PDA

View Full Version : Apartment - Rental

February 13th, 2006, 00:45
I will be staying in Pattaya, for 1 month in April, can someone please give me some guidance in renting a apartment. I believe there is some apartments for rental, just pass Bruno's restaurant on the same side of the road, on the way to the beach, just before Pan Pan restaurant. I do not know the name of the apartments ( High rise many floors ) or any contacts to make a booking. I once visited the apartment in question briefly about 3 years ago. I was very impressed. Large lounge, with TV and DVD, small kitchen, which was at the entrance of the apartment, bathroom and if i am remember correctly 2 bedrooms. I would be grateful for any assistance or if someone can give me a contact name or names of apartments that would be suitable. I would perfer to stay in the Jomtien area. Many thanks in advance.

February 13th, 2006, 04:19
Phone: 01 586 3941 stefanpattaya@yahoo.com has lovely condo's for rent in View Talay 1 which sounds like the one that you mention. Many of these condos come up for rent but the majority want long lets minimum 6 months. Numerous friends of mine stay with Stefan and do so repeatedly.

Dodger
February 13th, 2006, 05:24
Peter,

I have stayed at View Talay #1 right across the street from the Pan Pan restaurant for years and would highly recommend it.

The monthly charge for a suite is about 22,150 plus water/electric, and they include fully equipped European kitchens, large living room usually with sofa/love seat arrangement, TV, CD/DVD stereo, very large bedroom w/king size bed (has held up to 4 people comfortably, or at least I was comfortable...LOL), two floor to ceiling closets each with a chest of drawers, two balconies, two air conditioners, plenty of ceiling fans and the unit I rent has a huge bathroom w/double sinks, jacuzzi style tub finished in floor to ceiling Italian marble...just great.

On the first floor (street level) there is a laundry/cleaners, mini mart, Internet shop, and 5 or 6 small Thai/European restaurants. Their swimming pool is one of the largest in PTY which has a club house and sheltered grille area for cook-outs.

View Talay #1 is the older development in the VT chain, although I've tried some of the others and always return. If you're interested contact Phillipe Ambroise at philip2@loxinfo.co.th. He's been taking care of me for years now without a hitch. He even stores my luggage at his home and has it waiting for me in my suite when I return...can't ask for anything better than that.

I'll also be in town in April, so if you stay at View Talay #1-bldg. B, and you hear the sounds of Steely Dan flowing from a high level balcony, that's me.

Good luck in your search.

mai pen rai

February 14th, 2006, 01:52
Great information Dodger and Wowpow. Sounds like just what I will be looking for rental wise, when I make the big move to Thailand in the next 18 months. Especially the size of the suites. I can not imagine squeezing myself into a Studio (especially not with a BF in tow....).

I was thinking about Center Condos.. but the BF keeps telling me "Center Condo very old.. you will not like" (Which translated means HE will not like LOL)

Up2U
February 14th, 2006, 04:27
"Across from The Flamingo Hotel is the Mosiak Luxury Apartments

Studio apts are 8-10,000/ month and one bedrooms - large - are 15-20,000 per month"........I have just ended a 5 week stay at Mosaic Luxury Apartments. I had a large one bedroom with living/dining room, kitchen and with a balcony. Everything is new and overall I enjoyed my stay. I think the location is great. The cost was 19000 baht plus 30% surcharge for short stay (the surcharge is waived for stays greater than 90 days) and about 2000 baht for water, electricity and cable. Cleaning is also extra.

February 14th, 2006, 06:38
Many Thanks to Wowpow, Dodger, Rainwalker99 and Up2U, in my apartmental enquiry. See you in Pattaya in April, and Dodger pop round for a beer if you wish ! Rgds, Peter

February 14th, 2006, 15:01
Jomtien thani condotel 21st floor. 1 bedroom condo and study, view to the islands and back up to the waterpark, marble bathroom, decorated in asian style, concierge on the floor and also lobby, carparking, maid service daily, beautiful swimming beach directly out front. Short motorbike ride or bus to Gay beach. 50000B PM. Mssg me.

February 15th, 2006, 02:50
You better have a hell of a pension to spend 50,000 baht a month on housing! :compress: