PDA

View Full Version : For those in THAILAND......

jinks
August 12th, 2007, 21:04
Don't sit there go outside.......

(BangkokPost.com) тАУ Mothers are in for another treat on MotherтАЩs Day.

At around 10 pm on Sunday night, the Perseid meteor shower is expected to provide a magnificent display of lights in the sky.

The meteor display will reach its peak at around 2am, where stargazers will be able to see up to one meteor a minute.

The Perseid meteor shower happens every year on August 12. The meteors are from comet Swift-Tuttle, as the earth moves through its tail

Astronomers suggested Thai stargazers move away from city lights in order to catch the best view of the shower. The display can be admired with the naked eye.

Weather experts said, however, that locals in Mae Hong Sorn will not get the privilege of enjoying the тАЬshowтАЭ because of extremely cloudy conditions.

August 14th, 2007, 13:11
Anyone see it or get pics?

August 14th, 2007, 15:31
We intended to stay up to see it from Southern England, but after a hard day punting on the Cam followed by dinner in the company of a number of real Professors I was too exhausted by late evening to stay up. My partner however found the bench at the bottom of the garden and reported at breakfast that he'd made ten sightings.

About three years ago I'd been skyping him from England while he'd been observing the same phenomenon from his home in Asia when he'd made ten times as many sightiings and got very excited during the call.