PDA

View Full Version : I have to contribute something !

August 11th, 2007, 04:05
I am new to this board, so first of all, I would like to say "hello" to all of you.

Let me introduce myself: I am a professor, now retired, but still working on many subjects and - word wide - projects. I mainly used to teach philosophy, international relations and economics at a couple of the most renowned American universities (I am not an American citizen though). During my long and grand academic career, I received some of the highest awards, and published numerous books and articles on my different areas of expertise. If you are interested, I can send you my bibliography via private message. Just contact me anytime via private message.

Although I was on a sabbatical leave almost every other year, I won several Distinguished Teaching Awards which made me proud, I must admit. To get to the highest levels of admiration from young and knowledgeable students is an outstanding experience I do not want to miss.

I speak seven languages, including French, Italian, German, Swedish, to name a few.

Currently, I am involved as a mediator in the Middle East, working on balanced step-by-step solutions for the countries at war for such a long time. I used to work and cooperate with Martti Ahtisaari, a wonderful friend from Finland as you will know.

Why, you will ask, am I telling you all this?

Well, I have read many threads on this board, and I must say, that many posters are extremely unaware of reality and simple facts. Also, many posters do not have a clue how to behave when it comes to courtesy.

I would like to offer my vast experiences in all different fields to the board community, and will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Do not feel uncomfortable or ashamed to ask any questions. There are no stupid questions! I was always delighted to hold a conversation with my colleagues and students (of course, you are not my students). So, let┬┤s have a conversation on a friendly and ingenious basis!

I am looking forward to your responses.

Bob
August 11th, 2007, 04:18
Sorry, Professor, but you are rather full of yourself. I have a couple of fancy degrees and a couple of nice awards but I have not been boorish enough (until now) to suggest my credentials somehow compel anybody to listen to me (or not to slam me when I say something silly).
You don't list any background that would imply areas of expertise involving this board (for some reason, they named it Sawatdee Gay Thailand....) so I can't figure out why you would expect anyone here to be excited at your arrival (we seem to be so lucky?)
But you're right about your observations of the clinical behavior/comments of a small percentage of the posters. I'm concerned, though, that you belong on the couch next to them. Either way, carry on.

August 11th, 2007, 05:06
Sorry, Professor, but you are rather full of yourself. I have a couple of fancy degrees and a couple of nice awards but I have not been boorish enough (until now) to suggest my credentials somehow compel anybody to listen to me (or not to slam me when I say something silly).
You don't list any background that would imply areas of expertise involving this board (for some reason, they named it Sawatdee Gay Thailand....) so I can't figure out why you would expect anyone here to be excited at your arrival (we seem to be so lucky?)
But you're right about your observations of the clinical behavior/comments of a small percentage of the posters. I'm concerned, though, that you belong on the couch next to them. Either way, carry on.

Well, Bob, thank you for your warm and nice welcome!

I have read some of your previous posts (regarding other issues), and thought for a while that you belong to the more sophisticated majority of posters. It seems I was wrong (although you assert to be an academic person): Do you notice that you condemn the "clinical behavior/comments" of some posters on the one side, and that you act in a quite morbid way yourself at the same time? Your last paragraph is revealing, trying to make a silly joke at my expense.

I happen to like men, as you might have concluded since I am posting on a gay message board. Or do you think I do not realize where I am posting? Anyway, I thought that a sincere and enlightened discussion - of course also concerning gay themes - without any childish behavior might be of interest to this community...

Bob
August 11th, 2007, 05:24
I happen to like men

That's cool and I promise not to hold that against you. I have the same affliction.

I presumed that you were a resurrection of a recently banned poster and perhaps I was wrong there; regardless, the tone of your post put me off and I reacted to it as I saw it. If you skip the puffing and just participate, maybe you'll fit in around here (I'm not sure if I do or even if that would be a good thing!). Chok dee.

Smiles
August 11th, 2007, 05:38
Jaafarabutarab the Second?

Cheers ...

Doug
August 11th, 2007, 06:22
"Any question", you say. Do you like butterflies?

Daniel-old
August 11th, 2007, 06:23
Hi Professor,

'I speak ... French ... and will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Do not feel uncomfortable or ashamed to ask any questions. There are no stupid questions!'

