View Full Version : Gentlemans club

September 1st, 2007, 16:24
DELETED

September 1st, 2007, 16:53
Why be so cruel to the employees of G Club? Would you like WX looking in on you when you don't expect it?

September 1st, 2007, 17:07
you better stay in your favorite bar La Cage with happy hour it is more youre thing fish and chips and two for the price of one

September 1st, 2007, 18:48
Yes the Gentlemans Club is the oldest gay bar in pattaya. In the past it was famous for its underage boys but I understand recently they have really tried to stay at the 18 age limit. The age can and does vary by a year or so tho. The mamasan isn;t the friendliest guy in town and he is known to pressure one to buy drinks for the boys. The boys are usually a happy bunch and can be quite fun. They have a short time room above which is/was a nice room. Haven't been in there for over a year now so things may have changed.

September 1st, 2007, 19:07
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 1st, 2007, 20:55
and has been great fun it's day and was popular with gentleman ( as the name says) like moi !

any alleged age slip-ups were no worse than anywhere else in Pattaya.

It's got a nice intimate atmosphere and a friendly German owner...

stop being such a tight arse w840afp and get in there and buy the lads a drink...

Wesley
September 1st, 2007, 21:08
I remember looking in, my Bf at the time didn't want to stay more than 5 minutes. I think he knew something I didn't but he didn't say anything; only that he wanted to go right away.

Wesley

firecat69
September 1st, 2007, 21:21
They are mostly small in size and because of the underwear they have on tend to look very young.

When they put street clothes on they often look older. Anytime I have asked for an ID , I always got one and they were of age.

But as said above ,always be careful.

PinkSilom
September 1st, 2007, 21:35
'It's got a nice intimate atmosphere and a friendly German owner... '

I had presumed the owner was Swiss.

September 1st, 2007, 22:11
Going back a long time to the 1987 era, the Falang who owned it then had to do a runner, boys in there could be as young as six, in fact at one time he had a ten year old working behind the bar..... I think Gorden and Jim from BBB fame took it over and cleaned up it's image before selling it on and moving up market. It has nearly always catered for those that like the more Northern small, slim fem looking boys.

September 1st, 2007, 22:22
'It's got a nice intimate atmosphere and a friendly German owner... '

I had presumed the owner was Swiss.
Correct !

Dodger
September 1st, 2007, 22:27
I think it's a fair bet to consider GC the most successful gay gogo bar in Pattaya, not only due to its longevity, but the consistency of its operation. I never recall hearing of any raids, and never see their doors closed. The German owner is genuinely friendly, although extremely street wise. He knows how to work the boys to keep the drinks flowing, which of course is the primary objective of a bar anyway...can't blame him there.

In years gone by, the average age of the GC boys were 14 - 17, which was the cornerstone of GCs reputation for many years. There was a shift about 2 years ago and the staff now appear to be 18ish - give or take an inch.

I've never been much on short-times to begin with, although did find myself up in their ST room once about 6 or 7 years ago with some hot number. I guess the temptation was just too great, as the GC boys used to wear see-through bikini undies - and in some cases, no undies at all. Hmmmmm, those were the days.

francois
September 2nd, 2007, 05:08
I have been visiting GC since 2000 and never saw anyone on stage that was overtly young, surely not like on the other side of town.
Like all clubs it appeals to a certain type of client. How many of us have stuck their head in the door of a club, took one glance, and walked off. Nothing unusual or suspicious about that, is there?
The mamasan is Tum and has been around forever. Like any mamasan he asks if you would like to buy a boy a drink. Just doing his job. He really does not hassle the customers and make a pest of himself as do so many other mamasans.
GC has to be the cleanest club in the whole of Pattaya including the bathroom and short time rooms.
The owner's name is Robert and he is Swiss.

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 2nd, 2007, 08:54
it was his accent...the big mistake is I only go there early..after a long lunch and before dinner..still sober...brrrrrr :shaking2:

jolyjacktar
September 2nd, 2007, 15:03
I think its one of my favourite clubs. Tum the mamasan is a great guy when you get to know him and hes actualy quite funny. I like the cozy seating and the place is very clean. The only 1 problem i have is getting my 6' 8" frame up the spiral stairs to the toilet

September 2nd, 2007, 22:22
My first trip to Pattaya in 1985, there were about 4 gay gg go bars - Gentlemen's Club and Why Not on the same soi. Bar 69 at the South end of walking street and Adam and Eve in North Pattaya. Another place was Cafe Paris near Club 69. which was just a bar with freelancers and a drag show on the weekends. In North Pattaya, there was also the Homex Inn -- gay lodging house with a bar.

September 3rd, 2007, 01:58
I wrote a review of "Gentlemens Club" in the 1998 edition of "Thai Scene" a small Gay Guide. I've just had a look at what I wrote then and here's a couple of quotes "...the boys (definitely on the younger side)... ...this was the only bar in Pattaya where I was not pestered to off a boy... ... Cabaret Show upstairs at 11.30pm".

Well the Cabaret's gone now but most of the rest is still true. Don't remember when I first visited but it would have been some years before I wrote the review.

llz
September 3rd, 2007, 02:26
I still have this guide which was issued only once but was well done with a humorous and very personal tone.
About Gentlemen Club, you also wrote "the boys seem to have been carefully chosen to be particularly attractive even by thai standards"... sure this was true at this time but since 4 or 5 years, they are no more outstanding - although still very nice. And I too like the atmosphere in this well kept bar where even the doormen are not too pestering.

September 3rd, 2007, 02:35
I still have this guide which was issued only once but was well done with a humorous and very personal tone.

I met the author "Damon Hammer" (not surprisingly not his real name) in London. Quite a few of the comments on bars in Bangkok and Pattaya are mine. But it took two years to appear so was already out of date when it came out.