PDA

View Full Version : Laser Eye Surgery in BKK

February 13th, 2006, 08:32
Hello,

I think this may have been asked before, but I cannot find the posting - apologies...

Can anyone recommend a reputable laser eye surgery in BKK? Indication of prices would be wonderful!

Oh, and if you know of a good dentist in Silom, that would be appreciated too!

Many thanks,
Spoonfed

Up2U
February 13th, 2006, 08:47
Check out Lasix at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. The cost savings for Lasix may not be that great when compared to your home country.

http://www.bumrungrad.com/htm/eng/main. ... elaser.asp (http://www.bumrungrad.com/htm/eng/main.asp?Filename=clinic/eyelaser.asp)

dab69
February 13th, 2006, 11:09
had a appointment two years ago, but they wanted me to stay in BKK for a week until followup.
unfortunately i wanted some jomtien and sun instead. maybe if i had explained i would only be two hours away...
remember you are trading glasses for reading glasses.

February 14th, 2006, 09:52
Hi,

thanks for the advice - I ended up going to TRSC on Rama IV who were very professional. In fact, they were so slick that they reminded me of some bad sci-fi movies where the evil corporation hides behind a mask of formica and smiles. However, after a load of tests they advised me that I would need further tests due to a family history of glaucoma.

I even found a freat dentist on Convent road - very efficient, friendly, clean and cheap.

Cheers,
spoonfed/

Smiles
February 14th, 2006, 10:09
Hi,
" ... In fact, they were so slick that they reminded me of some bad sci-fi movies where the evil corporation hides behind a mask of formica and smiles ... "
Even H*dd* has never accused me of such treachery :blackeye:
Though now that it has been advertised so blatantly, more conspiracies are bound to emerge. Thanks heaps!!!

Cheers ...

February 14th, 2006, 12:50
Is this correct ?..as lasik surgery is on my list as well.

I'm sure I know a lady who gave up her spectacles after surgery.

February 14th, 2006, 14:44
My partner had this done without consulting me. I was not at all pleased. I happened to prefer his earlier slittier looks.

We are talking about the cosmetic "de-orientalisation" rather than sight correction, aren't we?

Homage to Woody Allen

February 14th, 2006, 16:52
I and a number of friends have had it done at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok which was excellent.....Because I didn't want to use reading glasses I only had one eye done (this was advised by my Optician in UK) It sounds a bit half and half but the brain actually compensates. I now have a right eye for long distances and a left for reading which after 4 yrs is great......in fact the friends of mine that had both eyes done wish sometimes that they too had, had only one done as they are forever fumbling around for reading glasses.
Dr. Chate Kietrssunthorn in Bumrungrad who did my opp will discuss this with you. The good thing is you can always get the other eye done at a later date if you have a problem.
They like you to return the following day after for a check and if all is well then the next check is a week or two away so you would be able to sit on the beach...........Good luck but believe me I wish that I had had it done years ago.

lonelywombat
February 14th, 2006, 17:09
You have not said whether you have cataracts or not?

I have had lens replacement on both eyes as I do not have a cataract problem, yet

It was interesting that glare at sporting matches was the first clue that I had, and the loss of long vision.

Each year when I did my eye test it was unchanged, but I knew that things were getting worse.

The prescription did not change . I was referred to an eye surgeon specializng in lens replacement.

I had my bad eye done first as I was unsure and scared. After 8 weeks I booked in for the good eye.

I am as so glad I did.

Laser surgery is usually for cataracts. Is that your diagnosis.

My procedure-no pain, no inconvenience except I could not drive home.

Artificial lens cannot be more happier.

February 14th, 2006, 21:09
To normally correct short sightedness (mainly myopia) the minor operation done under local anesthetic is referred to as Lasik and not Laser.