PDA

View Full Version : Where do all the boys go!

Irish1972
August 4th, 2007, 15:05
Hi there,

Have not visited Thailand since last Christmas and I am just gearing up for a 3 week stay in Septmeber :bounce: . My question is, where do all the boys go after work, I used to love "Hollywood" and I am wondering is there a similar club that has taken over since Hollywood closed?

Thanks in advance!

PinkSilom
August 4th, 2007, 16:00
Since Hollywood closed, I have noticed a lot more trade in the Caf├й Royale when the bars have closed.

August 4th, 2007, 18:35
There are some late karaoke bars, there is the still popular X-Zyte, and Maya (more fem) and increasingly popular is X-Ray (more butch).

But most of them are simply going home after work.

Smiles
August 4th, 2007, 21:36
Since Hollywood closed, I have noticed a lot more trade in the Caf├й Royale when the bars have closed.
Gosh PinkSilom, you'd say anything on the Board attempting to get business into the Cafe Royale/Ambience/BoyzBoyz/Throb soi, wouldn't you?
The word "shill" comes to mind.

No idea whether boys-off-work gather en masse at Cafe Royale after hours . . . but I highly doubt it.

Cheers ...

Alaan
August 5th, 2007, 04:01
Irish 1972,
From experiences on my last visit in July as well as the comments from Thai friends.. it seems that there is no one particular place that has taken over from Hollywood, as there seems to be no after hours venue as large. Xyte tends to finish round about 2-2.30am, so what I found was that there were many smaller places that the boys rotated round depending on what took their fancy on a particular night.

Xray seemed the most popular choice, and I visited on 4 occasions.. to me the set-up, vibe, music, shows and crowd was exactly the same as Maya[which i did not visit on this trip] in its heyday, although the place seemed slightly smaller than Maya.. [although it is hard to tell with Xray when packed to capacity as it was on the nights I went]. The only minus [for some] is that it is so far from Boystown/daynight area... but I just used motocys with no problems with the 10 min ride. I also found the waiters at Xray to be very friendly and flirty. Also....for those who don't realise.. there is an upper floor to Xray from which you can look down on the dance floor [a-la-DJ station], and some of the crowd were using it to cruise/make contact.

The group of boys I know [some of whom work in the bars, some not] when they are finished their work for the night went to any from the following list-
X-Ray, JJ Pub, JJ Karaoke, T&T, Si Saket Karaoke, HotMale karaoke/dancebar, Sundance dance bar, Tawang Daeng [red sun] karaoke/dance bar which is just off the market ground as you turn onto Soi Bokow from 2nd Road, it has Karaoke on the upper floor and quite a large dance area on the ground floor from about 2am on until early hours 5-6am, as well as numerous small karaoke joints all over South Pattaya mostly around Soi Bokow/day-night area.

If anyone has come across any larger late night venues where the boys congregate... please advise.

August 5th, 2007, 11:07
as ttom said, most of the boys go home--as they have wives, girlfriends, babies awaiting their return. I have seen some of the ladyboy/fem types gather at places in the past--perhaps still looking for customers, so if that is your type, then you may be in luck.

The places that have been popular over the years include Stardice Disco (or the lads used to just call it Dice) or Duck Pub or there was a place called 7-hole (or something like that) off Soi Bukao back when that soi was empty and had very little development, that seemed quite popular and then there was for a short while a dance/music place downstairs of Centril Condo (and there was a boy bar near there that catered mainly to Thai women, ladyboys, etc)--anyone else remember any of these places or others??? Of course, Hollywood has been very popular over the years, then X-Zite as well--but now many just go home or to some karaoke place--there are so many small pubs/karoke places all over if the lads after work enjoy just going there with some friends (can share expenses) and sing a few songs and drink and then go home and sleep all day. Places like X-zyte are still considered quite expensive, in comparison, to a small karoke club, for the lads--so unless they have a farang "sponsor" or a large group, most will not go.

Supposedly, there is a new hollywood being built back behind the big C in north pattaya or, at least, that is what several lads who loved the old hollywood told me??

Irish1972
August 5th, 2007, 13:44
Thanks for the info guys, cannot wait to get there! If anyone is around I will be staying in my usual haunt...Chateau Dale (Thai Bali) and will be lurking around there, I have a Thai phone, but I'll be damned if I can ever remember the number. Will try and get it before I go and post it up.

thanks again

colmx
August 5th, 2007, 19:44
Bf telles me that DJ station Pattaya was due to open last night...
He is in Ireland now - so maybe his info is not completely up to date

DJ Station will be lcated on Soi Bunkot, next to Cham Buffet
Quite close to Si Saket Karaoke

I'm pretty sure any of the Thai boys will know where it is!
Was anybody there last night?