Peut-on concilier libert├йs individuelles et s├йcurit├й collective?

Feel free to take up to 4000 words, and I don't have to hand it in until Monday. Cheers!

Aunty
August 11th, 2007, 06:31
I have a question for you Professor. Are you Boygeenyus' long lost nymphomaniac half-sister, who was last seen in the company of a bus load of Burmese fishermen heading for the border and singing, Opps, I did it again?

August 11th, 2007, 06:44
... are noted (dear Doug, Daniel and Aunty). I will get back to the issues as soon as I can, one by one.

As I have told you, I am very much engaged in all kinds of (foreign) affairs, so please allow me to take some time to answer.

I am also thinking about giving you some questions and assignments meanwhile.

Get back to you soon!

Prof.

August 11th, 2007, 07:30
I have a question for you Professor. Are you Boygeenyus' long lost nymphomaniac half-sister, who was last seen in the company of a bus load of Burmese fishermen heading for the border and singing, Opps, I did it again?

Dear Aunty,

I have nothing - repeat: nada - to do with a former poster called Boygeenyus. When you mentioned this name, I did some quick research in the archives of this board. Clearly, this poster - who was apparently banned from this board (maybe Bob referred to him as well, see above) - was one of the most obnoxious and cynical members around. It is certainly not a very charming assertion which you have raised, Aunty, that I am somehow connected with "Boygeenyus". Never mind, I am not upset in any way - as I have pointed out before, I am a man of culture and civilized manners to the core.

Question answered?

August 11th, 2007, 07:52
"Any question", you say. Do you like butterflies?

Doug:

I do like butterflies, esp. Monarchs, if you refer to an insect of the order Lepidoptera.
However, I don┬┤t approve someone acting like a "butterfly", mimicing the fluttering movements of a butterfly as he prances from male to male...

Hope this suffices -

Professor

August 11th, 2007, 08:27
:bs: A most original troll.

August 11th, 2007, 08:29
....It is certainly not a very charming assertion which you have raised, Aunty, that I am somehow connected with "Boygeenyus". Never mind, I am not upset in any way - as I have pointed out before, I am a man of culture and civilized manners to the core....

Boy, and I thought Boygeenyus had HIS head up his a$$!

Well gee wiz Perfesser, I'm so glad YOU'RE here now to set us all straight (figuratively speaking).

"I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

OR

"Fasten you're seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

catawampuscat
August 11th, 2007, 08:55
This forum is about gay Thailand, not academic credentials..
I, for one am already bored by the new troll. (Wasn't he on Gilligan's Island?)

The only credentials of interest here are gay Thailand related. The only experience
of interest is how many years of experience with the gay scene in Thailand, the bars,
the boys, the hotels, the restaurants , the farangs, GAY THAILAND....

Everyone here has another life apart from gay Thailand. Doctors, lawyers, real estate magnates,
politicians, priests and cardinals and probably felons and certainly the flotsam and jetsam of many
Western and Australasian countries.

Stop tooting your own horn and try pulling your pud. Maybe it is the reincarnation of hedda,
certainly has a similar air of self importance and faux superiority. :cat:

Mi Cow Chai-old
August 11th, 2007, 09:38
I agree. Let's remember this is a board about Gay Thailand.

August 11th, 2007, 09:50
Wot a WANKER!

August 11th, 2007, 09:58
I smell buffalo excrement!

thrillbill
August 11th, 2007, 10:22
When I first read this descriptive, flowery commentary full of self-superlatives, I thought I was reading one of those "bank scams" from Nigeria. When I finally plowed my way towards the purpose of the writing, I became puzzled why this professor would feel a need to offer his expertise.

Yes, I also have a couple degrees, a masters , and hours beyond that but I (like the other participants with this forum) don't need to reveal this in order to sound intelligent. It is how one writes/ responds to the forum that indicates if the person is a moran or a normal human being with common sense.

Impulse
August 11th, 2007, 12:23
Hi Profesor,Im Rocket,but Im not a rocket scientist.I went to college in New Haven Connecticut,but not Yale. I cannot speak seven languages but I think I could recognise what the four countries you listed flags look like. Um,are you a top or a bottom?

