PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky 777

tony279760-old
August 11th, 2007, 15:51
I went to Lucky 777 on Pattayaland Soi 1 last night with a friend.
It was pretty quiet with a handful of customers and around 10 boys dancing.

When their show started we quickly check-binned to discover we had been charged 170 baht for a vodka and 160 baht for a whisky.
My complaint to the manager fell on deaf ears.
His excuse was that they had a show.

The fact that we were leaving because of the show didn't seem to matter.
330 baht for two drinks in a dreary gogo bar is crazy.

August 11th, 2007, 17:16
It's low season. They've got to make money somehow. In my experience drink prices always rise at this time of the year. Just a pity that in most cases they remain higher when the busy season arrives. (Believe in the west it's called inflation). :geek:

catawampuscat
August 11th, 2007, 17:48
777 used to be a fun bar, a long time ago, but a series of bad managers including lady-boy loving farangs
ruined this bar.
The show is advertised as a "sexy boy" show and is it "all katoey' lady-men lip syncing.

Sad but true and unfortunately this seems to happen to many good boy bars.
The more lady boys working, the fewer boy boys will stay and the cycle turns the bar into a lady-boy fem bar
and the foolish farang owners sit in empty bars and wonder why.....

Raising the drink prices for this show is like asking someone to pay to be tortured.

The positive is ,next door, the old 4 Seasons boy bar is undergoing renovations and it can only be better than
the 4 Seasons was. I have heard the management from Sawatdee Boys across the soi is involved and
at least they are pros even if they play the music much too loud..

Gacuya Boy Bar is also renovating the corner bar and hopefully they will get their act together as the bar went
from great to flat and lost all of its stars. The upstairs combo bar Classic Boys/Gacuya Boys is hit and miss and
mostly miss. :cat:

lonelywombat
August 11th, 2007, 18:26
And i only paid 100 baht !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TtHAT IS BECAUSE THEY WANTED YOU TO GO