PDA

View Full Version : Delivery restaurants in Jomtien/S. Pattaya

August 12th, 2007, 21:23
Not a gay topic, but I would like to ask the board's readers if they could recommend restaurants that deliver in Jomtien and/or South Pattaya? Most helpful would be Thai restaurants that deliver (no, the only one in my building does *not* deliver), and Isaarn and Lao would be especially welcome! I'm not new to the area, but am new to being here 'full time,' and have decided that there are some nights that I just don't want to go out, and perhaps may not feel like cooking as well.

Here are the restaurants I have encountered thus far, in case anyone finds this useful. As one may see, I have only managed to find fast food places thus far, and would be grateful for recommendations!

Pizza 2000 (Jomtien, next to Foodmart):
Some nice thin crust pizza -- I quite liked their Gyros and the Prosciutto, as well as the calzone. Upgrading to the 'Jumbo' pizza is a must -- which is the same size as a medium from any other pizza restaurant. The standards size is only slightly larger than a muffin. It becomes a bit expensive having to 'jumbo size' everythig -- about 250 baht per person for pizza. 038 25 20 80

Subs-N-Suds (somewhere in S. Pattaya)
Very painful to order on the phone, as the boy who answers speaks almost NO English, and seems not to understand Thai (even my BF had trouble getting through to him). That said, they do very nice American fast food, such as pastrami sandwiches and American tacos. They also sell Philly cheese steaks (don't like that myself). AVOID the potato salad -- it has sugar and vinegar in it (most disgusting!). Oh, and quite cute gay delivery boys :) tel. 038 414 280 (24 hours)

Big Al's Mexican Food (Thappraya Road, near Jomtien Nivate)
Mexican food -- decent burritos and tacos. They also list pies (steak & kidney, chicken & mushroom, Mince and onion...), and I will try these one day. Note that delivery is NOT free -- must pay motorbike taxi and 150 baht minimum. That said, the food is very reasonably priced, so the overall bill is still less than most. 08 688 97511

Tikka Centre in Jomtien Complex have a very enticing delivery menu, however both numbers on their new menu (printed a few weeks ago) are out of service, so I'll need to go back and get a number from them (some people are just too stupid to be in business).

beyond that:

KFC: tel. 1150 -- buckets of lard

MK 038 374484 -- everything sweet and disgusting

And (one day in advance, for larger groups): Terry's Catering 0852 803 289 -- proper English pies, sausage rolls, very nice quiches and a proper curried chicken that makes the spiciest of Thai food look bland. And, TIT -- reasonable prices.

August 12th, 2007, 21:54
http://www.door2doorpattaya.com/

August 17th, 2007, 09:34
OH -- the door2door service is exactly what I was looking for -- Thanks!