August 11th, 2007, 12:32
When I first read this descriptive, flowery commentary full of self-superlatives, I thought I was reading one of those "bank scams" from Nigeria. When I finally plowed my way towards the purpose of the writing, I became puzzled why this professor would feel a need to offer his expertise.

Yes, I also have a couple degrees, a masters , and hours beyond that but I (like the other participants with this forum) don't need to reveal this in order to sound intelligent. It is how one writes/ responds to the forum that indicates if the person is a moran or a normal human being with common sense.

So TB you put yourself into the same pot as the professor when you mentioned YOUR degrees. Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

August 11th, 2007, 12:42
DELETED

elephantspike
August 11th, 2007, 12:47
Well, at first I thought from Professor's opening post that it was the work of a spambot, as the only part in which he addresses the board......

Well, I have read many threads on this board, and I must say, that many posters are extremely unaware of reality and simple facts. Also, many posters do not have a clue how to behave when it comes to courtesy.

....could apply to pretty much any message board on the web.

Of course the fact that he directly responds to replies from others proves the 'bot theory wrong, but it is a curious debut nonetheless. Welcome, Professor.

August 11th, 2007, 13:51
Thank you all for your comments.

During my teaching career, I was used to encounter bad behavior once in a while. I taught in the late sixties - among other great schools - at Berkeley and Princeton, and was personally confronted with the emerging student riots. The problem was that the students by all means had a legitimate reason to raise their voices, but they were not able to see how much damage they created in society by the pure hatred they spread. To speak with some of our posters, I can also "smell" something when reading most of the responses: a lack of discipline and manners.

Of course, Mr. Catawampuscat, this board is about gay thailand, not academic credentials. Why you state the obvious? Am I not allowed to introduce myself to this community by telling you a little bit where I come from? Are people with an academic background not welcome here? Or are you simply not interested in a serious interchange of ideas?

It is almost funny that a lot of posters suspect I have taken over the identity of other (deceased?) posters: Boygeenyus, Jaafarabutarab, Hedda... who else is in the race?

If you call someone who is widely read a troll, I am a troll. Interesting how anonymity creates this name-calling profanity. I suspect that people using this method of communication never learned to express themselves in a civilized way, and would never have the guts to speak up like that in a personal conversation - right?

Finally, let me close with sincere thanks to Mr. Elephantspike: He was the only poster who actually "welcomed" me as a new member of this board. I hope this community is a little more liberal and open than most of the respondents.

August 11th, 2007, 14:21
Not only a troll, but one who double posts. Fourteen minutes apart.

It's up to you, Mr.Professor to prove you are NOT a troll. Please feel free to post a topic or relevance to the forum and interest to the members. So far, you haven't.

If you're at a loss for a topic, you could always use the old standby: pedophillia, with a backdrop of Sunee Plaza.

August 11th, 2007, 18:19
Well i welcome you PROFESSOR,you can join the TROLL CLUB TOO,I AM THE PRESDIENT OF IT.

Thank you, "wx40afp", your welcome is noted. I am glad to meet the "president" of the "troll club" as I have learned that trolls are a widely recognized species around here. Although, some of your postings make me wonder how you can survive in the real world. No offense meant!

Prof.

August 11th, 2007, 22:15
"Troll" [pejorative noun] - Someone on this Board with whose opinions I disagree but lack the intelligence to rebut, so I will rely on personal abuse and ad hominem comments

Welcome, Professor

August 12th, 2007, 00:23
Not only a troll, but one who double posts. Fourteen minutes apart.

It's up to you, Mr.Professor to prove you are NOT a troll. Please feel free to post a topic or relevance to the forum and interest to the members. So far, you haven't.

If you're at a loss for a topic, you could always use the old standby: pedophillia, with a backdrop of Sunee Plaza.

bkk gwm,
see my posting about "prostitution" (Global Forum), and please feel free to participate in the discussion! Do you have anything of substance to say regarding the issue?

August 12th, 2007, 00:31
Wot a WANKER!

I understand that in this case, there are so many possible explanations (not excuses!) for such a revealing behavior - whatever it is, please have a little more respect for someone who is probably much older (may I add: wiser) than you are!

Prof.

