PDA

View Full Version : Some Travel Tips Wanted For Singapore

August 5th, 2007, 08:43
Hi Everybody!

I have plans to spend four days in Singapore, as part of a vacation, in October, for fun and pleasure. My sister has a condo in Singapore, and I already have my plane tickets. What I want are some suggestions about what to visit, and where the gay people hang out.

This will be a low-budget trip this time, so I'm looking for inexpensive entertainment (which could include museums, theatre, zoos, nightclubs, or other places).

I understand there's a good public transit system, which I plan to use, and other means of getting around.

I'll appreciate any comments about experiences other travellers have had, while in Singapore.

Thanks!

Bob
August 5th, 2007, 09:50
I don't have a clue about the gay places (was there with my bf so we didn't look around for that) but we really enjoyed the cable car ride out to Sentosa Island. I'd suggest planning on at least 6-8 hours the trip to and exploration of Sentosa.
As concerns the main city, I liked Chinatown the best....and we skipped the eight billion very expensive shops all over the place.
The night safari is fantastic. Jarong Bird Park was pretty decent too.

August 5th, 2007, 16:28
Watch you don't drop your fagends or chewing gum on the street. Such minor offences and a lot more besides attract the sort of punishment meted out to the poor guy in the 'Ouch' thread on the other forum !

August 5th, 2007, 16:58
Number one hotspot presently is
The Powerhouse, St James Power Station on 3 Sentosa Gateway.

More information (ok, but usually not always accurate) here: www.utopia-asia.com/tipssing.htm (http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipssing.htm)

It’s all pending what you’re looking for … SG is a fascinating gay destination.

Bob
August 5th, 2007, 20:04
We're not mind readers, you know.

A mindless reader, perhaps. Ever heard of Google, you idiot (or should I say geenyus)?