PDA

View Full Version : Boy stabs his thai customer in Bangkok short-time hotel

llz
July 29th, 2007, 02:23
On Friday night, a thai man was found dead in a room in Mit Aree hotel, Soi Phahonyothin 7. He had brought a boy there at about 7.45 pm and had rent a room for 3 hours ; as noone had come back at 22.45, the hotel clerk phoned and was told by the boy that another hour was needed. He phoned again at 23.45 and the boy answered angrily that they would spend the whole night, so the clerk went to the room at midnight to collect the money, but noone answered when he knocked at the door. He entered with his own key only to find the thai man lying dead on the bed.
Later in the night someone saw an unknown boy driving the customer's car (a BMW 320) out of the hotel.
The thai man was a 48 y/o assistant district officer in Nonthaburi town ; he used to come about every week with boys (teenagers) that he had picked along gay bars in Soi Aree. Nevertheless the enquiry showed that this boy did not come from a neighbouring bar, but probably from another area in town.
Another night in gay Bangok .....

Full story (in thai) at
www.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9500000088368 (http://www.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9500000088368)

Jetsam
July 29th, 2007, 03:04
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/images/avatars/6769339574658052d704ff.gif

It bugs me , why the dead guy not answered the knocking on his door, maybe he could have give some clues to who his murderer was.

July 29th, 2007, 10:05
Honestly, I kept trying to squish it until I realized it was Ilz's avatar.

note to self: you REALLY have to cut down on the bourbon :drunken:

July 29th, 2007, 20:05
The boys never were impressed by short time rooms.........must be the decor or something?

July 29th, 2007, 22:23
How often do they get murders on the Thai RB scene?
Might have to revise the holiday plans.
J

Smiles
July 29th, 2007, 22:35
" ... How often do they get murders on the Thai RB scene? Might have to revise the holiday plans ... "
Happens daily. I estimate that you would stand at least a one-in-three chance of being brutally murdered by an offed Thai money boy.
I'd stay away if I were you.

Cheers ...

July 29th, 2007, 22:35
How often do they get murders on the Thai RB scene?
Might have to revise the holiday plans.
J

Just treat every boy as a potential killer and you will have a wonderful holiday. :blackknight:

llz
July 29th, 2007, 23:32
The murderer has been arrested this afternoon in Nakhon Sawan province where he was still driving his victim's BMW. He is a boy from Singburi province, aged about 27 y.o.
We still do not know where the boy and his patron met ; it was released that the presumed murderer was a nice-looking tall boy and it was the first time he ever went in the hotel. It seems the lad wanted to steal his john's belongings, and they fought and he stabbed the guy during the fight.
Seems another cute lad will soon enter the Bangkok Hilton ...

BTW I never heard of any gay bar in the Soi Aree area, although there are some "thai for thai" girlie bars overthere ... information anyone ?

July 29th, 2007, 23:37
He is a boy from Singburi province, aged about 27 y.o. Only in his own mind. At 27yo, he's a man

July 30th, 2007, 01:55
The murderer has been arrested this afternoon in Nakhon Sawan province where he was still driving his victim's BMW. He is a boy from Singburi province, aged about 27 y.o.
We still do not know where the boy and his patron met ; it was released that the presumed murderer was a nice-looking tall boy and it was the first time he ever went in the hotel. It seems the lad wanted to steal his john's belongings, and they fought and he stabbed the guy during the fight.

BTW I never heard of any gay bar in the Soi Aree area, although there are some "thai for thai" girlie bars overthere ... information anyone ?

Hi,

If that's what he's done, [as it appears in the newspaper] he deserves to be in the Bangkok Hilton.

I hope for only a short time, as I hope they give him the lethal injection, IF he has removed a life for a short thrill in a BMW.

No matter what his educational standards, which I seem to read a lot and hear as an excuse, it's wrong and he knows it.