August 12th, 2007, 00:41
It is how one writes/ responds to the forum that indicates if the person is a moran or a normal human being with common sense.

"moran" = "moron" - or "moray"?

thrillbill, I agree with you. The point is, as I have mentioned before, am I not allowed to introduce myself? Do I have to hide my academic credentials, out of fear that others might become jealous? I was merely intending to give a short summary about my working experiences and areas of interest. I thought that this would give a "surplus value" to this forum and its members. I hope I was not wrong.

Prof.

August 12th, 2007, 00:44
I thought that this would give a "surplus value" to this forum and its members. I hope I was not wrongYou do not hope in vain - it is entirely surplus

August 12th, 2007, 00:47
I thought that this would give a "surplus value" to this forum and its members. I hope I was not wrongYou do not hope in vain - it is entirely surplusDon't you mean superfluous, Colonel?

August 12th, 2007, 01:02
"Troll" [pejorative noun] - Someone on this Board with whose opinions I disagree but lack the intelligence to rebut, so I will rely on personal abuse and ad hominem comments

Welcome, Professor

Thank you, Mr. Homintern (nice innuendo, by the way!).

You are certainly one of the more educated posters around. I will be very happy to discuss many interesting matters with you at greater length, and expect some quite challenging crosstalk!

What is your preferred field of activity?

Professor

Aunty
August 12th, 2007, 01:15
Thank you, Mr. Homintern (nice innuendo, by the way!).

You are certainly one of the more educated posters around. I will be very happy to discuss many interesting matters with you at greater length, and expect some quite challenging crosstalk!

What is your preferred field of activity?

Professor

Beryl's? Booze and backsides.

Smiles
August 12th, 2007, 02:57
" ...What is your preferred field of activity?
Professor ... "
Face-sitting. Thais-on-top preferred.

Cheers ...

August 12th, 2007, 03:07
What is your preferred field of activity?Teasing people who take themselves seriously

Bob
August 12th, 2007, 03:13
Face-sitting. Thais-on-top preferred.

What is your preferred field of activity?Teasing people who take themselves seriously

And he's damn good - professorily resplendent, if you will - at both. :geek:

August 12th, 2007, 03:49
And he's damn goodThanks Bob, but I thought we'd agreed to keep our little "epsiode" - where you sat on my face and I told you how much you weighed - to ourselves

Bob
August 12th, 2007, 03:55
Thanks Bob, but I thought we'd agreed to keep our little "epsiode" - where you sat on my face and I told you how much you weighed - to ourselves

Sure as hell not after you yelled "200 kilos!" from the 9th floor window!

As I switched to diet pop to avoid the billyboy look, I'm 6'1" and 192 pounds (which, in euro talk, is maybe 185.4 cm and 87.27 kilos?).

Impulse
August 12th, 2007, 09:35
Maybe we should give the professor a chance instead of attacking him.Let him post a few post at least.I know he came across as a braggart with his introduction but he did have the courtesy to answer my question in a pm. Rocket(who doesnt get many private messages)

catawampuscat
August 12th, 2007, 10:08
Shouldn't the title of the quack's thread be I have something to contribute rather than I have to contribute something.?

Like another poster lost in cyberspace, this troll thinks it is all about him.
Three pages and not a word about GAY THAILAND... JUST ABOUT HIM..
A BORE IS A BORE IS A BORE AND A TROLL IS A TROLL IS A TROLL.
:cat:
good riddance to the prof and hopefully exile on Gilligan's Is. or just the Global Forum.......

August 12th, 2007, 19:08
Maybe we should give the professor a chance instead of attacking him.Let him post a few post at least.I know he came across as a braggart with his introduction but he did have the courtesy to answer my question in a pm. Rocket(who doesnt get many private messages)

Thank you, Mr. Rocket, for your statement which I appreciate. You are a man of decency and good manners. I have noted your response, and will be happy to keep in touch with you (along with Mr. Elephantspike, Mr. Pepperami, Mr. Homintern and Mr. Bob, to name a few).

Prof.

August 12th, 2007, 19:23
Shouldn't the title of the quack's thread be I have something to contribute rather than I have to contribute something.?

