PDA

View Full Version : First peanut butter, now oral sex, oh no!

August 28th, 2007, 09:29
Oral sex is not safe sex according to the Washington Post. Another reason to cover up for oral sex?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... sec-health (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/27/AR2007082700883.html?hpid=sec-health)

Oral Sex Implicated in Some Throat and Neck Cancers

By Serena Gordon
HealthDay Reporter
Monday, August 27, 2007; 12:00 AM

MONDAY, Aug. 27 (HealthDay News) -- Human papillomavirus (HPV), which is believed to be responsible for most cervical cancers, may also be at the root of many cancers of the mouth and throat, new research suggests.

Although the rate of most head and neck cancers has been declining over the past 30 years because more people have stopped smoking, the rate of certain cancers in the throat and mouth hasn't dropped, according to research published in the Aug. 27 online issue ofCancer.

"Smoking prevalence has dropped dramatically, and, likewise, most head and neck cancers have declined in incidence. Cancers at the base of the tongue and tonsil are increasing or have remained stagnant. We're not seeing the reduction in incidence that we would have expected," said study author Dr. Erich Sturgis, an associate professor of head and neck surgery and epidemiology at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston.

The study authors suspect the reason may be orally transmitted HPV infections.

"Just as cervical cancer is the outcome of a sexually transmitted disease, as are most anal and penile cancers, people need to be aware that they can get throat or tongue cancer as the consequence of a sexually transmitted disease," said Sturgis. "Oral sex can't be considered safe sex."

August 28th, 2007, 10:55
It could also be aflatoxin from unroasted raw peanuts used as drinks nibbles, which is a carcinogenic and or immediately lethal if consumed.

Aunty
August 28th, 2007, 13:32
It could also be aflatoxin from unroasted raw peanuts used as drinks nibbles, which is a carcinogenic and or immediately lethal if consumed.

Which is why, Cedric, I refuse to eat peanuts grown in China, or throughout most of Asia, and have for many years. Given the safety issues that surround Chinese food and products that have finally seeped into the consciousness of the mostly pathetically unconscious, you can see why. Horrors of horrors, peanut butter made in New Zealand now is almost always made from Chinese grown peanuts! The dim, the dull, and the dullest have finally woken up to that fact and are no longer buying it, forcing manufacturers' to return to their previous suppliers in Australia.

The news that their has being no decline in the incidence of throat and mouth cancers and, that this is likely to be due to HPV infections is not news to me. For years I have being encouraging gay men to have regular anal 'pap' smears and also throat and tongue 'pap' smears. If they listen to me or not, I couldn't care less!

You're young Cedric, have you had yourself vaccinated against HPV yet?

dab69
August 28th, 2007, 22:20
there is a vaccine for HPV virus