View Full Version : chiang mai report

Aunty
August 6th, 2007, 16:48
Interesting report, Bill, thanks for posting it. What did the player-boy do when he was slugged in the mouth by your guide?

August 6th, 2007, 16:50
The trick these days to getting where you want to go like the Lotus is to carry the phone number with you and have a cell phone. That way you can dial the number and have the driver talk to the desk people who can give directions. Should have checked the night market area for a couple smaller cruisier bars. I think from the sounds of your trip report you are doing everything on the cheap and you are getting what you pay for.

Dodger
August 6th, 2007, 17:15
I agree...

I went there once for a 2 night stay and found it boring. Fortunately, I was able to find a boy who was my style lounging at Coffee Boys Gogo, which I believe is now closed. The other areas I visited seemed dismal - with the gay boys being in short demand.

Now...the outlying villages, that's a different story. You'd have better luck finding someone interesting just wandering around the markets in some of those small towns. Or just have your Guide drive you out to a local waterfall on a hot afternoon...and take your camera along.

Mai pen rai

Thai_Faen-old
August 6th, 2007, 19:53
The ones i saw had leather beaten skin with no front teeth.

Surely you don't look at the mantel piece when you poke the fire.

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time in C M, put it down to experience... like going into Tesco's at 7 p.m. and finding all the fresh meat has gone.

Thai_Faen :bounce:

Wesley
August 6th, 2007, 21:34
nevertheless,I guess my Luck was better boys were 18 to 25 and those mountain boys fuck you until the bathroom door almost falls off so yes it was a good ride. must be the season I had a great time time. The college kids were the absolute best looking things walking the earth in Chaing Mai. be sure to leave a few Baht for the Monks at the temple and do look around the city was beautiful to me.

TrongpaiExpat
August 6th, 2007, 21:34
I don't know exactly when or why but the Chiang Mai Tuk-Tuk drivers have changed for the worse. Back several years ago, late 90's anyway, they used to be friendly, knew all the streets, and did not overcharge. Now they all seem to know little and try to charge as much as they can get away with.

August 6th, 2007, 23:21
Tourism is so down in chaing mai the drivers are trying to make up for it by charging higher prices. I personally find Chiang Mai the best place to be for retirement. I love the night market area the old gates and the mountains that surround the city. The park near the univeristy and zoo is teaming with college guys and they are very friendly and love to sit an chat with you. There are more real stunners there than any other place in thailand. rentals are cheaper than Bkk. the night life not as in your face as pattaya but onece you know the city there are plenty of places to go. Central Mall is a good cruise place and the top floor attracts a lot of guys looking to hook up. There is also another mall known for pickups with cars just pulling up and guys just jumping in. Best in afternoons.

August 7th, 2007, 00:31
as you say luvthai, there plenty off places to go if you know. In fact if you search something else than go go bars boys, Cm is one of the best places to go for a gay in Thailand. I only met nice guys and even if I don't want to be a cheapo, I only payed for sex 1 time out of 5. They were all so nice to me even if my reputation amongst the guys I met, they all know each other, is not the best, to much butterflying. but no hard feelings. Even the one who asked for money did it in a very cute way, after making love and sleeping together he asked in the morning "would you mind if i ask for some support". I will for sure go back in November, I am looking forward to see my new friends, and I am sure we will all have a great time.

Bob
August 7th, 2007, 03:32
I agree with Hansi and Luvthai's comments.

The only thing I recognized or could sympathize with in billyboy's reports were his comments about the tuk tuk drivers as they are a tough bunch in Chiangmai (on more than one occasion, I've walked miles instead of paying their occasionally exhorbitant prices).

