PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai...

August 8th, 2007, 15:26
Any of you guys stayed at PJ's Guesthouse?
Looking for opinions/feedback.

pronto
August 8th, 2007, 18:48
I stayed there last December for three weeks. Very nice rooms and very good breakfast. Peter and Jiab do an excellent job in hosting. I was quite pleased with the property and the service.

Alaan
August 8th, 2007, 20:42
Aussieal,

I stayed there twice last year in July and October and I preferred it to some of the 4/5 star hotels I have stayed in. Personal attention fom the owners
Jiab and Peter...... from personal airport collection to providing loads of local information. The rooms are exceptional for a 'guesthouse' lovely furniture, everything in excellent condition and lovely crisp bed linen and fluffy towels, and everything is spotless. You are given your own key for your room, so you can come and go as required, lovely garden to sit and have breakfast, or just sit with drink. If you want help/info or some company Jiab and Peter are always on hand, and if you prefer to be left alone to come and go as you please that is no problem either as the owners are not overbearing.

One or two people have commented that it is away from the centre.. eg. Night bazaar area, but the thing about Chiang Mai is that the two main gay areas are about 15 mins from eachother by TukTuk, and if you do stay more Central then you still have to get transport the the many venues in PJ Place area. and vise-versa if you stay to the north of the city beside PJ's you need Tuktuk to get to the centre.

I found it fairly easy to get about in Chiang Mai, on the end of main road off of which PJ is situated there is a Central shopping mall and so there are always loads of TukTuks coming and going, I never took any from directly outside the shopping centre as it seems to be a cartel who won't negotiate prices, so I always just flagged one down with no rip-offs or problems... if one gives to high a price, just flag down the next one.

Personally I wouldn't stay anywhere else now in Chiang Mai when I visit, they don't negotiate prices except sometimes low season discount, but I find the standard price of Bt1500 per night is well worth it. When you go onto www.pjs-place.com (http://www.pjs-place.com) look at the comments in the guest book and you will see many visitors highly recommend it.

billyhouston
August 9th, 2007, 05:16
I can but agree with the previous poster. Having spent 35 nights there over 5 stays between last November and March this year, there is nowhere I would rather stay in Chiang Mai. I'm booked in for 18 nights in November this year and will probably need to increase that. The hospitality of Jiab and Peter is wonderful, the staff are friendly and the place is well maintained. Crisp starched napkins, excellent lighting in the rooms and great shaving mirrors are the icing on the cake.

August 9th, 2007, 10:09
Thank's guys, I can now proceed with my plans.