View Full Version : Ugly boyfriends

August 26th, 2007, 22:07
From this week's Stickman - oh how true. "One of the curiosities of Isaan is that while you see many, many pretty, single women - and many of these women aren't shy in saying hello to Westerners, even if you're obviously a tourist in town for just a day or two, just why is it that the Western residents of these towns so often have ugly girlfriends or wives?" Sometimes I sit in Soi 4 bars and see some Westerner roll up with a boy he's obviously been spending some time with, and think "Where's the local optometrist?"

Wesley
August 27th, 2007, 01:22
Again it is obvious that beauty is relevant, this is proof.

Wesley

August 27th, 2007, 02:04
It would be hard to hold on to a really cute boyfriend here. Always looking over your shoulder for a higher bidder. Ugly face with cute body is safer. You can always turn him over ...

bing
August 27th, 2007, 03:28
It is understood that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ask a new father what his child looks like, and it would sound like a gem sent from on high. If you find a rolex, I think it would be a good idea to hang on to it, I sure would not want to pass it up for casio ( hmmm nothing wrong with casio, it is what I am wearing at the moment.) Take note, if you fine someone you like and he likes you, don't be in a hurry to pass him over for another of unknown personality or preferences.

Brad the Impala
August 27th, 2007, 03:55
And perhaps some of these farangs are able to aspire to seeing beyond the exterior to a good heart, after all, isn't that what most thais do to put up with fat balding old cunts!!

August 27th, 2007, 03:58
From this week's Stickman - oh how true. "One of the curiosities of Isaan is that while you see many, many pretty, single women - and many of these women aren't shy in saying hello to Westerners, even if you're obviously a tourist in town for just a day or two, just why is it that the Western residents of these towns so often have ugly girlfriends or wives?" Sometimes I sit in Soi 4 bars and see some Westerner roll up with a boy he's obviously been spending some time with, and think "Where's the local optometrist?"

Although he is talking about Issan, he could just as well be describing Pattaya when he writes:
In many places you even find bars run by Westerners for Westerners. Some are ok, but many are rather macabre, and sort of make me wonder if the undertaker is out back measuring everyone up for a coffin, so close are some punters to meeting their creator.

Brad the Impala
August 27th, 2007, 04:04

Although he is talking about Issan, he could just as well be describing Pattaya when he writes:
In many places you even find bars run by Westerners for Westerners. Some are ok, but many are rather macabre, and sort of make me wonder if the undertaker is out back measuring everyone up for a coffin, so close are some punters to meeting their creator.

And what a way to go! Where is your preferred meeting with your creator? In first class at 30,000 feet? Why is that better?

bucknaway
August 27th, 2007, 04:13
What about the Thai guys who have ugly non-thai boyfriends??? (Shivers)

Brad the Impala
August 27th, 2007, 04:24
It would be hard to hold on to a really cute boyfriend here. Always looking over your shoulder for a higher bidder. Ugly face with cute body is safer. You can always turn him over ...

I think that you are suffering from low self esteem.