I hate reading or knowing about these stories.

llz
July 30th, 2007, 02:44
The customer and the boy had met in Suan Rotfai (which is a nice public park north of town near Jatujak market, where a lot of people go in the evening for running, riding a bike or having a nice time).
I feared they had met in a bar, which would have been quite worrying for potential customers like a few on this board.

July 30th, 2007, 04:34
The boy must be particularly stupid if he murders someone & then drives around in his car, making it easy for the police.

This one should be strung up, or preferably something more babaric.

Aunty
July 30th, 2007, 09:22
........... as I hope they give him the lethal injection, IF he has removed a life for a short thrill in a BMW.

I couldn't agree more! I mean if it were a Rolls Royce or Bentley, or even a Ferrari or Lamborghini I could quite understand it, but a BMW! Outrageous! He was clearly from the provinces.

bucknaway
July 30th, 2007, 09:37
It could be possible that the man asked to be stabbed with that big thing down his pants..... It all probably went wrong when unknown to him the boy had a "Real" knife stuffed down his pants.....

........... as I hope they give him the lethal injection, IF he has removed a life for a short thrill in a BMW.

I couldn't agree more! I mean if it were a Rolls Royce or Bentley, or even a Ferrari or Lamborghini I could quite understand it, but a BMW! Outrageous! He was clearly from the provinces.

TrongpaiExpat
July 30th, 2007, 14:10
He's not from a bar, according to the Thai news accounts. The man met him in Chauchak, bought him some things, and gave him a ride in his BMW. They stopped for gas and he paid with a credit card. The man then took him to the hotel and tried to have anal sex with the boy. The boy said he did not know the man was gay and killed him.

Something like that, rough translation.

BMW= boy magnet wagon

catawampuscat
July 30th, 2007, 15:37
Boys who carry knives are rarely innocent lambs to be taken advantage of by rich men.

The best murder story was the European farang who took two boys home from Jomtien beach
and they murdered him. Beat him on his head and strangled him as I recall and all for a few
thousand baht. The boys were well known in Jomtien and they were caught on the CCTV in one of
the Jomtien View Talay monoliths. One boy got three years and the other a few more years for
the crime.
Note to z909.. don't bring home two boys at the same time as that increases the odds you will be a victim
of at least theft if not worse. Better to stay home and chuck wow than take a chance, I think..... :cat:

July 30th, 2007, 16:20
No matter what his educational standards, which I seem to read a lot and hear as an excuse, it's wrong and he knows it.

Touche. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shake_head.gif

George.

July 30th, 2007, 16:44
The customer and the boy had met in Suan Rotfai (which is a nice public park north of town near Jatujak market, where a lot of people go in the evening for running, riding a bike or having a nice time).
I feared they had met in a bar, which would have been quite worrying for potential customers like a few on this board.

The park is well monitored by security guards patrolling around mainly by cars.

The park is also known as Queens Park, and it’s a lovely one with some very rare plants from all over Thailand. Next to it is the Thailand Centre for children and youth. The park is eycellent for some picknick or taking pictures.

In short walking distance is the notoriously known Chatuchak Park at end of Sky Train Station. This huge park is during late afternoon and evenings popular with Thai cruising Thai and has always been a dangerous ground.

If someone is thinking he could spare some money by picking up someone anonymiously “on the cheap way” he should be prepared to pay some extra, i.e. with his life.

This is a general rule. Similar incidents happened everywhere around the globe.

July 30th, 2007, 16:54

Hi,

If that's what he's done, [as it appears in the newspaper] he deserves to be in the Bangkok Hilton.

Agree, let's have them get some fresh meet there. ... Maybe he can make some money there ... :-) Everybody deserves his chance.

I hope for only a short time, as I hope they give him the lethal injection, IF he has removed a life for a short thrill in a BMW.

Disagree totally. Death penalty is never ever aceeptable.

Agree. But this kind of incidents are part of life and happened everywhere at any time.

