PDA

View Full Version : The Senator Craig Bathroom Tapes ...

Smiles
August 31st, 2007, 07:18
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08 ... ig.arrest/ (http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/30/craig.arrest/)

I sure wish H.L. Mencken was still alive to hear this stuff.
Hear Senator Craig on reaching into the next stall for .... um, toilet paper :cheers:

Cheers ...

Dboy
August 31st, 2007, 16:24
Thanks for posting this. I thought it was very clever for the cop to repeat "embarassing, embarassing" over and over again to reinforce that in Craigs mind, to lead him to a guilty plea. Cops are devious fuckers. Keith Olbermann showed a re-enactment that was created using the police report..available online: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/au ... ermann.htm (http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2007/300807Olbermann.htm)

Why is it ok to go looking for sex in bars but not in restrooms? Just asking.

Dboy

Aunty
August 31st, 2007, 17:43
Well I've just seen Senator Craig release a public announcement of apology to the American people, on the David Letterman show. Watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j213ZJxPeMs

Smiles
August 31st, 2007, 19:41
You know, all of America is having a lot of fun with this bizarre twisty story (including threads like this one). Now all sorts of satirical spoofs and skits will start popping up on YouTube etc etc etc. The Gay Police start showing up as talking heads n TV wailing over geriatric closet cases and looking Very Serious about hypocritical right wing gay dudes.

I really hope that Mr Craig does not commit suicide over this outpoaring of ridicule. Nothing to do with the act or embarrasing situation itself, or the guilty plea, or the hokey news conference. But this niagara falls of laughter might . . . (well, I just hope not).

Cheers ...

Wesley
August 31st, 2007, 20:10
I agree, based on his voting record he was about as Anti-Gay as they come. and if the news is right he is expected to resign today. I think, the sooner the better, he is a hypocrite if I have ever seen one.

Wesley

Dboy
September 1st, 2007, 04:46
I agree, based on his voting record he was about as Anti-Gay as they come. and if the news is right he is expected to resign today. I think, the sooner the better, he is a hypocrite if I have ever seen one.

Wesley

This is what happens when you make a deal with the devil (the religious right). I imagine that most Republicans have no problem with gay people or gay life but the religious extremists require it. The best solution is to start dealing honestly (for once) and stop pandering to the christians. I'm afraid that in the short-term at least, this will make the republicans more closeted than ever, especially the older generation.

Dboy

September 1st, 2007, 13:32
Senator Craig is quitting up his seat on Sept. 30, 2007.

While fightig against homosexuality and gay rights, since 1980 his frequent vists on certain public toilets in Washington D.C. where well known. Probably he was just personally undertaking field studies ....

mj_87-old
September 1st, 2007, 23:25
I went to college in a small Washington State town on the Idaho State Border. There were rumors around back in the mid 80's about Congressman Craig's (now Sen. Craig) sexual preferences.

I sort of feel sorry for the guy. If he is gay (I presume he is gay), then I suspect he has been struggling for a long time with a homosexual identity. If that identity is in conflict with other identities or values there is the potential for serious emotional conflict.

He is still a hypocrite but I suspect a very emotionally conflicted one.

I think it is sad that the guy gets run out of the US Senate for cruising a bathroom and many of his fellow Senators have done much worse and not been forced out of office. An example of a double standard I suspect. Or as Edwin Edwards the ex governor of Louisiana once said, The only way I could not be reelected is to be found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

September 1st, 2007, 23:31
DELETED

Wesley
September 2nd, 2007, 00:05
It's not being gay (or bi), or cruising toilets that did him in.

What did him in is that he was one of the most rabid anti-gay voters in the Senate. He deserves to die alone and shunned.

He just resigned here about 12:30 eastern time, effective September 30. It was with hoops and yells from his former constituents, I assume it was Democrats or Gays that were ready to see him go. People were holding signs that read he is not gay he is a pervert. So the gay community was definitely out there to see him go.

Wesley

mj_87-old
September 2nd, 2007, 00:32
He just resigned here about 12:30 eastern time, effective September 30. It was with hoops and yells from his former constituents, I assume it was Democrats or Gays that were ready to see him go. People were holding signs that read he is not gay he is a pervert. So the gay community was definitely out there to see him go.

Wesley
-------------------------------------------------------

Wesley - I am gay and I wish he had stayed and I know a number of gay men and women who share my views. I suspect that if he had stayed the US might have had a more prolonged and mature discussion about homosexuality, and Sen Craig might have even come out of the closet... becoming the 1st US senator to publicly admit to being gay.

I suspect that is was the Republican party and the religous conservatives who wanted him to resign. The republicans because he was seen as another embarrassment to the republican part. I would think the religous conservatives (lunatic fringe) wanted him to resign because they see him as having betrayed their trust.

That is just my opintion...

As an aside one of my current US Senators (A Democrat) is rumored to be gay. It seems to be commonly assumed that he is and people don't seem to have a problem with it.

September 2nd, 2007, 00:58

Wesley
-------------------------------------------------------

Wesley - I am gay and I wish he had stayed and I know a number of gay men and women who share my views. I suspect that if he had stayed the US might have had a more prolonged and mature discussion about homosexuality, and Sen Craig might have even come out of the closet... becoming the 1st US senator to publicly admit to being gay.

I suspect that is was the Republican party and the religous conservatives who wanted him to resign. The republicans because he was seen as another embarrassment to the republican part. I would think the religous conservatives (lunatic fringe) wanted him to resign because they see him as having betrayed their trust.

That is just my opintion...

As an aside one of my current US Senators (A Democrat) is rumored to be gay. It seems to be commonly assumed that he is and people don't seem to have a problem with it.

.. no Christian religion.

Yin and Yang does have a different approach which I prefer.

Hypocrites need to be nailed to wall. There are poisoning any society.

Wesley
September 2nd, 2007, 01:28
There has been open debate on Homosexuality since 1970, it actually was popular just before the AIDS epidemic hit America. I remember well when gay was not such a bad thing. That changed shortly after the epidemic hit almost every avenue of American life. The gays were blamed for it by the religious right and we became the bad guys. Unfortunately, the prevailing thought has not changed although, I see more tolerance for it now than I did 10 years ago. agree there needs to be debate but, if you think debate is going to change the mind of the religious right you just as well forget it. Sodomy is a sin and the Apostle Paul reinforced that notion in the new testament. To try to get Bible believers to reject the word as inspired by God and infallible is going to be a tough trick. The only hope is that there will be a religious falling away in the years to come as people become more enlightened. I felt so good in Thailand when I am there that I almost hate to leave and come back to this attitude here in America and in the Islamic state in which I work.

Islam is even more anti gay than Christianity and you could actually loose your head if you come out in the extreme Islamic communities. So its not just Christians but, if you are waiting for the bible toting evangelicals to change their mind you just as well forget it.

Wesley

Dboy
September 2nd, 2007, 06:47
its not just Christians but, if you are waiting for the bible toting evangelicals to change their mind you just as well forget it.Wesley

how can you expect them to evolve if they don't believe in evolution?

Dboy