PDA

View Full Version : Ethiad out of London

thanatorn-old
August 7th, 2007, 11:05
Once again, Thai airways have got lucivrous airfares LHR to BKK. I have good fares ( ┬г200 cheaper) on Ethiad. Any experience of this airline please? Thanks in advance

August 7th, 2007, 12:19
tried westeasttravel ?

Thai have cheap fares with them at times.

http://westeasttravel.com/user/default.asp

August 7th, 2007, 14:29
Once again, Thai airways have got lucivrous airfares LHR to BKK. I have good fares ( ┬г200 cheaper) on Ethiad. Any experience of this airline please? Thanks in advance

Very good airline. Modern aircrafts. Good service. Stop over is good for some shopping.

More details: www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EY.htm (http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EY.htm)

August 7th, 2007, 14:51
Travelled London to Bangkok last October using Etihad. Would thoroughly recommend them. Short stopover in interesting Abu Dhabi Airport. Lots of spare seats on London to Abu Dhabi and Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. New planes too.

August 8th, 2007, 09:10
DELETED

August 8th, 2007, 12:28
I have also traveled with them. Very good, and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.

colmx
August 9th, 2007, 01:32
Bf flew on Etihad's new route from Bkk-AbuDhabi-Dublin last week

He enjoyed the "split" flight aspect of the flights(2 x 6.5 hour flights instead of 2+11 hour flights)

Was also impressed with the new aircraft and service received from the staff. But was unimpressed with the smell from some of the clientele on the first leg!

He found the staff from AbuDhabi-Dublin to me more attentive and the clientele much less offensive on his nose

He also enjoyed the 72 movie-on-demand channels on his seat back screen

His comments have encouraged me to fly Etihad on my next visit

(Ps comments above about smelly customers are from Thai Bf - not from me!)

August 9th, 2007, 02:03
I've travelled with Etihad 3 times Manchester -> BKK. Flights always cheap, service good, new aircraft etc.
I would be very happy to travel with them again.

August 9th, 2007, 05:21
At Xmas, this airline is offering flights at around 580 UK pounds, as opposed to other airlines at double that price, if you can get a direct flight of course, at the moment Thai are charging really high prices for flying at that time of year.

August 10th, 2007, 00:52
Friends of mine also had a good experience flying Ethiad to and from London. However, they are a lot dearer than BA/Qantas from Singapore (about 260 pounds o/w, 480 return including taxes and supplements). Even allowing another 30-40 pounds for a flight from singapore to bankok, that seems to be the cheapest route by a long way at the moment, and you can also fly direct from singapore to many other destinations in Thailand. I would go for BA rather than Qantas though. Service on the Air Asia flight from Sinapore to Bangkok was miles better than on the qantas flight from london. BA aren't great, but at least they serve more than one drink on the 12 hour flight!

August 10th, 2007, 01:47
BA aren't great

You can say that twice. I will never, ever grace their aisles again.

I was almost thrown off a flight a couple of years ago because I objected to my legitimate carry-on baggage being removed from the bin above me to someplace unknown so that a passenger in a higher classes' enormous carry-on could be accomodated.

I understand that there has recently been a lost baggage mountain at 'eefrow. No wonder the toffs won't check the stuff in.

BA seem unaware we have a choice.

August 10th, 2007, 11:13
DELETED

August 10th, 2007, 18:33
... but how soon I don't know. You will see the Fly Asia Express Long Haul taking off, using Malaysia as its hub. Richard Branson has bought a 20% stake in it, and the first flights next month are to Australia.

I think they are also introducing a "business type" class, certainly on the routes to London, now I suspect this class will be a lot cheaper than business class on major airlines and might be an idea to fly from London to KL business class cheaply, then onward to BKK - however, I suspect when these cheap fares do arrive, there will be some competition from other airlines. Thai airways at the moment seem to have it all, whenever you get their flights they are always packed, even though their planes are not really up to date.