View Full Version : New shopping mall...... THE AVENUE

jvt22222
August 11th, 2007, 09:50
Last night .. Friday .. strolled through the courtyard, movie theater and bowling alley of the new shopping mall on Second Road .. THE AVENUE PATTAYA .. the site of the former Vientiane Restaurant .. just up and across the street from the rear entrance of Royal Garden Shopping Mall .. quite a grand place, actually massive in scope .. color scheme is dust to light browns, with lots of greenery and large paving stones rather than just a cement courtyard .. the movie theater was open .. 8 screens on what appeared to be three floors, not 10 as I had previously been told .. interesting that one movie not currently being shown at BigC and Royal Garden was being shown .. The Simpson Movie .. maybe this indicates that the operators -- Major Cineplex -- will be bringing some movies that would not normally be shown by the SF group, which operate Royal Garden and BigC .. sorry did not notice the cost of tickets .. the bowling alley was being worked on by a whole gaggle of laborers as late as 10:00 pm and looks quite special .. almost like a lounge club .. the new McDonalds and the ATM machines were booming .. did not note that anything else was open .. its location near Boys Town should indicate that it will certainly be popular amongst our crowd .. might well turn into another fine cruising spot .. our guys LOVE bowling.

thrillbill
August 11th, 2007, 10:29
I'm afraid by the time the other mall is finished (between Beach Rd. and Second Rd in Pattaya) there will be an over-kill with malls(and they will all have the same outlet stores). Too bad, for I'd rather have a couple crowded malls than four empty ones.

August 11th, 2007, 12:29
I would rather have 4 nearly empty malls. Who needs crowds? Oh yah, those who have to cruise constantly.