PDA

View Full Version : Thai Court to hear Thaksin case - and now 2nd warrant arrest

August 14th, 2007, 06:27
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 945214.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6945214.stm)

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 14th, 2007, 08:23
..who flew out with 80 Louis Vuiton trunks packed with cash--ever returning to face a Thai court are as likely as my frequent trips to Bumrungrad turning me into a Brad Pitt look-a-like. :smurfin:

August 14th, 2007, 10:38
..who flew out with 80 Louis Vuiton trunks packed with cash--ever returning to face a Thai court are as likely as my frequent trips to Bumrungrad turning me into a Brad Pitt look-a-like. :smurfin:

Lunchtime,

I find the first sentence of the above difficult to believe, the second , well OK!

August 14th, 2007, 15:58
It is a fact that the quality of the scanners delivered, rather than ordered, for the airport is such that they would make even you look like Brad Pitt.

More seriously, I am the hapless "victim" of a continuing boom in the London property market which has the effect of excluding the indigenous population from getting on the housing ladder. Whilst it is very nice for me, I do wonder to what extent the "value" in my home is being dragged up by the ill-gotten gains of foreign "refugees".

I wonder if it isn't time that we adopted the kind of rules they have in Switzerland where the housing for foreign residents is completely separated from the local market.

August 14th, 2007, 17:27
... has been issued, as he failed to turn up for court.

Aunty
August 14th, 2007, 19:23

But darling how many times do I have to tell you. If you really want to look like Brad Pitt it's your face they have to work on and not your ass! :geek:

August 14th, 2007, 23:22
Dahling, I thought it was Angelina you wanted to look like!

August 16th, 2007, 16:00
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6945214.stm

A number of you asking questions about Mr.Thaksin may like to read the lead article on andrew-drummond.com You may find it slightly enlightening as to some of the extra judicial killings and questions people are asking.

Also, some of the pressure Manchester City is now receiving regards Mr. Thaksin.

August 16th, 2007, 16:07
DELETED

August 16th, 2007, 16:22
Kevin,

You have a "history" with Mr. Drummond, correct?

Not really.

He reported my case, in his capacity as a journalist, as he covers SE Asia. I did not know him prior to that.

I have no "history"with Mr.Thaksin.

Wesley
August 16th, 2007, 16:48
He reported my case, in his capacity as a journalist, as he covers SE Asia. I did not know him prior to that.

can you comment further on your famous VIP status. I do not believe I know you. your avatar I know well as taken from a review from a drunken sailor

August 16th, 2007, 16:54

can you comment further on your famous VIP status. I do not believe I know you. your avatar I know well as taken from a review from a drunken sailor

Dear Wesley,

What VIP status???

Wesley
August 16th, 2007, 17:03
Dear Wesley,

What VIP status???[/quote]

I would automatically think someone who is known by a journalist that covers all of SE Asia must be famous and a VIP. I cannot but read your script for an odd opportunity to look at your avatar. I fell hopelessly in love with him watching the movie Titanic.

August 16th, 2007, 17:15
Dear Wesley,

What VIP status???

I would automatically think someone who is known by a journalist that covers all of SE Asia must be famous and a VIP. I cannot but read your script for an odd opportunity to look at your avatar. I fell hopelessly in love with him watching the movie Titanic.[/quote]

Dear Wes,

You should have seen Basketball Diaries!

I've got the lot. Followed his movies for years as he is my favourite actor, even before he hit his present superstardom.

Me famous NO, Once upon a time regarded as possible infamous,though that has died down now.

VIP. Never.My only claim to fame was I once went on the piss with Ollie Reid in Monte Carlo!!

August 16th, 2007, 18:24
Thailand could apply for extradition of Thaksin from the UK. The UK and Thailand do have some form of treaty, and you can bet your bottom dollar, if Thaksin doesn't turn up, they will apply for it. Wonder how the UK will handle that!

August 16th, 2007, 18:32
Thailand could apply for extradition of Thaksin from the UK. The UK and Thailand do have some form of treaty, and you can bet your bottom dollar, if Thaksin doesn't turn up, they will apply for it. Wonder how the UK will handle that!

Whitedesire,

Do you think so??

I think they may be quite happy to keep the Status Quo for the time being.

Mr. Thaksin still enjoys massive support in Thailand, and could be very dangerous opposition, if he were in the Country.

Also, extradition from the UK is a very long drawn out process, with a number appeals he may not get a fair trial etc etc

General Sonthi saying he cannot guarantee safety, this could be viewed as a "veiled threat" etc etc

This process, I believe, could be very long and drawn out, to say the least.

August 16th, 2007, 18:41
DELETED

Wesley
August 16th, 2007, 18:56
Dear Wesley,

What VIP status???

I would automatically think someone who is known by a journalist that covers all of SE Asia must be famous and a VIP. I cannot but read your script for an odd opportunity to look at your avatar. I fell hopelessly in love with him watching the movie Titanic.

Dear Wes,

You should have seen Basketball Diaries!

I've got the lot. Followed his movies for years as he is my favorite actor, even before he hit his present superstardom.

!![/quote]

He really is my favorite too, he is beginning to look his age now days, but there was a time no one could match him short dick or not he was not afraid to show it.

he beats the hell out of Risky Business Cruise. The beach was good and I always wondered if he ever wandered into a boy bar or two while filming there.

August 16th, 2007, 21:22
KQUILL, itts an option, but long and drawn out and I agree with you, fair trial and all that. Time will tell.

August 17th, 2007, 01:00
Do people actually give a fuck about Thaksin????? I thought all would be glad just to get rid of him?

