PDA

View Full Version : Reported News in Thailand!

August 10th, 2007, 15:42
Reported news in Thailand are mostly unproved and wrong. There are Internet sites, newspapers and news providers, they are give wrong Information to there Readers. They write what they want and they are not care that's the truth or not. They are not care what kind of Damage do to the suspects, to their relatives and to their friends. Few reporters are gangsters well known in night life.

August 10th, 2007, 16:40
Perhaps a nice cup of tea would be a better choice for a drink before posting on this forum.

August 10th, 2007, 16:46
DELETED

August 10th, 2007, 17:36
Perhaps a nice cup of tea would be a better choice for a drink before posting on this forum.

Even the gods lost a fight against stupidity! :clown:

August 10th, 2007, 17:38
Krazy by name, crazy by nature???? :geek:

Sure! Why not, that is the only reason why I am here!!!!! :blackeye:

Blueskytoday
August 10th, 2007, 19:58
Well, that was a wasted 20 seconds of my life reading THIS DRIBBLE.

August 10th, 2007, 20:30
Reported news in Thailand are mostly unproved and wrong. There are Internet sites, newspapers and news providers, they are give wrong Information to there Readers. They write what they want and they are not care that's the truth or not. They are not care what kind of Damage do to the suspects, to their relatives and to their friends. Few reporters are gangsters well known in night life.

So is this post a precursor to something that is about to be published about you?

Marsilius
August 10th, 2007, 22:04
There is a real point hidden here.

Surely it isn't so much that the Thai media give "wrong" information to consumers, so much as they give, on various issues, no information of any worth at all.

All sorts of issues appear to be taboo - from any hint of criticism of the monarchy at one end to anything in the way of an unfavourable review of a restaurant at the other.

Lese majeste laws and others that, as I understand it, make it a criminal offence to injure commercial interests by criticising them - even if the criticism is based on verifiably true facts - mean that the Thai media is pretty toothless.

In what other society would the Pattaya Mail's ghastly Miss Terry Diner be regarded as a serious restaurant critic? Come to think of it, in what other society would the Pattaya Mail be regarded as a real newspaper?

August 10th, 2007, 22:28
Come to think of it, in what other society would the Pattaya Mail be regarded as a real newspaper?

Try the UK where the Sunday Sport, The Sun and The Daily Mail purport to be real newspapers and no doubt with the level of intelligence of their readers for them they are!

Marsilius
August 11th, 2007, 12:27
I don't deny that.

But my point was that Thai law (and social mores?) makes it impossible for the media - right across the board - to report "the full truth".

That is certainly not the situation in the UK, no matter how much some of its publications cater to the lowest common denominator.

August 13th, 2007, 13:10
I don't deny that.

But my point was that Thai law (and social mores?) makes it impossible for the media - right across the board - to report "the full truth".

That is certainly not the situation in the UK, no matter how much some of its publications cater to the lowest common denominator.

Marsilius,

I think you've got a good point.

August 14th, 2007, 01:42
that Thailand has "libel" laws, i.e. if something is said about someone incorrectly, then that could be a major problem for them.

Smiles
August 14th, 2007, 01:47
Well, that was a wasted 20 seconds of my life reading THIS DRIBBLE.
Dribble? Like a baby.
Drivel? Like a krazy post.

Cheers ...

August 14th, 2007, 06:38
that Thailand has "libel" laws, i.e. if something is said about someone incorrectly, then that could be a major problem for them.

Which is why you don't find the rags dishing dirt on important people and doing important 4th estate things like exposing corrupt politicians and policemen. Much easier to pick on poor people shooting each other or committing suicide. They don't fight back.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 14th, 2007, 08:00
while the Internet has given many people access to the truth by-passing partisan news and media outlets..it's also been a boon to spreading mis-truths and lies seemingly without people having recourse .

I actually think the libel laws of Thailand are extremely good but as always can be mis-used. Actually most of the printed press in Thailand is a disgrace-and the manner in which "suspects" are paraded by police and photographed for the media is most shameful and prejudicial..I think I've yet to read that a suspect is alleged to committed an offense.

Aiding them in all this are a variety of western police forces who have local reps urging on Asian police forces which are riddled with corruption. So while they help out Asian top cops or army generals who are responsible for most of the world's hard drugs reaching the west-killing off kids in the thousands-they seek out kiddie fiddlers with missionary zeal and bugger the truth.

People should remember the famous UK comedian who was arrested this way and his career destroyed..but ultimately show to be innocent but not for the want of trying by UK cops teamed with a sleazy British tabloid.

