PDA

View Full Version : Phuket Info

July 31st, 2007, 19:18
Planning my next trip and wanted to stay about a week in Phuket before moving on to Sin City for the rest of my holiday. Been to Patong Beach before but just for two nights.

Anyone any info on the Rendez Vous hotel (adjacent to/just behind the Paradise complex)? Have looked at their website and it seems suitable but wanted some feedback from anyone who has stayed there.

Also/alternatively anyone know of a gay (or gay friendly) hotel/spa resort WITH SWIMMING POOL (room-rate up to 2000 THB per night incl taxes), preferably within EASY walking distance of the Paradise complex?

Thanks in advance for any info given.

July 31st, 2007, 22:18
Not sure that the Rondezvous has a swimming pool, front rooms can be noisy if that bothers you..but OK and not expensive. Royal Paradise Hotel is very good, great swimming pool and breakfast, if booked through one of the agencies (Asia Rooms) then you can get a good double room for about 1100 bht. Not sure what the 'joiners' policy is, they do ask for the name of your 'partner' at check in, I just say he will be joining me later. Keep your key and just walk past reception, I've never been asked to pay any extra for a boy there. C@ N Hotel just a short walk from Paradise complex is fine but no swimming pool at about 700 bht a night, no problems with joiners as long as they leave there id at the desk. PM me if you need any more specific info.

July 31st, 2007, 22:32
Planning my next trip and wanted to stay about a week in Phuket before moving on to Sin City for the rest of my holiday. Been to Patong Beach before but just for two nights.

Anyone any info on the Rendez Vous hotel (adjacent to/just behind the Paradise complex)? Have looked at their website and it seems suitable but wanted some feedback from anyone who has stayed there.

Also/alternatively anyone know of a gay (or gay friendly) hotel/spa resort WITH SWIMMING POOL (room-rate up to 2000 THB per night incl taxes), preferably within EASY walking distance of the Paradise complex?

Have a look at : http://www.bluedolphinphuket.com/ swimming pool is inside the hotel !

I stay there next jan and feb

August 1st, 2007, 01:40

The Rendez Vouz is a very lovely hotel with excellent rooms, all in all a very good standard. One of the best around. There is no pool. Since many years the Rendez Vouz hotel is owned by an friendly gay French man. He also rents out reliable vehicles at fair prices.

Pool is just around the corner at the Blue Dolphin or Aquarius Sauna. Rooms at Blue Dolphin or Aquarius are OK but no as nice as Rendez Vouz.

Blue Dolphin is managed by an friendly Belgium gay. For guest rooms you need to clime um some steps.

Supervisor and I found the rooms at Aquarius too expensive for what it is and somewhat dump. Therefore we changed to the Rendez Vous as soon as there was a room vacant. Before we used to stay at Connect which I prefer and I still stay there always if I am on my own. But for supervisor it's either the Rendez Vouz or nothing; he isn’t much found of Phuket anyway.

Royal Paradise Hotel caters mainly for Chinese tour groups. It's fair but not really gay friendly.

Don’t miss the boat trip to Kho Khai, organised by Connect Guest House. It’s really a brilliant way to spend nice day out and making friends. It’s open for everybody but booking is requirend. Ulf and B├╢rtje from Connect are great hosts.

August 1st, 2007, 04:37
Blue Dolphin is managed by an friendly Belgium gay.

IS NOT ! The owner is from Swiss and the manager is " William " him French Vietnamese ! His boyfriend is Kim and Thai ! What this has to do whit Belgium ? Kim did stay long time in Belgium ! How i knoes ? Kim did stay in my home all that time. :flower:

and sure ... all Belgians are friendly ! :clown:

Kim in brugge !

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/160697147546afb2d7ad581.jpg

Kim and baziel

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/125247801046afb3042bf32.jpg

Cheers !

neddy3
August 1st, 2007, 06:27
I also agree with ttom and others, that the Rendezvous Hotel is a good choice for a place to stay. The rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable. I have stayed there several times in the past, and by chance, am about to visit again next week.

Room prices at this time of year are a good deal. The owner Patrick is friendly and helpful.

The location suits me; right near all the bars etc but removed just enough to be away from noise.

There is no pool, but I am sure there are pools very nearby, which one can arrange to use for a small fee.

lonelywombat
August 1st, 2007, 09:46
As no one had posted a link to Rendezvous here it is

http://www.boontarika.com/

I too would like info from people who have stayed there.

Connect is too public and noisy for me to stay there again

if you look at the map on the link, look for the immigration offices next to the beach.

This is the location of the gay section where the boys play volley ball every afternoon.

Nice and cruisy.

Michael
August 1st, 2007, 15:37
I love K N Guesthouse (http://knphuket.com/) which now has a small pool. It's gay friendly, most of the residents were gay last time I stayed there. Take a look at the rooms at Rendezvous and then compare with K N Guesthouse. The rooms at KN are huge with fantastic bathrooms.
The room rates are, after negotiation, very reasonable.

August 1st, 2007, 16:39
Thanks guys for all the info - much appreciated. It looks at the moment like a toss-up between Blue Dolphin and KN Guesthouse with the latter slight favourite. The Blue Dolphin is just a bit too close to the noise of the Paradise Complex and it also seems to cater equally for German customers - (don't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn, putting my towel out to reserve the best location beside the pool) !!! :geek: . Have emailed both to see what the best offer is for the dates I want to visit.
Cheers :cheers:

August 1st, 2007, 17:06
If you like your pool with sunshine beating down on it, I'd definitely take the KN Guest House.

Boxer
August 1st, 2007, 17:50
Club one seven Patong has a small pool out back by the river and you couldnt ask for better service. If you book ask for a rear room a bit quieter I find.
http://www.cluboneseven.net/

August 1st, 2007, 18:24
Club one seven Patong has a small pool out back by the river and you couldnt ask for better service. If you book ask for a rear room a bit quieter I find.
http://www.cluboneseven.net/
VMT Boxer, stayed in that area on my short visit last time. It is just too far from the 'action' at the complex for my liking, but thanks anyway.

jolyjacktar
August 1st, 2007, 21:50
The white sand resort is my choice, has a nice pool and rooms are large and great. About 2 minutes walk to the beach and not much further to the bars on Bang la road.
Then again i normaly stay with girls in Phukett, hence the bars on Bang la.

August 1st, 2007, 23:11
I too recommend this hotel and regard the continental breakfast served there as the best I've had anywhere in Thailand- particularly the coffee.

August 1st, 2007, 23:16
If you have a problem with joiners' fees, don't stay at Le Meridien, whatever you do. Was there on business recently, and a client took a girl back to his room. He was charged a joiner's fee of 2,500 baht (the room was booked as double, and the price of the room itself was already 3,500 baht/night). To add insult to injury, he was told that his new friend had to be off the property by 7:00 a.m. the next morning.

August 4th, 2007, 03:43
I Stayed at the Rendezvous a year ago.. The owner if friendly.. but I found the other French patrons to be rather rude and unfriendly. It did seem they didn't appreciate an American staying at "Their" hotel. I'll be staying at Connect again this January. Sure its noisey.. but I don't come to Thailand to sleep LOL