PDA

View Full Version : Statement of income - Ret.visa

August 10th, 2007, 16:44
Well boys and gals (you know who you are) has anyone gone to the ministry to verify their affidavit of income yet ?
Thank you kindly in advance of your replies with unending wisdom.

August 11th, 2007, 17:18
I feel a chill in this topic room. Hellllloooo is anybody there?
Bet if I had mentioned some new bar opening, innumerable hits would have been made here.
If anyone should have to go to the ministry, please let us know how it went. Thanks

TOQ
August 11th, 2007, 17:36
Wish I had the answer for you but I wont find out for myself till the middle November

john

August 11th, 2007, 17:43
Thanks for the thought. Me too, early November.

Boxer
August 11th, 2007, 18:06
As far as I know the regs. do not come in until Oct 1st and guidance is to be issued first. This only effects those who are renewing a visa using income as evidence not those who have the cash in bank 800000 baht. I read somewhere that you will need a new Affidavite each year and it will need a Ministry stamp each year but no cost or proceedure is set as yet. At present you can use the first issued Affidavite (in USA cases or the Consul issued letter in UK cases) each year on renewal. Too many fake documents doing the rounds is a problem. Get your docs. ready and see nearer the time for stamping instructions if they go on with it.

August 12th, 2007, 10:38
Thanks for the words.
I can't see how a USA affidavit can be faked. It is an embossed seal. No photocopier can fake that.
Anyhow, I'm not going to get my bikini in a bunch over it.