite friendly and who couldn't care less if were or had with you a 2-headed siamese twin hermorphrodite so long as you pay the bill. The towels are a bit skimpy though and like all Thai towels, waterproof.

krobbie
September 5th, 2007, 17:37
Thanks for that. I will search around and see if I can findRose Hotel on the net.

By the way ... you must have met my siamese twin boyfriend?

I look forward to my next encounter with a BKK towel. When I was here last I was a bit jet lagged and only had an overnight. Perhaps there was a trail of water as I left to catch my flight to Phuket.

Thanks again for The Rose.

K.

PS Have just checked Rose. Great!

Hmmm
September 5th, 2007, 19:03

Joiner fee not so much an issue as will be with bf. But I think we better get something a bit nicer or bf will not be impressed. Wall Street has no pool either. I really did f--- up.

Thanks for the insight though.

Keith

If you want a pool in this price range. the choice would be the Plaza or the Trinity Silom. Plaza has a fair pool that is in shaded most of the day by surrounding buildings. Rooms are decent though - quite large with mini-kitchen (sink etc). When we used to stay there they would bring the included breakfast to your room for an extra 30 baht per person. My bf now prefers such western breakfasts !

Trinity has one of the best pools in Silom. However it is on 9th floor of the apartment building across the soi that is also part of the Trinity empire. It's part of their gym complex, which is also part of the deal. Rooms are similar standard to the Plaza, but a little dark, since the building is surrounded by others. Breakfast much better than it used to be.

Trinity is closer to transport (Chong Nonsi BTS), but taxi drivers have a hard time finding it (take a map, and don't enter from the Silom Soi 5 end).

thaiguest
September 5th, 2007, 20:11
RE. Rose Hotel, Suriwong Rd. and the matronly guardians of the front desk. You may bring back who you like free, even a siamese twin provided the over 18 rule is obeyed....note they must add up to 36 not 18 between them.

September 5th, 2007, 20:56
ThaiquestтАЩs comments about the Rose are spot on, right down to the тАЬnunsтАЭ on the front desk. IтАЩve never stayed there but have visited a few times (a couple of my friends stay there regularly) and seen a few of the rooms. Rooms were a bit small for my taste, but for the price, good value and great location. I did wonder about noise from the construction site next door, but my friends havenтАЩt found it a problem. Also, they confirm no charge or problem bringing back guests.

thrillbill
September 5th, 2007, 22:08
Last year I checked out the Rose...the pictures of the remodeled rooms (of course) looked great. So the new pool has been completed?

September 6th, 2007, 00:36
I am sure you will find the Suriwong Hotel satisfactory. I always stay there when I'm in Bangkok.
Always clean although not luxurious - reasonable coffee shop which can be pick up place! V close to all
Gay Bars and opposite the dedicated Boys Street in Suriwong Road. I paid 850 per night when I Last stayed there.

krobbie
September 6th, 2007, 13:07
Last year I checked out the Rose...the pictures of the remodeled rooms (of course) looked great. So the new pool has been completed?

Hmmmm, my thoughts exactly. Doesn't seem to be a picture on their website. Thaiguest say newly finished so maybe they haven't got around to upgrading photos on Web.

Seems pretty good for 2000 baht (double).

Cheers
K.

krobbie
September 6th, 2007, 13:10
RE. Rose Hotel, Suriwong Rd. and the matronly guardians of the front desk. You may bring back who you like free, even a siamese twin provided the over 18 rule is obeyed....note they must add up to 36 not 18 between them.

It's gems like this that make posting here a bloody riot on occasions.

Thanks thaiquest,
Keith

September 6th, 2007, 23:41

Hmmmm, my thoughts exactly. Doesn't seem to be a picture on their website. Thaiguest say newly finished so maybe they haven't got around to upgrading photos on Web.

Cheers
K.

I just had a look at the pics on the Rose website. The rooms IтАЩve seen definitely arenтАЩt as spacious as those in the photos appear or as тАЬglamorously appointedтАЭ. They werenтАЩt bad, just rather small. I was last there about a month or two ago. There is a pool, so my friends tell me, but IтАЩve not seen it.

September 7th, 2007, 01:26

Cheers
K.

I just had a look at the pics on the Rose website. The rooms IтАЩve seen definitely arenтАЩt as spacious as those in the photos appear or as тАЬglamorously appointedтАЭ. They werenтАЩt bad, just rather small. I was last there about a month or two ago. There is a pool, so my friends tell me, but IтАЩve not seen it.

Hi,

You've got to get out of the bed to see it, come on Sister, meet them halfway!

krobbie
September 8th, 2007, 05:34
That's a fair statement. I guess the pool doesn't come to you.

I do realise that the pictures on any site don't offen match the reality. I am now going to wait closer to my time of departure until I book (January 14). I have already squandered to nights accomodation at two different places by booking and changing my mind. If it was just me I wouldn't mind, but have the bf to consider.

Cheers
K.

September 8th, 2007, 14:14

Cheers
K.

The Rose does have some good rooms which have been recently completely renovated. You need to search for them. But 2000 TBT per day is a hefty price for what you'l get. ..

krobbie
September 8th, 2007, 17:40
As I have said to kquill ... no wonder I have no money. Now I find that the glorious room pictures on the website of the Rose is representative of some but certainly not all of the rooms, if what I read is correct. I have no reason not to.

Crap! This is turning out to be a nightmare. In the end at this rate I'll be up at some straight high-end joint that's I get through my agent here in NZ. Perhaps Radisson BKK ... in the middle of nowhere. Been there done that.

As it's doing my head in I am just going to leave the whole subject alone until I'm ready to leave for LoS (January).

Thanks for all your replies. At least now I am saved from Wall Street.

Cheers
Keith