PDA

View Full Version : Apartments in Chiangmai

pronto
August 16th, 2007, 22:47
There is an excellent thread topic on the board about lower budget apartments in Bangkok. A lot of very good and useful information has been supplied by members. I am wondering if anyone has any similar recommendations for apartments in Chiangmai? Thanks.

atri1666
August 16th, 2007, 22:56
Have a look here. Would prefer to stay more there than in Gay-Lotus-Hotel and it is only some metres away.

http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com/index.htm

August 16th, 2007, 23:25
Viangbuamansion looks rather nice, Have you or any other board members stayed there?

pronto
August 16th, 2007, 23:56
I have not stayed in Viangbua, but I did stop by and take a look at it during my last Chiangmai visit. Very nice. However, I was wondering about lower budget long-term apartments in Chiangmai, similar to those mentioned in the Bangkok apartment thread.

Wesley
August 17th, 2007, 00:24
I have taken a good look at houses in Chaing Mai and the price is reasonable for a decent home where you can really call home. Its Cooler there so I think I would like to retreat to a place there and fly to Pattaya when I really want to play life is much slower and relaxed there. I could make it a real home and the university kids are just the deal.

Wesley :cheers:

llz
August 17th, 2007, 00:40
For Bangkok and other places in Thailand (including Chiang Mai), and also a lot of useful information, look at this site : www.mrroomfinder.com/ (http://www.mrroomfinder.com/)

August 17th, 2007, 03:42
I have not stayed in Viangbua, but I did stop by and take a look at it during my last Chiangmai visit. Very nice. However, I was wondering about lower budget long-term apartments in Chiangmai, similar to those mentioned in the Bangkok apartment thread.

It might be a good idea having a word with Arthur, the owner of House of Mail sauna. He is usually around around 18 hrs or so; just tell the cashies you would like to meet him. Arthur is a very nice chap and perfectly well connected in Chiang Mai.

House of Male is a wonderful place. Very relaxing. Not big but just enough for Chiang Mai. Staff is friendly.

Sauna is very busy Tue & Thu (buddy days) with all the young, horny studetets and soldiers etc. around. Food is good (delivered from outside) and drinks are very affordable.

More details: www.houseofmale.com (http://www.houseofmale.com)

billyhouston
August 17th, 2007, 04:51
Spent a week at Viangbua about 18 months ago. It's some way out of the city but there are service cars. The rooms are clean and quite large but rather basic. The public areas (corridors) were slightly noisy and, once again, basic. Breakfast was adequate but nothing more. I found their wireless internet useful but its range did not extend to my apartment which was in the North East corner of the building. Needed an extra elevator or two really. Price was reasonable especially on a monthly basis. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Much prefer PJ's Place to be honest. :thumbleft: