PDA

View Full Version : Best time and worse time to Visit LOS

Wesley
September 3rd, 2007, 20:08
I am considering a trip after Christmas if all goes well for me. I have a few medical problems holding up a trip until then. I was wondering what time is the best time to go for a trip to LOS. I have limited my time there so far to the Christmas season of the year. Usually December the 1st to Jan, 1st. I have had some small short trips at odd times but, never long enough to care if things are doing good or bad. So, when is he best time to go. Others may be interested as well so they can plan their annual trip there at a good time and not at Low season when all the boys are home with the family.

Wesley

Up2U
September 4th, 2007, 00:09
I am considering a trip after Christmas if all goes well for me. I have a few medical problems holding up a trip until then. I was wondering what time is the best time to go for a trip to LOS. I have limited my time there so far to the Christmas season of the year. Usually December the 1st to Jan, 1st. I have had some small short trips at odd times but, never long enough to care if things are doing good or bad. So, when is he best time to go. Others may be interested as well so they can plan their annual trip there at a good time and not at Low season when all the boys are home with the family.

Wesley

I think after the New Year Holiday is a great time. The Holiday congestion winds down and it"s still "high season" with great weather.

globalwanderer
September 4th, 2007, 02:11
yOUR RIGHT wes,Low season is not a good time,less boys,less shows etc.

but less competition!!!

September 4th, 2007, 02:14
Even during low season there is no shortage of good looking boys. There is only a shortage of other falangs.

September 4th, 2007, 02:47
Even during low season there is no shortage of good looking boys. There is only a shortage of other falangs.

Agreed. And who cares about them except the bar owners!

GWMinUS
September 4th, 2007, 03:21
What about after March 15th??

September 4th, 2007, 03:36

Hi,

A good time to visit.You are quite OK at that time.Nice weather, not brimming but busy with customers and the bars are in full swing.

Have a good one.

GWMinUS
September 4th, 2007, 03:56
I have a good friend from the Philippines.
Who has always wanted to visit Bangkok.
He is now working in Dubai for a Travel Agency.
Can only get his vacation in March.
So I told him if he can get the plane ticket, I will take care of the hotel!!!
Here we come!!!

:bounce:

krobbie
September 4th, 2007, 05:47
This year I went to Phuket in April / May. Weather was great if you can stand the humidity. Rained on second to last day. Bars were quiet but fun none the less. As has been said ... it's only the lack of falangs that create an air of deperation with the boys and bar owners.

Next trip January 14 to Feb 16. Bangkok, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu. Where, I hear you say? North East, between Loei and Udon Thani. Not exactly the gay hub I agree but it is where the bf's family live and where we have a home.

September 4th, 2007, 11:39

Hi,

A good time to visit.You are quite OK at that time.Nice weather, not brimming but busy with customers and the bars are in full swing.

Have a good one.

What? March starts the hot hot season one of the hottest months of the year. Fact.

September 4th, 2007, 12:21

Hi,

Have a good one.

What? March starts the hot hot season one of the hottest months of the year. Fact.

Boogyman,

I stand by the statement and in fact for the Hotels and bars the main off season is June and September, or it has been for the last 16 years anyways to my knowledge! He, or the people tended to be referring to customer numbers.

I have found March warm but it is more unbearable at times in July/August.

Dboy
September 4th, 2007, 13:45

Wesley

Did you mention somewhere what part of the country you will be travelling in? Could make a difference in selecting the optimal time of year. For instance Chiang Mai in the rainy season can be really crazy..like natural disaster crazy.

Dboy

September 4th, 2007, 14:19
I was thinking only in terms of temperature, right. I forget sometimes that visitors are only thinking about sex and nothing more. I do stand by my saying March is scorching hot. Not in go go bars though.

Dboy
September 5th, 2007, 05:50

Hi,

Have a good one.

But WHEN after March 15th? You may want to figure Songkran festival into this plan. Some people love it, some people hate it. Also how are you in heat? March-April is hot.

Dboy

GWMinUS
September 5th, 2007, 10:30
Thanks for all the opinions!!!

I usually come to Thailand in January or February.
Once went to Phuket in October. RAINED every day!!!
Yeah, I was wondering about the heat in March.

But certainly cannot be as bad as in Dubai.
CHEERS!!!
:compress: