PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Session - What's That?

Dodger
August 1st, 2007, 06:02
This is a test message.

Every time I attempt to respond to a post I keep getting this message..."Invalid Session". Does anyone have any idea what's going on, or am I just having another one of those "bad computer moments."???

elephantspike
August 1st, 2007, 06:52
It usually means that you need to log in again.

August 1st, 2007, 07:18
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/padlom/errormessage.jpg

Wesley
August 1st, 2007, 09:01
I get the same message with spelling cow occasionally and just post It like it is

August 1st, 2007, 10:25
You can stop it happening by using preview first, then submit

Impulse
August 5th, 2007, 05:25
It still happens after I hit preview,sometimes it works like this post.Its a pain,ive lost some good post because of this problem.Sometimes ill copy and paste it back and that works. :bonedemon:

Smiles
August 5th, 2007, 05:38
It still happens after I hit preview,sometimes it works like this post.Its a pain,ive lost some good post because of this problem.Sometimes ill copy and paste it back and that works.
Good idea. The WWW being the WWW ... bad and/or inexplicable things happen every so often. Whenever I write a longish or 'involved' message I copy&paste it into NOTEPAD or WORD after finishing it ... "just in case". I've been burned on this before, and it's frustrating.

On the other hand, if I lose a rude or snarky quickie reply I just forget about it: sometimes the Board does it's own automatic "sober second thoughts". :blackeye:

Cheers ...

Impulse
August 5th, 2007, 08:59
lol,your right Smiles,Getting an invalid message and not bothering to rewrite the intended message is probably doing the board a great service in my case,some of my post are crap and after sending some replies I just cringe at what I wrote and wish I could erase it. But copying it is worth it if its a long post. I spent a good half hour one day trying to write a creative post that was worth everyones time to read,only to lose it.

bucknaway
August 5th, 2007, 09:19
My friend was telling me that he is not able to view the board on the same day that Dodger posted about his problem. He says he has to switch to Netscape to view the board.

August 6th, 2007, 00:11
I always get that message, but it does post successfully the next time I submit, when I'm on a 'clear' connection (no circumventer sites in use). Always compose in a notepad window when on a blocked connection over circumventer as the frustrating loss of posts often occurs for LOTS of reasons. It is pretty frustrating.

I bet ESP's posting.php is the most bandaged on earth already!

Smiles
August 6th, 2007, 01:36
" ... doing the board a great service in my case,some of my post are crap and after sending some replies I just cringe at what I wrote and wish I could erase it ... "
No kidding! I've done a lot of cringing over the years and have regretted things I've written. But, ones words are ones words and one needs to take responsibility for them.

But, in the case of egregious and guilt-inducing hurtfullness (intended or not) one can easily erase the offense by the following 2 methods:

(1) if your post is the last post in a thread AND has not yet been replied to . . . you'll find a little red "DELETE" button up in the top right corner of your message. Just hit that, and voila, your post goes straight down Winston Smith's incinerator. However, once another post from another author appears, the delete button disappears.

(2) if no delete button is available (because of above), the just go back into your post and edit out everything, leaving it blank except for some words like "Please delete" and the Mods will come along (sooner or later) and rid the world of any sign that it existed.

Cheers ...

Dodger
August 6th, 2007, 06:12
Well..let's just try this again!

Dodger
August 6th, 2007, 06:21
Well, tie me up and thrash me with a thousand slippery tongues..it finally worked.

I swear, Boy Special must have hexed my laptop when we broke up with that ghost that he used to see floating around our room.

Maybe I should construct one of those "spirit temples".