View Full Version : cheap flight ticket

thrillbill
August 13th, 2007, 10:39
I wanted to fly to Manilla from Bkk on Air Asia but the web sight doesn't allow one to make the choice... Air Asia does fly to Manilla from KL; and of course from BKK to KL. It looks like one has to book two separate ticket. Has anyone done this before with Air Asia web sight?

globalwanderer
August 13th, 2007, 11:32
yes you have to book two seperate tickets and they take no responsibility if you miss the connection because the first flight is delayed. They also use Clark an Manila which is a 2 hour bus ride out of towmn

Have you checked Cebu Pacific direct

thrillbill
August 13th, 2007, 21:35
Thanks

August 13th, 2007, 22:12
I have just checked their site and you can book online, and they are direct and charging 7400 bht for a return economy ticket. The dates I put in are September 16 returning on 23rd. I'm not sure what this airline is like.

They are probably one of the only airlines that fly direct. Check them out. If you are in Thailand at the moment, you might and probably will get a lot cheaper from an agent.

Thai Airlines are coming up with 13000 odd bht, very expensive.

I actually think that 7400 is a bargain, I don't think you would get any cheaper even with airlines like Air Asia (they don't fly direct anyway)

Cebu Pacific is 6900 bht, even cheaper than Phil Airlines

Smiles
August 14th, 2007, 03:42
.... for this thread, but while taking a peek at the Air Asia website I pluggd in a Bangkok/Phuket return trip (in January 2008) and this came up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/airasia1.jpg

Pretty good price for this fare at 800 baht return. (Although I did not go further to price out the extra addons which these days increase flight prices substantially).
I know nothing more about this airline, and cannot comment on their planes, safety record, seat pitch, or food ... stuff which always comes up when talking airlines.

Cheers ...

August 14th, 2007, 03:58
.... for this thread, but while taking a peek at the Air Asia website I pluggd in a Bangkok/Phuket return trip (in January 2008) and this came up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/airasia1.jpg

Pretty good price for this fare at 800 baht return. (Although I did not go further to price out the extra addons which these days increase flight prices substantially).
I know nothing more about this airline, and cannot comment on their planes, safety record, seat pitch, or food ... stuff which always comes up when talking airlines.

Cheers ...

The hidden costs might double the price. But it's still resonable. Early bookings are recommended. Even budget airlines do not sell any seat at the same price!

Bob
August 14th, 2007, 04:08
Pay the extra $5.00 or so and lock in your seat on Air Asia.....and then you can avoid the cattle call (everybody running for the plane at once) that usually happens (there's always a seat available but I join in the throng just because one worries that there won't be).

August 14th, 2007, 06:22
... but, Bless, he doesn't want to fly from or fly into Phuket, its BKK-MAN-BKK. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He probably worked out that AirAsia fly from Phuket to Manila when he looked at the site. I bet you used to be a cab driver didn't you Smiles!

Smiles
August 14th, 2007, 08:22
" ... but, Bless, he doesn't want to fly from or fly into Phuket, its BKK-MAN-BKK. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He probably worked out that AirAsia fly from Phuket to Manila when he looked at the site. I bet you used to be a cab driver didn't you Smiles! ... "
Yes, well you certainly are a quick wip there WhiteDesire.
Did you by any chance read my opening remark that what I had to say was " ... off topic ... for this thread, but ... ". But thanks for the heads up anyway, Babe. Try paying attention next time.

Cheers ...

globalwanderer
August 14th, 2007, 11:41
... but, Bless, he doesn't want to fly from or fly into Phuket, its BKK-MAN-BKK. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He probably worked out that AirAsia fly from Phuket to Manila when he looked at the site. I bet you used to be a cab driver didn't you Smiles!

Actually he does not want to fly to Manchester (MAN) either, but Manila (MNL)

August 14th, 2007, 14:30
heheheheh, yep, right; another hehehehe.

Smiles: Strangely enough I didn't pick that up "off topic", probably wouldn't have laughed if I had done! No harm anyway.

August 15th, 2007, 07:32
I just priced flights from BKK to Phuket for new years time.. prices range from a high of 7000 baht r/t on Thai and Bangkok air to a low of 2500 on Nok. The others are inbetween (air asia and one-2-go). Nok flies from Don Muang which could be an advantage. Nok also lets you pick your seats online, avoiding the cattle call of Air Asia.

August 15th, 2007, 07:39
Have you considered Tiger via Singapore - www.tigerairways.com (http://www.tigerairways.com) ? I've not used them but heard good reports

August 15th, 2007, 08:12
Hi,

Send Billy to any of them, one way, I'll pay!

thrillbill
August 15th, 2007, 20:41
Thanks for all the comments that were valid to my question. I am use to getting ONE ticket with the same airline though there may be another exchange of planes at another airport before reaching the final destination. So that is why I asked the question about Air Asia. No, I have never looked into Tiger Air . I'll look into that.

August 16th, 2007, 03:19
... one way tickets with Ryanair to Stockholm for 9.99

August 17th, 2007, 04:35
Thanks for all the comments that were valid to my question. I am use to getting ONE ticket with the same airline though there may be another exchange of planes at another airport before reaching the final destination. So that is why I asked the question about Air Asia. No, I have never looked into Tiger Air . I'll look into that.

Check for Thai Air pass which is a good alternative but availible outside of Thailand only. You can fly in or out of Thailand any airline. No hassle with extra juggage and youll enjoy full service.

169 USD f├╝r three flights. Budget carriers might not be much less if any. ...

Details: www.thaiair.com/Promotions/Special_Fare ... g_fare.htm (http://www.thaiair.com/Promotions/Special_Fares_Promotions/Discover_thailand_amazing_fare.htm)

globalwanderer
August 17th, 2007, 12:11
Have you considered Tiger via Singapore - www.tigerairways.com (http://www.tigerairways.com) ? I've not used them but heard good reports

Think you'll find the same problem with Tiger and Jetstar... and from memory the flight timings are such you can't get a same day connection