Like another poster lost in cyberspace, this troll thinks it is all about him.
Three pages and not a word about GAY THAILAND... JUST ABOUT HIM..
A BORE IS A BORE IS A BORE AND A TROLL IS A TROLL IS A TROLL.
:cat:
good riddance to the prof and hopefully exile on Gilligan's Is. or just the Global Forum.......

Mr. Catawampuscat, however, you have a problem. I do not know what it is yet.

Mr Catawampuscat, as I have pointed out before, English is not my mother tongue, so would you please be so kind to excuse any other language inconsistencies which might occur in my postings? I hope my command of English is still good enough that I can make myself understandable - even for you.

By the way: I always told my students, whenever you criticize someone, especially on a personal level, be sure to make a logical statement. Otherwise, the boomerang comes back - Mr. Catawampuscat moaned in his first post about the missing connection of my thread to Gay Thailand. Subsequently, my thread was moved to the Global Forum, which is open to almost any topic, as far as I understand it (Mr. Elephantspike was so kind to explain to me in a pm why he had to move the thread). So, here is the thread now in the Global Forum, and Mr. Catawampuscat "still says:

"Three pages and not a word about GAY THAILAND..."

Hello?

Maybe you should take care of your own logical inconsistencies, Mr. Catawampuscat, before making any further accusations. Finally: Since I was labeled to be a "troll" already, are you the "bore"?

Please excuse that I cannot take you seriously anymore, at least as an intellectual sparring partner.

Professor

August 12th, 2007, 21:24
I always told my students, whenever you criticize someone, especially on a personal level, be sure to make a logical statement. Otherwise, the boomerang comes backNow there is a logical statement - the boomerang comes back - which is entirely the point of a boomerang. However, I'm still wondering about these students - the ones who were life's failures (so far undefined) with whom our Professor seems to have kept in touch even though they have left university (otherwise how does he know they are failures?). Did they manifest this behavior as well - they didn't understand the boomerang principle when criticising people?

Tell us, Cat, did you at some point attend one of these "Ivy League" colleges at which the Professor taught, and you are one of the failures about which he writes so eloquently? Is the feud between you personal, and historical? The fact that the Professor's first language is not English points him up to being an American - English is a second language for all of them, poor things

Wesley
August 12th, 2007, 22:13
I did hear one great man say that you can learn something from any one including the young man sitting next to you or the old fart sitting on the other side. All know something I donтАЩt and I am also wiling to listen to any one who feels they have something genuine to say about Thailand or on this more open part of the forum any subject he feels may help us all to be better people. I have found I can learn from any one. Including someone who is planning to cut my throat for a few dollars. So anything of value worth saying is worth listening to. I think it is the tooting of ones own horn that most here object to.

Maybe you should have commented on a few relevant post before you broke us in on your some what exciting life as a professor. I just hope you are not the kind who makes me feel sleepy, as I am not quite ready for bed yet. Or to lay my head down in disgust that I was made to take this damn course in philosophy when in the university especially, if I could have been the dorm room fucking around with some cute dude in the bed next to me... I muddled though it as did most and I like most, was glad to get out of it as quickly as I could.

Wesley

August 12th, 2007, 23:42
I always told my students, whenever you criticize someone, especially on a personal level, be sure to make a logical statement. Otherwise, the boomerang comes backNow there is a logical statement - the boomerang comes back - which is entirely the point of a boomerang. However, I'm still wondering about these students - the ones who were life's failures (so far undefined) with whom our Professor seems to have kept in touch even though they have left university (otherwise how does he know they are failures?). Did they manifest this behavior as well - they didn't understand the boomerang principle when criticising people?

Tell us, Cat, did you at some point attend one of these "Ivy League" colleges at which the Professor taught, and you are one of the failures about which he writes so eloquently? Is the feud between you personal, and historical? The fact that the Professor's first language is not English points him up to being an American - English is a second language for all of them, poor things

Mr. Homintern:
To the contrary. The point of a boomerang is not to come back. The entire point of a boomerang is to hit the chased animal. Just ask any Aborigine.

I have attended countless Alumni gatherings in my life. You hear a lot during these meetings. With my experiences, I allow myself to stick by my assertion.

Prof.