August 7th, 2007, 11:32
My time in Chiang Mai goes back to the days of the Ole Macho Bar (how I miss that place) and stayng at the Chatree (now Chiang Mai Gate). I remember walking back from The Central Mall and having a really cute boy following me and just before walking past the Petrol station he passes me and motions for me to follow him, well the view was even better from the back than the front so I followed him into the restroom at the station and then around the back into the bushes. It was some of the best sex and lead to a couple of hott nights with him and his brother. I still on occassion see him but he now has a family but always tries to see that I find someone nice. The guys there just seem so much more friendly and like the sex. I usally will hire one with a bike to kinda be on call when i want to go places.

Gaypattayan
September 4th, 2007, 10:29
Dreaded Ned's Web site contains the following:

Come-On Place
157 Road
Phone: (0) 5327 - 8936 Fax: (0) 5328 -2541
Located near Suan Prung Gate and the Flower Festival Park. Spacious rooms, aircon, mini-bar, tv, coffee pot, internet access, hot shower, very gay-friendly. Rooms 650-800 Baht, ask for room NOT facing disco.

I regret I didn't get a card or anything from them, but as I recall, the name is Come In Place and it is a remarkably friendly place, extremely helpful in letting you know what is going on. Shows are NOT dead in Chiang Mai, just not so publicly promoted, and the guys at Come In Place can tell you good places to eat, good places to visit, and where you can find what you want.

What pleased me was it was located just inside the wall, and was easily found, and easy to get to and out from. That is a major accomplishment in the Chiang Mai area, unfortunately. This place apparently does very little advertising, and I had intended writing them up -- I was very favorably impressed -- but before i got around to writing it up and publicizing it a little, I wound up with my own problems and gave up the website.

Incidentally, I think the guys putting out the pgreport are doing a fantastic job of it. If you haven't seen it, check out www.pgreport.com (http://www.pgreport.com) , and sign up for their mailing list. They don't write as much as I liked to do, but they still have great photos, bring you the announcements from the bars and pubs with special events, etc..

Allen (G.P.)

September 4th, 2007, 16:28
Cheap Charlie syndrome.......spell check wouldn't hurt either!

September 4th, 2007, 19:41
Well if ya talking about cheap charlie i can assure you the SCOTCH are the worst for deep pockets !

Scotch comes in a bottle ya silly old, demented poof!

September 6th, 2007, 01:15
Any one know anything about Ruby Munro's show?

CABARET OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS
Simon Cabaret closed its doors July 31, 2007. Offering a smaller and more unusual experience, however, is the new MunroтАЩs showbar which has taken over the premises of what was Down Under atop Nimmanhaemin Soi 11(B2). Headed by Ruby Munro, an English drag queen, and a troupe of talented university students, there is no cover charge. Open daily except Monday from 5pm-midnight. Tel: 053-895-209. www.rubymunro.com (http://www.rubymunro.com).

from: http://www.nancychandler.net/product_up ... ertainment (http://www.nancychandler.net/product_update.asp?pId=12#Entertainment)

krobbie
September 8th, 2007, 10:45
Well if ya talking about cheap charlie i can assure you the SCOTCH are the worst for deep pockets !

I know I'm setting myself up for a scathing reply but SCOTCH is something you drink. Scots are the folk who live in Scotland, admittedly, with deeeeep pockets.

Okay ... I'm ready for ya wx40afp. Be a liitle sympathetic ... I'm new here.

cheers
K.

September 8th, 2007, 19:52

I know I'm setting myself up for a scathing reply but SCOTCH is something you drink. Scots are the folk who live in Scotland, admittedly, with deeeeep pockets.

Okay ... I'm ready for ya wx40afp. Be a liitle sympathetic ... I'm new here.

cheers
K.

I appreciate your correct observation the natives of Scotland are often abbreviated to Scot's.
I dispute the deep pockets label, as I am generally overly generous especially in Thailand and I have been scolded by many for this abberation.
As for being worried about what WX40 says or thinks......Don't give the obnoxious old Sydney slapper another thought. He seems to feel that his words are important to someone in this world, that comes with insecurity and dementia, he is more to be pitied than derided.
Welcome to the board.