PDA

View Full Version : Asian Moon Cafe Charity Day - 40,585 baht raised - Thank You

travelerjim
August 4th, 2007, 13:32
Hello Friends,

My apology for not having this information to post
about the successful Asian Moon Cafe Charity Day until this morning....
all day yesterday I was at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital helping care for a dear farang friend.

I stopped by the Asian Moon Cafe on Friday evening and was greeted by Darren, one of the business partners
and he asked if I would kindly post this message:

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Owners & Staff of the Asian Moon Cafe wish to thank all who joined in making their First Charity Day a success on August 1st.

A total of 40,585 baht was raised and will be equally shared by the two charities: the Camillion Center in Rayong and the Pattaya Orphanage.

Of the total, there were sales totaling 29,585 baht for the day, plus 3,500 baht in tips
and added donations of 7,500 baht received from anonymous donors who wanted to make an extra special gift.

We appreciate the fact that many customers came to the restaurant on Wednesday evening during a blustery,
windy night in South Pattaya - Jomtien beach area with light rain showers; and we know there were others
who had planned on coming who chose to stay safely in their homes.

We thank all of you for your kind patronage and your good wishes during our business start up
during these past two months; and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Asian Moon Cafe
for our breakfast or dinner buffets, or to enjoy a good coffee or tea.....or snack.

If you are in our Jomtien Complex area - please stop by and say Hello :-)

Again - Our charities for the day were the Pattaya Orphanage Trust
and the Camillion Centre in Rayong - each will receive an equal share of the money....

On Friday August 3rd, we visited the Camillion Centre in Rayong and
presented them with their share of the Charity Day and we will visit the Pattaya Orphanage in the coming days.

Thank you for your support and friendship, and special thanks to our kind waiter staff
for their donating 100% of their tips for this day...truly remarkable persons they all are :-)

Darren, Somjit, Trevor and Noon
and Staff of Asian Moon Cafe - Jomtien Complex

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Darren for your report and may I add my personal Thank You
for your Charity Day event to benefit two fine charities.

Best Wishes for your continued success at Asian Moon Cafe ....

TravelerJim

August 4th, 2007, 22:27
very well done to all involved. thats a good amount!

Dick
August 5th, 2007, 04:35
Very credit worthy. A Jolly Well Done and Thank You to the owners and staff of Asian Moon, and to the customers that supported the event. Jai Dee Mak Mak... or something like that. B R A V O !

When you come to think of it and a 100% donation from the venue, the more customers who turn up, the greater the loss and donation from Asian Moon. It really is a charity event in all sense of the word. I applaud you.

August 5th, 2007, 12:51
I agree. Congratulations.
Also, it goes to show that being truly charitable is also good for business. Your cafe has now built much stronger name recognition and good will, and will benefit commercially from this publicity. Not a bad thing at all.