BTW: Police efficency has improved a lot recently. The new trainings and technologies given to Lat Phrao special units are paying off. .

llz
July 30th, 2007, 18:09
Update and pictures here
www.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9500000088670 (http://www.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9500000088670)

July 30th, 2007, 18:15
Hi ttom,

You certainly don't want to meet him, if the stories are correct.

We all differ on capital punishment, and that is a different debate but I think if someone has done this, giving no respect for the life of a fellow human, then "Live by the sword, die by it"

Guys, If a 48 year old man goes buying you things in the shops or market, whom you don't know, offers you a ride in his BMW, takes you to a Hotel, you don't have to be "Educated Archie" to see what is coming next.

He wasn't 16 years old, He was 27!

Then, he delays twice, according to reports, from allowing reception to come upstairs.

They seem,[ his actions] pretty much premeditated, to me.

Aunty
July 30th, 2007, 19:07
Just as a quick aside Kevin, how often is the death penalty actually carried out in Thailand for murder? Is it common or are death penalty sentences commuted to life imprisonment by the King? Given that this guy murdered what appears to be a senior civil servant do you think he will be given the death sentence because of that, or will he be given life because he topped a homo paying for sex?

July 30th, 2007, 20:22
I saw the photos and he is a nice looking man. I'd off him if he worked in a bar. In the three years I lived in Bangkok I don't think I picked up a guy on the streets more than once or twice. I really like the bar system there. It makes things so much safer.

I still can't get over the way the police make the alleged criminals "pose" for photos showing how they commiteed the crime. AND the fact that the criminals actually pose for the photos!!!

ajarntrade
Now appearing in Mexico City

July 30th, 2007, 21:11
Just as a quick aside Kevin, how often is the death penalty actually carried out in Thailand for murder? Is it common or are death penalty sentences commuted to life imprisonment by the King? Given that this guy murdered what appears to be a senior civil servant do you think he will be given the death sentence because of that, or will he be given life because he topped a homo paying for sex?

Hi Aunty,

They will probably award the death sentence and commute to life if he admits it immediately and doesn't annoy them.

He will probably certainly obtain sympathy from the courts playing the "silly young victim that had a terrible education and lousy home life and panicked and was scared etc etc"

The judges, I should imagine will call into question his "gullibility" if he tries the above as a means of trying to obtain a very light sentence.

Death penalties used to be handed out swiftly,although not legally, without the need to go to court under the last regime!

Murders of Monks, Policemen and a few other official positions usually carries automatic death sentences, not sure about civil servants.

Regards ajarntrade,

That's a very easy answered one.

They would beat the hell out of him if he didn't do exactly as the Police tell him regards the reconstruction of the offence, and then the prosecutor would say he had been wholly un-coperative with the investigation, to obtain a severe sentence.

July 30th, 2007, 23:54
Regards ajarntrade,

That's a very easy answered one.

They would beat the hell out of him if he didn't do exactly as the Police tell him regards the reconstruction of the offence, and then the prosecutor would say he had been wholly un-coperative with the investigation, to obtain a severe sentence.

I read with interest what you had to say above Kevin, with regard to the police getting the accused to carry out the reconstruction of the offence they have committed. As I have no first hand knowledge of these things and may I add, I pray to Buddha I never will have, I was wondering whether the rules are the same when a farang is arrested. I have seen plenty of pictures in the newspapers and also shots on TV, where the farangs that have been arrested for whatever crimes, are also paraded in front of the cameras.

My reason for asking is; as these farangs had not been convicted of any crime at that stage and only arrested for being suspected of one, what would be the situation if they refused to pose before the cameras? Would they get exactly the same treatment as the Thais for refusing to cooperate?

Choc Dee Kevin, Good to have you back from the depths of the dark and misty Moors. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George.

July 31st, 2007, 00:42
Hi George,

Cheers.

They did with me George, paraded me in front of the whole Nation practically.

I know for a fact, a person named Colin Martin was made to re-enact the crime scene for murder.

