PDA

View Full Version : La Residence hotel in Bangkok

Davey612
February 13th, 2006, 10:55
I did a search and could not find anything on this hotel.

Anyone care to share their experience? I checked the map. Although it is in Surawong St., I think it is quite far from the Soi Twilight area, right?

Thanks

Up2U
February 13th, 2006, 11:39
Used to stay there about 5 or 6 years ago until I learned about the Tarntawan. Small, cozy hotel, friendly staff and each room is decorated differently. Rates are now a little cheaper than the Tarntawan but their breakfast (included) was a major disappointment. It's a 10-15 minute walk to Soi Twilight. I found myself arriving at the bars drenched in sweat so you might want to take a cab. If you're going to the spend a lot of time on Soi Twilight or the bars around the Tawan I would still recommend Tarntawan.

February 13th, 2006, 11:43
www.laresidencebangkok.com/about.htm (http://www.laresidencebangkok.com/about.htm)

LMTY speaks well of this place especially the suites. It is reputed to have a good restaurant on the ground floor which is not part of the hotel.

Davey612
February 13th, 2006, 12:32
Up2u, wowpow, thanks for your replies.

Dodger
February 13th, 2006, 17:37
Davey,

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.laresidencebangkok.com/

I normally stay at La Residence during my last few nights of holiday when in BKK and prefer it to Tarntewan. It's just a 10-12 minute stroll down to Soi Twilight and there's several of my favorite eateries along the way.

The suites are very large and well appointed, and I find the atmosphere less hectic than the Tarntewan, although I prefer Tarntewan's restaurant over La Residence...faster service.

The staff at LaR, although few in number, are very friendly and outgoing...much more personalized than Tarntewan due to fewer guests.

February 13th, 2006, 17:44
La R├йsidence 173/8-9 Suriwongse Road(corner of Soi Anumanraj
Yes if ever I'm in Bangkok I take there Suite No 5, 2400 p.n fantastic value it has everything you need, including CD player, now the Dusit Thani is charging 1000 baht per night joiners fee.

There is a joiners fee at La Residence 400 baht, but this Gay Lesbian owned and run Hotel, is so nice and friendly with instant check in and nice restaurant, its nothing considering you have equivalent to 3 normal rooms in the suite, and can check in a boy for free, if you say he is staying in your room with you, I also like the fact you have a sofa bed in the lounge, I have my house Boy stay there, and lots of room for me and my joiner in the bedroom, all very cozy and only a short walk to all the bars in and off Suriwongse Road

A Gay-Lesbian Hotel charging Joiners fees - words fail me

Dodger
February 13th, 2006, 18:11
Wowpow,

You and I have apparently shared the same suite (and bed). I hope they fixed that shower head by the time you arrived, as Boy Special nearly pulled it from the wall one night during a little shower fun...LOL.

I've never been charged a joiners fee though???