Or the famous science fiction writer in Sri Lanka slandered around the world by a creep Aussie NGO aided by her national cops..later to be shown not only as innocent but his accusers had formed a criminal conspiracy to attempt to have the man charged. As I know this man personally ( and apart from the fact he has been wheel chair bound for over 20 years and crippled from the waist down..unknown by outsiders) there are a dozen UK "journalists" Aussie federal cops and "charity workers breathing great sighs of relief that the great writer and scientist has only just dropped multi-million dollar libel suits against them as at the age of 83 he just wants a peaceful last few years.

Most western countries that have libel laws but which are really confined to the rich because of the horrendous legal costs. In the UK for example-dozens of sleazy tabloids can ruin a person's life although if you are rich-an expensive libel lawyer can turn that into a profitable outcome.

there you are..that's the most informative 60 seconds of your life you wil ever get.

August 14th, 2007, 08:34
...there you are..that's the most informative 60 seconds of your life you wil ever get.

Boy you said it. As a big fan of the "famous science fiction writer who lives in Sri Lanka" I had no idea of any of the stuff you're talking about. Even the fact that he is wheelchair bound!

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 14th, 2007, 10:01
to a major firm currently in pre-production in New Zealand based on one of his most famous books and being directed by and starring a top black actor.

I don't like to mention his name ..even though it's all in the past but it almost destroyed him mentally..but he had the full support of the Sri Lankan government who issued arrest warrants for criminal libel against all involved.

It's believed the original "sting" was begun by a British tabloid in order to embarrass a member of the British Royal Family about to visit him, but it all went haywire as "do-gooders" jumped on-board-particularly one Aussie lady-and began issuing press releases claiming "knowledge".

The man never was involved or ever had an interest in youngsters but has lived with the same Sri Lankan man now for 45 years. Many of his companions relatives-included young nephews , nieces etc live in the writer's rambling and crumbling old seaside house which was sited as "proof"..a good reason why one shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Their undying loyalty during that period saw every extended family member rewarded with their own house and land. And he has had a degenerative disease now for most of his adult life which is why he actually never leaves that paradise (and who would want to ?) and his most charming partner takes care of all his physical needs..bathing, feeding , clothing etc..he is basically an invalid which made the absurd case even more insane.

## those arrest warrants are still current and there are several people that wisely avoid the island paradise..including a few Aussies , 2 British journalists and one British photographer

August 14th, 2007, 10:05
## those arrest warrants are still current and there are several people that wisely avoid Sri Lanka..including a few Aussies , 2 British journalists and one British photographerAre they members of this Forum? They certainly sound like it

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 14th, 2007, 10:13
they would stoop to anything to get a salacious story for the Sunday news.

That's why I always walk around Sunne Plaza disguised as a woman or with a paper bag over my head.

I get completely ignored.

August 14th, 2007, 10:46
[quote. Much easier to pick on poor people shooting each other They don't fight back.

Sorry Kenc????

August 14th, 2007, 10:49
Give me a clue please,

The famous UK comedian who had his career ruined????

August 14th, 2007, 11:39
[quote. Much easier to pick on poor people shooting each other They don't fight back.

Sorry Kenc????

hmmm, badly worded I guess.
I mean that the "news" you get in the Thai tabloids is the stories about people getting shot, robbed, arrested, or commiting suicide which seem to be predominantly poor or at best working class people.
And of course the odd farang jumping out of a window or getting beat up.

August 14th, 2007, 12:31
Kenc,

What you mean is the press picks on the easy targets such as the social problems of the working class Thais, and the Foreigners who often come to an abrupt end in Pattaya, whilst then totally ignoring or not focussing on the problems higher up the social scale/ladder for fear of recriminations!

They've done it forever Kenc.

How many new policies do we hear about and stamping out graft and corruption, which all fade quicker than newspaper print!

Wesley
August 14th, 2007, 13:18
Krazy by name, crazy by nature???? :geek:

Sure! Why not, that is the only reason why I am here!!!!! :blackeye:

So much for me as the forum whipping boy seems I have a challenge for my position.

Wesley :cheers:

August 15th, 2007, 00:38

Sorry Kenc????

hmmm, badly worded I guess.
I mean that the "news" you get in the Thai tabloids is the stories about people getting shot, robbed, arrested, or commiting suicide which seem to be predominantly poor or at best working class people.
And of course the odd farang jumping out of a window or getting beat up.

... being well connected helps ..

You know the difference between the stupid robber and his clever counterpart?

The clever one owns the bank and able to dictate his appearance in media (which is commonly called PR or marketing strategies) …