He was in Chonburi at the same time as myself and wrote the book "Welcome to Hell".

His was slightly different as it involved extortion,blackmail and fraud by the other parties, and he lost his business and life savings, which in them days, 250,000 pounds was a lot of money.

They commuted his sentence to 13 years, because they said he had admitted the crime at the Police Station, although he denied it in Court and said he had signed under torture which the judge did not accept.

I also know this practice of trial by TV and newspapers has been stopped by the bosses in Bangkok.

July 31st, 2007, 02:27
I also know this practice of trial by TV and newspapers has been stopped by the bosses in Bangkok.

Thanks for your reply Kevin, it has certainly enlightened me about some things I was unaware of. Am I correct in assuming from what you have said above, that this practice only takes place in Pattaya now, or are there other parts of the country that it takes place in as well? I have no knowledge of any other TV companies in Thailand, like the quality one we have here in Pattaya, which I am sure you are well aware is these days rivaling the BBC in the superb news coverage it supplies us with, as well as always being unbiased of course in it's reporting. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Apart from being unaware of any other TV stations like ours in Pattaya, I am also unaware of any newspapers either that are, similar in any way to the three that we have here. However, as someone who rarely watches TV at home, let alone when I am traveling, or who ever reads any of those three newspapers on the account that I find them too highbrow, I guess there is a possibility that there may very well be. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

Perhaps if you wouldn't mind Kevin, you could throw some further light on this subject as to whether this rather unsavoury style of reporting does go on in other parts of Thailand in farang publications. I think my money would be reasonably safe if I were to place a bet that Kalasin doesn't have anything like it. Please tell me I am at least right on that assumption. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

Thanks again Kevin,

George.

July 31st, 2007, 04:43
Always figure I only have one d***, therefore don't need to take more than one RB home.

Lethal injection is far too soft. They should drag him behind a BMW for a few hundred miles, for the full experience. :faroah: <== This looks vaguely like a British judge?

If only he had the taste to go for a Jag.

July 31st, 2007, 15:17
Hi ttom,

You certainly don't want to meet him, if the stories are correct.

We all differ on capital punishment, and that is a different debate but I think if someone has done this, giving no respect for the life of a fellow human, then "Live by the sword, die by it"

Guys, If a 48 year old man goes buying you things in the shops or market, whom you don't know, offers you a ride in his BMW, takes you to a Hotel, you don't have to be "Educated Archie" to see what is coming next.

He wasn't 16 years old, He was 27!

Then, he delays twice, according to reports, from allowing reception to come upstairs.

They seem,[ his actions] pretty much premeditated, to me.

Kevin

... but the death penalty is just never ever right.

Aunty
July 31st, 2007, 17:51
Cheers Kevin. Either way (death penalty or a long sentence) this guy is in for an extended period of unhappiness. Do you think his sentence would be harsher if he'd murdered a farang instead, or is Thai justice blind to the race of the victim (if not the size of their wallet)?

PinkSilom
July 31st, 2007, 18:11
It's so cheap and easy to pay an off fee. Why take additional risks by picking up a freelancer.

August 1st, 2007, 00:42
It's so cheap and easy to pay an off fee. Why take additional risks by picking up a freelancer.

Hi,

Definitely with pink silom on this one.

I remember a really nice guy who used to come in the bar,he was am American gent, on this occasion. He was a polite, charming well spoken guy, who had retired to Pattaya.

He was friendly with the staff and dancers, and by no means a skinflint,he would give tips to showboys and buy dancers a beer, he did however have a problem with paying the bar.

He had not lived in Pattaya very long, but knew the scene as a holiday maker prior to moving here, and met a freelance guy after hours in a local bar.

He suffered a similar fate to the man who is the basis of this thread.

The person was caught about two months after, as they had fled Pattaya and returned, when they thought the dust had settled.

There's a lot to be said about paying the "off " from reputable bars, most long standing bars keep proper ID and records of staff members and go go boys, and the boys are a lot more careful.