August 17th, 2007, 02:08
Do people actually give a fuck about Thaksin????? I thought all would be glad just to get rid of him?

aussieal,

The people care. The military are glad to see the back of him, now they can decide who is going to be General,Admiral and King of the Cops etc.

Can't have civilians in elected governments deciding important issues like those,can we??

September 3rd, 2007, 18:15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 975609.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6975609.stm)

September 4th, 2007, 02:29
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6975609.stm

Whitedesire,

You can see by the last paragraph, this pointing to the fact that he says he feels his life will be in danger,[ words stated by Mr.Thaksin in the article]

Extradition from the UK?? NOT A CHANCE!

Wesley
September 4th, 2007, 03:44
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6975609.stm

Whitedesire,

You can see by the last paragraph, this pointing to the fact that he says he feels his life will be in danger,[ words stated by Mr.Thaksin in the article]

Extradition from the UK?? NOT A CHANCE!

You are right Not a chance, let him take a trip outside and see if they can get their hands on him. You never know when you travel what the laws are there. I am sure as you he would never get a real trial and I don't think the Thai Military are in any hurry to see him back on Thai soil.
Wesley

September 7th, 2007, 05:44
... wants to go back to Thailand. In the BBC report it also said:

"His lawyer Noppadol Pattama told the BBC recently that Mr Thaksin feared his life would be in danger if he returned to Thailand.

"He would consider going back after the next Thailand election and with the return of full democracy," Mr Pattama said. "

Once an election has taken place, if Thaksin doesn't go back on his own accord, if the UK and Thailand have extradition treaties, Thailand will apply for one.

September 7th, 2007, 09:20

"His lawyer Noppadol Pattama told the BBC recently that Mr Thaksin feared his life would be in danger if he returned to Thailand.

"He would consider going back after the next Thailand election and with the return of full democracy," Mr Pattama said. "

Once an election has taken place, if Thaksin doesn't go back on his own accord, if the UK and Thailand have extradition treaties, Thailand will apply for one.

Oh yes,

He'll be back back, [ When he's good and ready] He's got more frozen assets than Bernard Mathews turkey farm

September 7th, 2007, 09:31
I would place good money on him NEVER being extradited.

September 7th, 2007, 10:18
I would place good money on him NEVER being extradited.

Oogleman,

I would not take the bet, because you're right, you've got more chance of Manchester City winning the league, it ain't going to happen!

September 8th, 2007, 04:43
have applied for a second warrant?

What does one think the thinking is behind that?

I think Thaksin is itching to get back to Thailand, when the time is right of course.

September 8th, 2007, 07:56
have applied for a second warrant?

What does one think the thinking is behind that?

I think Thaksin is itching to get back to Thailand, when the time is right of course.

Whitedesire,

So they can ride all the horses.

If one does not come in, they can rely on the others,if they put money on enough horses, one has got to win.

Furthermore, this type of nonsense can give a defendant a "busy time" for years!

Hmmm
September 8th, 2007, 11:09

Not if his new TRT proxy party is back in power after the elections, which is looking like a distinct possibility.

If Manchester City signs any of the three Thais they're considering, he'll probably be a national hero (again). But of course he doesn't interfere in football matters.

September 8th, 2007, 12:25

Not if his new TRT proxy party is back in power after the elections, which is looking like a distinct possibility.

If Manchester City signs any of the three Thais they're considering, he'll probably be a national hero (again). But of course he doesn't interfere in football matters.

Gentlmen,

I would love to know your objections to a man that uses his brain to its capacity!

September 8th, 2007, 15:23
( Gentlemen,

I would love to know your objections to a man that uses his brain to its capacity! )

My objection Mr. Kquill, whether or not this man actually pulled the trigger he was in control of government and instigated the unlawful killing of thousands of Thai's, many of them young kids and old ladies. Whatever he is charged with at least it is something. The argument is not about the many other crimes committed in Thailand (by corrupt officials) and the rest of the world's men of power, it's about trying to bring one to task for them. As Andrew Drummond has said, Thaksin will probably come unstuck in the end through his own greed.
I would have thought that you having wrongly been accused of an offence would stand up strongly for the idea that all citizens deserve a trial or hearing otherwise maybe if you had been Thai you might not have been around to prove your innocence, which I am very pleased you did.........

September 8th, 2007, 15:31
( Gentlemen,

I would love to know your objections to a man that uses his brain to its capacity! )

My objection Mr. Kquill, whether or not this man actually pulled the trigger he was in control of government and instigated the unlawful killing of thousands of Thai's, many of them young kids and old ladies. Whatever he is charged with at least it is something. The argument is not about the many other crimes committed in Thailand (by corrupt officials) and the rest of the world's men of power, it's about trying to bring one to task for them. As Andrew Drummond has said, Thaksin will probably come unstuck in the end through his own greed.
I would have thought that you having wrongly been accused of an offence would stand up strongly for the idea that all citizens deserve a trial or hearing otherwise maybe if you had been Thai you might not have been around to prove your innocence, which I am very pleased you did.........

Sanook,

On this occasion, even though my comment was meant to be sarcastic, if any misunderstanding, I apologize!

Sometimes, what I class as a throwaway comment can be misinterpreted, again Sorry.

By the way, Mr. Andrew Drummonds' wife had a baby girl in the early hours of today, I wish all three of them the best!

Kevin.

September 8th, 2007, 17:04
Thanks Kevin I thought you meant well...I have had a mail from Andrew.......Good luck with your hotel dream