PDA

View Full Version : Claudio at Brunos - superb Italian cuisine

August 3rd, 2007, 11:44
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/bruno_pgf_dinner.jpg

My friend and I were sure that Claudio would be 'more than comfortable' helping host a Gay Festival Dinner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest chef again at BrunoтАЩs
by Miss Terry Diner - Pattaya Mail

ItтАЩs that time of year again, when enterprising restaurateur Fredi Schaub of BrunoтАЩs Restaurant and Wine Bar imports a European chef to refresh the taste buds of the Pattaya gourmets. Following on from the success of the last two years (chefs Luca Messina and Peter Marti), Fredi has this time brought over chef Claudio Forti, who has been showing his culinary expertise since August 1 and will stay at BrunoтАЩs until August 31.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/c-d1-731.jpg

Remembering wonderful culinary treats from his previous chefs, it was with much expectation that the Dining Out Team accepted FrediтАЩs invitation to meet chef Claudio, and to try some of the different dishes that he has brought with him.
We are presuming that surely everyone in Pattaya knows where BrunoтАЩs is located, but just in case... it is on the left side coming down Thappraya Road, about half way between the Nirvana Place at the top of the hill and Thepprasit Road near the bottom. There are ongoing roadworks, but the car park attendant will show you that there is more than adequate parking alongside the restaurant, as well as at the front.
Again, for any newcomer who has not dined at BrunoтАЩs Restaurant and Wine Bar, it is one of PattayaтАЩs elite fine dining restaurants, with the service and d├йcor that you would expect of an establishment of this caliber.

Need we say more?
To fully appreciate this new visiting chefтАЩs culinary efforts, it does help to know something of the man. Claudio Forti is a proud Piedmontese, a man who decided to go into the worldтАЩs kitchens to follow the direction given him by his maternal grandmother, herself a superb cook. Like all passionate Italian chefs he is only too happy to discuss the merits of Italian cheeses over the тАШinferiorтАЩ products from France and Australia, and, given time, would be pleased to educate his listeners on the differences in the 200 types of extra-virgin olive oil. тАЬWe donтАЩt use olive oil, we use extra-virgin olive oil!тАЭ This man is a perfectionist in the kitchen.
We began with some starters, first off a Piedmont flan of Parmesan and green asparagus. The flan was particularly good. It is difficult to get a good flan and most restaurants are afraid of this delicate dish, but Claudio is not. Since savory flans originated in Italy, this might be the reason. Despite the asparagus not being exactly like Italian asparagus (according to Claudio), this dish had a wonderful meld of flavors, and I liked it very much. Our other starter was a blue fin tuna and rock lobster with a mango salad. This had everything - taste, flavors and textures. A great introduction to his Italian style of cooking.....

Full article http://www.pattayamail.com/current/dining.shtml

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsolicited

I dined there last evening with a good friend and we were delighted with the offerings. Virtually the whole menu is by Claudio. The Piedmont flan of Parmesan and asparagus was much as Terry describes above, flan is used in the American way meaning a set egg custard as opposed the English was of a tart with pastry. My friend had an intense mushroom soup topped with a parmesan cup of sauteed mushroom - he was cooing with delight. Deep fried Ozzie lamb cutlets were a triumph, trimmed of all fat and with the thinnest coating of fine breadcrumbs cooked still just pink in the middle and served over a spinach salad on a pizza bread - Breast of duck was cooked to perfection and served with a fine sauce, crushed potatoes with cheese and fresh beans. An excellent Panna Cote paled when tasted next to the sumptious Zabaglione ices. Freddi offers an off list distinctive pudding wine - a Chilean Moscatel which is a delight, well balanced sweetness and acidity. A truly memorable meal and service as ever at Bruno's was deft and attentive.

Claudio circulated and chatted at the tables. He speaks very good English and is quite a charmer. He teaches in the Winter and works in Hotels during the Summer. He seems to be enjoying himself in Thailand very well indeed.

Bruno's Reservations 038 364 600

jinks
August 3rd, 2007, 19:43
Thank You TeePee.

I had asked about this in another thread.

Smiles
August 3rd, 2007, 22:13
What did Boygeenyus say that was so terrible?
Why did you ban him?
What Board Guideline violation was broken, and which one states that the punishment is to get banned? ( Board Guidelines are here if you haven't read them lately: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... t6259.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-rules-and-guidelines-t6259.html) )

Cheers ...

jinks
August 3rd, 2007, 23:15
Surprise surprise....

I am surprised that it took you so long to carp in.

Try reading the View Talay 7 thread.