PDA

View Full Version : Turning Point Host Club

August 25th, 2007, 18:56
Anyone been to the Turning Point in Sukhumvit Soi 23 lately?

Had a wonderful time with some hosts there last time I visited early this year. Update will be much appreciated.

August 25th, 2007, 21:12
Anyone been to the Turning Point in Sukhumvit Soi 23 lately?

Had a wonderful time with some hosts there last time I visited early this year. Update will be much appreciated.

This venue changed some nay times during the past years. But, back to the roots, it’s still one of the finest places in Bangkok. Definitely upscale. Not really popular with foreigners. Sometimes are expats around who are working or living nearby.

I used to be one of my most favourite hang outs for a long time.

August 26th, 2007, 22:02
Thank you for your info.

Any recommendation of upscale host club in Bangkok or Pattaya?

August 26th, 2007, 22:54
Are you fluet in Thai?

August 27th, 2007, 21:35
Are you fluet in Thai?
I am sure you have good reason for asking...............I speak only a few words to ensure no misunderstanding in bed :bom:

August 27th, 2007, 21:58
Anyone been to the Turning Point in Sukhumvit Soi 23 lately? Had a wonderful time with some hosts there last time I visited early this year. Update will be much appreciated.

Eh? Has it reverted to "Turning Point" again? I was there some 2 - 3 years ago, and by that time, it was no longer called "Turning Point". They seemed to cold-shoulder foreigners, and very little English was spoken. It's main target market were the rich Thais. I recall from an old thread in this forum that many others shared my observation.

August 28th, 2007, 02:38
Are you fluet in Thai?
I am sure you have good reason for asking...............I speak only a few words to ensure no misunderstanding in bed :bom:

There are some decent places in Bangkok which are nothing like the usual riff raff ├б la Patpong. Some are at Lang Suan, Lard Phrao, near Ari, on Sukhumvit, near Ram or Chathuchak. It's all pending on time, money and the right bunch of local friends.

But foreigners are not always welcome. If communication in Thai language is no problem, it might help a lot.

There are some very interesting clubs outside the typical tourist stips.

September 1st, 2007, 21:49
DELETED

September 1st, 2007, 22:43
It's a myth that the boys in places like Turning Point are any "higher class" than those in the Patpong fleshpots. I happened to be at Turning Point a few days ago. There was one table of farangs, and perhaps three or four of Thais. Several women. Horrible karaoke singing. Very low-pressure. No pressure, actually. The few boys that were on staff, maybe four of them, rotated around the place, stopping periodically at each table for a chat and topping up the glasses. I spoke to one at length. An eighth grade graduate, who helps his Aunty sell vegetables in a wet market for a few hours each morning. When I said I was American, he asked if "American" was anywhere near "America". He wasn't joking (this was all in Thai). He was charming in his own roguish way, though, and as the captain claimed he did "everything", I took him off for a few hours. "Everything" in this case meant he could only give a hand job.

Drinks are 150 baht, by the way, and off is 400 baht. Boys are completely dressed. Not worth going out of your way for, especially if you are expecting something mysterious, elusive, and of a "higher grade" than elsewhere. Same-same.

While not being familiar with places located outside beaten tourist tracks it’s usually better to stay away.

Avery venue does have its own pro and cons.

Turning point is a good place for Thai’s but you need to know what’s really going on. Just passing by as tourist is probably just waist of time.

September 2nd, 2007, 21:47
It's a myth that the boys in places like Turning Point are any "higher class" than those in the Patpong fleshpots. I happened to be at Turning Point a few days ago. There was one table of farangs, and perhaps three or four of Thais. Several women. Horrible karaoke singing. Very low-pressure. No pressure, actually. The few boys that were on staff, maybe four of them, rotated around the place, stopping periodically at each table for a chat and topping up the glasses. I spoke to one at length. An eighth grade graduate, who helps his Aunty sell vegetables in a wet market for a few hours each morning. When I said I was American, he asked if "American" was anywhere near "America". He wasn't joking (this was all in Thai). He was charming in his own roguish way, though, and as the captain claimed he did "everything", I took him off for a few hours. "Everything" in this case meant he could only give a hand job.

Drinks are 150 baht, by the way, and off is 400 baht. Boys are completely dressed. Not worth going out of your way for, especially if you are expecting something mysterious, elusive, and of a "higher grade" than elsewhere. Same-same.

While not being familiar with places located outside beaten tourist tracks itтАЩs usually better to stay away.

Avery venue does have its own pro and cons.

Turning point is a good place for ThaiтАЩs but you need to know whatтАЩs really going on. Just passing by as tourist is probably just waist of time.

I first visited the club in the late 1990s. The manager spoke very good English and the boys were the best quality according to my taste. My best experience in Bangkok was with a host from the club who spoke some English as he was a U student. With the features of a model, wild and sexy behind closed doors..............oh, we had a good time in the Rome Club...........heads turned when we walked along Patpong...........what an experience :bom:

But the management of the club changed over the years and at some time it was on the first floor which appeared to cater for locals only. I kept returning in the hope of surprises though I had numerous hugh disappointment during the recent years.

As to the price, they always collect 1000 bahts for the host going out in addition to various fees and off fee. I am surprised Daisy Cutter had not paid such price.

As the review is so bad, perhaps I will skip this one in my coming trip in Oct. Any recommendation for up scale club?