View Full Version : On Pedo watch at Googies

Wazza
August 28th, 2007, 13:45
While having my usual breakfast at Googies this morning, the normal collection of farang gentlemen somewhat rotund seated at separate tables, yes it could of been a Blackpool B&B but no. A farang arrived and was sat at a street side table to be joined shortly after by a child (boy) of not more than 12yrs old the boy had wet hair. This what I was presented with, from these few impressions is one mean't to draw a conclusion that something improper is happening and voice your opinion, or grant some presumption of innocence, and by doing so give some tacit approval if this is not the case. This is the dilemma do you speak out at the risk of being wrong or as I did called for the bill and left. It still gnaws at me now hence this posting its the looking away its not happening syndrome.

Marsilius
August 28th, 2007, 14:47
Based on what you say, it seems to me that you over-reacted even just by leaving in a huff.

You do not report seeing any inappropriate behaviour. And don't forget that lots of ex-pats are married to Thai women who may well have kids from previous relationships: this might have been such a case - or one of many more possible and entirely innocent scenarios.

jolyjacktar
August 28th, 2007, 14:47
There are a lot of Ferangs married to Thai ladys who have kids, either ther own or taken on when they marry. So it could be perfectly inocent.

August 28th, 2007, 15:13
I see farangs with young Thai boys all over Pattaya, particularly at shopping centers like Carrefour. It is criminal to presume they are all pedos, when all they are being is loving parents. I truly feel sorry for these fathers and sons who deal with this ignorance on a daily basis. What ever happened to presumption of innocence? Now, if you see them deep French kissing, well that is another matter entirely.

And what do you expect Googies which is a restaurant open to everybody to do? Sorry, we won't serve you because some hysterical people will think we are catering to pedos?

August 28th, 2007, 16:12
I would suggest Wazza, that firstly, you should attempt to improve your command of the written English language before you write libelous statements (either suggested or direct.)
I know many men who have honest, down to earth, non-sexual or otherwise relationships with children of both sexes. They are friends of the childs Mother and would be devastated at the thought of someone considering them to be 'doing the wrong thing!'
I would however agree that such abominable things happen, and should be stamped out mercilessly!
I understand your concern for this child and would myself be suspicious but not judgemental given the right body language.

August 28th, 2007, 16:20
I understand your concern for this child and would myself be suspicious but not judgemental given the right body language.
So Daddy shows his son some physical affection and you call the police?
This is hysteria. Its bad enough in the US, don't spread this madness to Thailand.

This kind of hysteria really is culturally based and it is very sad.
I was shocked and amazed at what I saw in Argentina. At public parks lone adults, stranger men and women freely approached young children and played with them, showed them physical affection. Both the children and the parents were delighted.
In the US, such nice strangers would be subject to police action or even violence.

tony279760-old
August 28th, 2007, 17:00
A 12-year-old boy, with wet hair, sits in a restaurant with a Farang. So what? With absolutely no evidence whatsoever you create a whole sordid scenario that, by the way, seriously libels the Farang involved. With a twisted mind like yours Wazza I would seriously consider a career in tabloid journalism.

August 28th, 2007, 17:02
To whom are your statements directed???????????????
You have quoted me and then it would appear that you agree with me, please clarify your statement!
I see no fault with adults being kind and endearing to children in a public place. I do; however see what you are talking about with the ultra-paranoid USA.
They've never been the same since they lost the war in Viet Nam.

Wesley
August 28th, 2007, 17:22
I would suggest Wazza, that firstly, you should attempt to improve your command of the written English language before you write libelous statements (either suggested or direct.)

Pray tell what is a Wazz,

Wesley

August 28th, 2007, 17:47
I think I might have been eating breakfast with my Thai friend at the same time. I saw one man eating at the front by himself. I later saw a frang arrive and a little bit later a Thai with a colorful shirt and wet hair (like he had just got out of a shower). I saw NOTHING wrong. The Thai did not look under legal age and if he was SO WHAT!!!! The farang I saw sitting by himself looked very lonely sort of like ...a.....well.....like he took it up the Wazzu. I noticed he did not leave right away after the wet haired Thai arrived....he had a free refill of Goggies coffee then paid his bill.