August 12th, 2007, 23:50
I have attended countless Alumni gatherings in my life. You hear a lot during these meetings. With my experiences, I allow myself to stick by my assertion.Clearly statistics are not your strong point. Or are you relying on Bayes' Theorem for your conclusions? And we still don't know your criteria for measuring whether someone is a "failure" in life

August 13th, 2007, 00:22
I have attended countless Alumni gatherings in my life. You hear a lot during these meetings. With my experiences, I allow myself to stick by my assertion.Clearly statistics are not your strong point. Or are you relying on Bayes' Theorem for your conclusions? And we still don't know your criteria for measuring whether someone is a "failure" in life

People who are constantly verbally attacking others or making fun at the expense of others - whether in class or within this forum - lack emotional intelligence and emotional knowledge. Students who mess around and misbehave all the time are the ones who receive - on average - the lowest grades. After teaching for decades in the "ivy league", as you put it, nobody will convince me of the opposite.

I have learned some quite sad stories at the meetings I have mentioned. One student who was known to be something like the "clown" in class just barely made it through the final examination. Later, he became a drug addict and eventually died, although he had the best preconditions. Parents who cared for him and who enabled him to visit a top school. But he decided to throw his life away. Take this as an example for my thesis.

Maybe you are the exception to the rule, Mr. Homintern, who knows?

August 13th, 2007, 01:39
I have learned some quite sad stories at the meetings I have mentioned... Take this as an example for my thesisSo, in other words, you're extrapolating from a very small sample size. That doesn't suggest a high degree of intellectual rigour. It also provides next to nothing as a set of criteria by which you measure "failure". Let's not forget your original thesis was the people in college who poke fun at others ended up as "failures" in "real" life - the thesis was not that they failed or barely passed their grades. I suspect that the "people" at whom they poked fun was most likely to be a person ie. their teacher, and you've never been able to live with the knowledge that some (most?) people simply don't take you seriously. And sadly, it's happening all over again in this Forum

I, on the other hand, freely acknowledge my lack of "bottom" and lovingly welcome such sobriquets as (I think from Cat) "Fruitcake of all Fruitcakes" or (from a female hooker in the street in Melbourne whose advances I had declined) "I wouldn't want you anyway you bald, fat, old cunt"

August 13th, 2007, 01:42
I have learned some quite sad stories at the meetings I have mentioned... Take this as an example for my thesisSo, in other words, you're generalising from an extremely small sample size. That doesn't suggest a very high degree of intellectual rigour

No, Mr. Homintern, I know more similar stories, but I am not going to post them here. This has something to do with decency. I am sure you understand, since you are a decent person yourself.

Prof.

August 13th, 2007, 01:52
No, Mr. Homintern, I know more similar stories, but I am not going to post them here. This has something to do with decency. I am sure you understand, since you are a decent person yourself.Anecdotes are not proof of anything. And I find the suggestion that I am a "decent" person highly offensive. The fact is you have no proof, and you've been caught out

August 13th, 2007, 02:06
No, Mr. Homintern, I know more similar stories, but I am not going to post them here. This has something to do with decency. I am sure you understand, since you are a decent person yourself.Anecdotes are not proof of anything. And I find the suggestion that I am a "decent" person highly offensive. The fact is you have no proof, and you've been caught out

Well, Mr. Homintern, I dealt with students like you for a long time. Students who desperately tried to teach the teacher a lesson... Forget it. I will turn 86 next month, I have fought (and won) enough of these little battles...

Just take and accept it as my personal experience - people who constantly misbehave do not get very far. Period. Class over for today.

Professor

August 13th, 2007, 02:15
Just take and accept it as my personal experience - people who constantly misbehave do not get very farI will certainly take that as your personal experience from your ivory tower. It is not mine. Perhaps that is your explanation (since you have not offered any other) for differentiating between university and "real" life

August 13th, 2007, 23:38
Hey Perfesser! I got a question. :hello2:

When you go to a bar do you stand up on a table, announce to everyone how smart you are and tell them to be quiet, listen to you and behave?

Well, you just walked in to the "Sawatee Saloon" and that's exactly what you did. It really shouldn't surprise you that the punters here are hootin' and hollerin', blowing raspberries and throwing shot glasses and pretzles at you.

