PDA

View Full Version : Was this the revenge of the Drag Queens

Wazza
August 6th, 2007, 17:19
Seeing the drag fraternity has been getting bad press lately I felt compelled to go to The Three Divas at The Cafe Royale last night and a throughly enjoyable night it was with Khun Tui's debut in drag and Madame Jim at the microphone singing in the style of the dear departed Marlene. So my thanks to Ronnie, Tui, and Jim for a great night please keep it up I for one will be there.

PinkSilom
August 6th, 2007, 17:32
Sadly I didn't get to see the show. Wazza, when you say 'Khun Tui'. do you mean the amazing Khun Toi who regularly performs after eleven o'clock in the Caf├й Royale's Piano Bar? I am a huge fan of Jim from Boyz Boyz Boyz, and have seen Ronnie Summers many times. I wouldn't rave about Ronnie's 'stand up', but he more than makes up for that with his voice. I do hope the Three Divas will perform again. Bravo Boyztown!

Wazza
August 6th, 2007, 17:43
My apologies yes Toi not Tui

PinkSilom
August 6th, 2007, 17:45
Thanks Wazza. I would love to have seen Toi in drag.

PinkSilom
August 6th, 2007, 19:04
Don't forget that Jordan Rivers will entertaining us in Boyztown on 17th August. You may have seen Jordan Rivers on the BBC's 'Escape to the Sun'. I'm sure she'll find the audiences in Pattaya just as appreciative as those in Spain.

lonelywombat
August 6th, 2007, 19:34
Don't forget that Jordan Rivers will entertaining us in Boyztown on 17th August..

Come on pinksilom we are all friends here

Which bar are you promoting in Boyztown. Dont be coy.

August 6th, 2007, 19:38
Don't forget that Jordan Rivers will entertaining us in Boyztown on 17th August. How's the Work Permit application coming along?

PinkSilom
August 6th, 2007, 19:38
I am 'promoting' Jordan Rivers who will be performing at Oscars in Boyztown.

August 6th, 2007, 19:42
I am 'promoting' Jordan Rivers who will be performing at Oscars in Boyztown.And what makes you believe that that by-passes the need for a Work Permit? There is no nexus between payment and work for a Work Permit to be required. Even Westerners performing voluntary work in Thailand, for charities, require a Work Permit to do so legally

PinkSilom
August 6th, 2007, 19:49
I do apologise homitern. My response was to lonely wombat, as I had omitted to mention where in Boyztown we could see Jordan Rivers. I wasn't making a comment on the need for a work permit.

According to the promotional literature, this event is being held to raise money for the Camillian Social Centre Rayong. I had absolutely no idea that work permits were required to perform at this or any other charity event that is held. Although, it is a very interesting point that you raise. Thank you.

August 6th, 2007, 19:54
I have absolutely no idea whether work permits are required to perform at this or any other charity event that is held. Although, it is a very interesting point that you raise. Thank you.I should point out that, as usual, I am not advocating complying with this or indeed any other law. That is always a voluntary act, and I've certainly indulged in more "criminal" activity than I care to remember, as an avid cottager in my youth, and a persistent customer of prostitutes in Thailand and elsewhere

PinkSilom
August 6th, 2007, 20:11
Thankfully, I'm just part of an appreciative audience, so the intricacies of the immigration laws are none of my concern. Although, I sincerely hope that nobody ever gets his or her knuckles rapped for performing at these charity events. That would be a great loss to the charities and to the gay community.