Every time I see the word bill now I think of Bad Boy Billy...........I have to get checked.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 28th, 2007, 17:52
and preferably leaving the check behind.

You do have to be careful of making assumptions though. I was on a baht bus about a year ago and a tall well built Russian gent was cuddling a young Thai lad..some Aussies ( w840 afp ?) made some remarks about "pedo poofter" or similar..and the Russian decked one with a quick punch. He got off the bus later with his Thai wife and young son.

I've seen this before and with much older farangs and their Thai wives.

Of course what you were thinking could have been correct. :dontknow:

August 28th, 2007, 17:55

Wazz is variously defined in several publications as:

To wazz - masturbate, have intercourse with a woman, urinate, have a fit of temper. (ergo Wazzer is someone participating in such acts).

Wazza - an abbreviation of wazzock - a fool, idiot or stupid person.

Wazzer is also a slang nickname for someone named Warwick or, funnily enough, Wesley !

August 28th, 2007, 19:43
a whole sordid scenario that, by the way, seriously libels the Farang involvedReally? How was an anonymous person libeled in this Forum?

bkkguy
August 28th, 2007, 20:33
personally I like walking off in a huff

I'm a bit slow these days but I can usually manage to leave in a minute and a huff

bkkguy

Wesley
August 28th, 2007, 21:45

Wazzer is also a slang nickname for someone named Warwick or, funnily enough, Wesley !

I assumed it was something like a slang word and would not goggle, of course it was 5 Am here and I was due for a CT scan in few minutes. I didn't want to do a search. I hope Wazz is and an endearing word as I have been called that several times of late on this board.

Wazz

thrillbill
August 28th, 2007, 22:35
Yes, I guess we can make the wrong assumptions at times. A friend of mine, a British woman, is married to a Thai man and they have a couple lovely children that are now college age. My female friend was telling me that she will get stares from people in downtown Pattaya at times because, (she is assuming), people are thinking that she is with a "money boy" and don't realize that it is HER son! One time a stranger made a smart arse comment to her and she politely smiled and pulled out his baby picture showing both parents and the son...it shut the #ss hole up.

bao-bao
August 28th, 2007, 23:50
"Just taking the little tyke out for breakfast on your beach holiday, are you? How conveeeenient!"

Blanket condemnations and knee-jerk reactions are dangerous at almost every level. An unfortunate percentage of middle-aged male solo tourists aren't flocking to Pattaya for the food, for Christ's sake, but not everyone who wanders through the areas where unsavory things happen is a pedophile, either. I'd even venture that someone who is sitting having a drink in the area may well be 100% innocent of any wrongdoing, but I personally wouldn't want to be seen spending much time there, just because of the suspicion and dark "knowing" looks from the high and mighty.

A man having breakfast with a child appearing to be of a different race (wet hair or not) wouldn't look at all inappropriate in most tourist areas of the world. However, if they were dining next door to a bar you knew was regularly busted for selling children I can see how a person might look a second time and wonder. I would be suspicious myself if the child was sitting there with their head hanging down, eyes red from crying, showing some signs of abuse of some sort, but still... one has to be careful.

Nevertheless, with no direct indication that abuse had taken place - especially in this era of heightened paranoia and religious/moral reactionary fervor - I personally don't think it's wise to paint someone with a suspicion or accusation that would stay with them for life, as something like this undoubtedly would.

Profiling is a dangerous thing. Look back over history and see how much misery it's caused already.

August 29th, 2007, 01:33
Wazza is a nut case. Forget him!
I'm going to be on Wazza watch at Googies!