Why don't we start over?
Pull up a chair, sit down, pour yourself a big Singha and tell us....

Do you have a Thai boyfriend?
Do you come to Thailand often or do you live there?
Do you go to the boy bars? Which ones do you like?

And as the night rolls on and we become more intimate you can tell us things like:
Are you a Top or Bottom?
Do you go for Ladyboys?
How much do you pay for Short time/long time?
Would you buy a condo at Ocean One?

1 :occasion5:
2 :drunken:
3 :alc:

bedbugy1-old
August 14th, 2007, 18:12
thats a silly question
86 years old
i should think he's past sex

Smiles
August 16th, 2007, 19:33
So it looks as though the Professor has gone on sabbatical after dive-bombing Sawatdee with pretension. The pompous have no staying power.

Cheers ...

Wesley
August 16th, 2007, 20:26
So it looks as though the Professor has gone on sabbatical after dive-bombing Sawatdee with pretension. The pompous have no staying power.

Cheers ...

NO, ONLY BLOKES LIKE US STICK WITH IT

I think he was BG in a Internet shop

:cheers:

August 17th, 2007, 09:49
I always thought BG was advanced in years, though he carries it quite well I must say, all 86 years of it.
I have a soft spot for the near dead, like a suppurating ulcer on the groin, so I do feel sympathy for him, especially now that he is forced to trawl tacky internet cafes, the ones that will put up with the necrotic body odours and more or less continual incontinence just long enough for him to log in and make a small dribble here on Swadee again.

Have pity moderator, and take care that that boomerang doesn't miss its target. With his sad little anecdotal evidence suggesting he still cares, after all these years of unrequited indentured servitude as a crap old English teacher abroad, hasn't he "suffer" enough?

Dboy
August 18th, 2007, 04:22

Cheers ...

Exactly. I've been wondering how long this would take. Professor is obviously the REAL loser in life if he has to resort to holding court on a gay message board.

Dboy

August 18th, 2007, 06:59
The pompous have no staying power.I beg to differ; I've been contributing for years

August 18th, 2007, 09:50

Cheers ...

Exactly. I've been wondering how long this would take. Professor is obviously the REAL loser in life if he has to resort to holding court on a gay message board.

Dboy

Erm excuse me Dthingy, I think you need to start respecting yourself just a little, at least enough to stop yourself thinking you are a "real loser" because you are gay. How sad for you. Or are you a fag hag with an enlarged clitoris like a dead tape worm, and not gay at all? What ever, please feel free to hold court, we wont think any the less of you i'm sure.

August 18th, 2007, 16:13
My opening post was probably inappropriate. It might have been unusual and weird. What was the response of the majority?

I never expected so many hateful, mean and negative comments. Some made even fun of my advanced age. When I started to post something on another thread, this sort of immature hostility just continued.

After this remarkable experience, I have decided to quit. Many will applaud now, I am sure. Just go ahead.

Professor

August 18th, 2007, 20:54
Erm excuse me Dthingy, I think you need to start respecting yourself just a little, at least enough to stop yourself thinking you are a "real loser" because you are gayAnd taking that one step further, the Professor needs to start respecting himself, at least to stop himself thinking that "real" life doesn't exist in universities. Or perhaps, given his reaction to posters feeling themselves free to make fun of him, it doesn't and this Forum is his first experience of it. My own occasional forays into the Senior Common Room suggests to me that posters here have treated him with kid gloves compared to the way Fellows in some Colleges behave towards each other

August 19th, 2007, 15:35
After this remarkable experience, I have decided to quit. Many will applaud now, I am sure. Just go ahead. Professor

Wesley
August 19th, 2007, 16:26
After this remarkable experience, I have decided to quit. Many will applaud now, I am sure. Just go ahead. Professor

God how many have said that only to be reincarnated with a new name and Image, when I stopped posting, I just stopped posting with out all the fairwells and how bad it was. I just quit no half hearted farewells. Maybe you can post over at Ting and Tong they seem to be happy with most anyone. The professor would have done much better had he chosen some handle that didn't automatically put him in some elevated intellectual club. He played in the room with ever sort of person from all walks of life and not that he deserved it he could have been a bit more mellow in his first bombing run.
Wesley