PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Information

February 13th, 2006, 19:54
Hi,

Back to Pattaya then Koh Chang for about 10 days all up not stopping in BKK just wondering if some of you guys can help me out - I know these questions have been asked before but some real up to date information would be appreciated - not looking for any diatribe just some helpfulsuggestions - answer anyway as u will.......

1] Is Welcome Plaza still gay friendly and is there any extra charge for a friend

2] A couple of bars to hang out in the pm with expats

3] Steak - wheres the best at reasonable price

4] How's the Flamingo Hotel lately - last year covered in dust from construction

5] Is Krazy Dragon as good as Crazy Pub and still have same mamasan

6] Taxi service BKK-Pattaya

Appreciate your help

February 14th, 2006, 00:41
1] Is Welcome Plaza still gay friendly and is there any extra charge for a friend

Yes - some of the girls on reception are offhand. The lads on the door are obliging. No charge for a guest. Largely a large straight low market so one should not be 'in the face' of everyone else. Hit it once when the fleet was in... oh those baby Marines!

2] A couple of bars to hang out in the pm with expats

Boring.

3] Steak - wheres the best at reasonable price

Bad for the health

4] How's the Flamingo Hotel lately - last year covered in dust from construction

Don't know

5] Is Krazy Dragon as good as Crazy Pub and still have same mamasan

Don't know

6] Taxi service BKK-Pattaya

If you get a trip at under 1000 baht you might not turn up. Better to get someone reliable who charges 1500... which is next to nothing anyway. Whatever, say where you are going and say what you are paying and stick to it.

Sorry my help is not extensive - I am not in to expats...

Dodger
February 14th, 2006, 05:36
1] Never stayed at Welcome Plaze...have no idea.

2] Best bars to rub elbows with expats (IMO) are #1 Memories Cafe in Sunee Plaza
#2 Panorama in Boyztown, and #3 Two Faces Jomtien Plaza

3] The best steak in Pattaya (again, IMO) is Zum Simple European Restaurant,
located on Second Road & South PTY Rd. - next to Jenny Massage.

4] Construction around Flamingo is complete and the area looks great.

5] Anything is better than the Crazy Pub.

6] Taxi BKK to PTY 1,200 baht

February 14th, 2006, 09:44
1.Never stayed there,if this is your first trip stay somewhere where you can meet people who can give you info etc. Try MONTYS BB in Sunee Plaza or even HOWARDS . Dont stay in places which are not friendly to poofs otherwise how are you going to root around.
2.Best bars try DUCSin Sunee Plaza and MONTYS BAR,Memories not bad but mostly white shoes ,upper class accents ,try working class bars such as MONTYS .or DUCS.
3.The best steak i have found is SIZZLERS ,or the beefsteak Restaurant.
4.Taxi to Bangkok,book thru MIMS TRAVEL AGENCY IN SUNEE.She wont let you down.She is friendly,and wants business.
Websites I think these are right.
www.beauzo.com (http://www.beauzo.com) www.suneeplaza.com (http://www.suneeplaza.com)