Shuee
August 29th, 2007, 01:47
i smell troll here. why do you read a book by its cover, without looking further into the situation, post something will some real debate please

August 29th, 2007, 07:20
I find it interesting that Wazza brings all of his whole garbage truck full of American/Western baggage to Thailand that assumes that anyone who is nice to, touches, or smiles at a young person is a pedo. And I find it even more interesting that so many posters here get so wound up when a troll baits a pedo trap here on the board.

This little bit of craziness is most surely not a part of Thai culture. On several occasions Thai people have ask my BF and me to watch there kids while they tend to some business or use the restroom. In Thailand kids are often talked to or touched by complete strangers as a simple act of kindness, and no one thinks twice about it. One of our Thai friends came to America and we had to keep reminding him not to talk to, touch, or play with the kids. He thought we were nuts and could not understand what our concern was.

tony279760-old
August 29th, 2007, 13:12
a whole sordid scenario that, by the way, seriously libels the Farang involvedReally? How was an anonymous person libeled in this Forum?

Without naming him, the details in the original post indentify the man involved. How many Farangs were in the restaurant that morning with wet-haired boys? Therefore he is not anonymous. If the allegations made against him are untrue, he has been libeled.

August 29th, 2007, 14:18
DELETED

August 29th, 2007, 14:34
DELETED

August 29th, 2007, 15:43
What kind of father would take their son for breakfast in a known pedo hangout? That fact alone is surely enough to lynch him on the spot.
You mean Pattaya?
Many farangs live in Pattaya with their Thai wives.
Googies is just an eatery serving UK food. It is not a pedo hangout.

August 29th, 2007, 15:47
I hope Wazz is and an endearing word as I have been called that several times of late on this board.
Wazz

Nothing came up? Well here is wet haired Wazz just for you, not short for anything, and very endearing. Irish X Iranian, 17yrs of age, very good breeding, though might need some discipline on occasion of an incredible and incurable playful nature.

Is Googie a well known pedo cafe? If not I think this is a jolly fucking shit thing to say on a public forum.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1069/1264561811_3b89a9969f.jpg

August 29th, 2007, 15:52
DELETED

August 29th, 2007, 15:59
Oh really Boy genius, what have you done to your mouth?

August 29th, 2007, 16:04
DELETED

August 29th, 2007, 16:05

Why do you think I'm Boy genius?

Something in the way you smile?

August 29th, 2007, 16:20
Without naming him, the details in the original post indentify the man involved. How many Farangs were in the restaurant that morning with wet-haired boys? Therefore he is not anonymous. If the allegations made against him are untrue, he has been libeled.I think your chances of that standing up in court are a whole number between (but not including) -1 and 1. He's only identifiable to the other people present at the time, unless he cares to stand up in front of everyone and say "I am that man". Some people in this Forum really do get precious about legalities, which is interesting given that many (most) of us here have broken the law at one time or another simply by having sex with another male

August 29th, 2007, 16:32
{deleted out of respect for the recently departed}

Aunty
August 29th, 2007, 16:35

Why do you think I'm Boy genius?

Something in the way you smile?

Hahahahahaha. oh that's very amusing. Nice pic Cedric! (Since's there's no wink I'll give you a yaya!) :yaya:

August 29th, 2007, 20:11
YES....for God's sake close this thread.....wazza can stick it up his wazza......the paranoid, eclisiastcal wanker he is! Fuck him AND this thread off!

August 29th, 2007, 23:46
YES....for God's sake close this thread.....wazza can stick it up his wazza......the paranoid, eclisiastcal wanker he is! Fuck him AND this thread off!Yes Smiles, you're right - he is an Australian

August 30th, 2007, 00:05
I am interested that some idiot thinks that Googies is close enough to Sunee to be labelled a pedo hang out. Does this mean that everything else within a half mile of Sunee can be described like that as well? Its wild generalisations like this that cause the feeding frenzy whenever threads like this come up.