PDA

View Full Version : korat

orson
July 28th, 2007, 18:57
Is there any gay bars/sauna/massage place in Korat. I cant seem to find anything gay when i google it.

July 28th, 2007, 19:55
Is there any gay bars/sauna/massage place in Korat. I cant seem to find anything gay when i google it.
We did find a couple of drinking and karaoke bars where the local gays hang out but my b/s (who's not from the area) asked and was told that there were no specifically gay bars per se.

July 29th, 2007, 07:01
There are a couple of places, even a well known off bar operated by a Thai Chinese gay. Tuk tuk drivers know where to go.

Your Thai friend will not ask, don't worry. That would be against any social manners. You need to ask by yourself.

Have a look at central and go for jewellery or perfumes department. You will find some gay working there. Just go and ask one or two which places are with gay crowd presently.

Don't ask for a gay place, but just places popular with gay people. Otherwise ask any barber near the station. They all know. But don't be pushy, stay calm, take your time and smile a lot.

Good luck and report please ...

llz
July 29th, 2007, 20:14
From a recent thread on a thai webboard (Sept 2006 and May 2007), I could gather some information that I happily pass on albeit not being sure about it.
This is not first-hand information as I visited Khorat only twice and it was ten years ago ; there were still three gay bars in Khorat in the year 2001, but since then the so-called social order campaign took its toll and it seems there is only one left : Buddys Bar ; I think it is the one I went to in 1997.
This bar is located at 52 Soi Lam Pru 2 ; this soi runs parallel to Thanon Mukmontri and the bar should be located in line with the Ningnong crossroads (near train station), so that would be in the east side of the soi ; I remember the bar was in a small subsoi askew to the main soi. This is a very quiet bar with 4 to 6 boys, and it is a typical host bar ; some have said the boys are rather agressive.
Other listed interesting places are :
- The Mall shopping center along Thanon Mitraphap has many money boys
- Also boys everywhere near the Bung Ta Lua lake south of town, including many soldiers (the lake is close to a big military camp), but better not to go alone. Another AYOR place is the night bazar.
- Near Wat Phayap (northwest of the old town), you can buy boys for the night but choose very carefully
- No gay disco but the Living Bar has some gay people hanging around (in Boss Hotel near RCA, north of town)
- Fitness Center in the area of KS Hotel (more or less facing The Mall)
- Massage Place : Tawan in Pailin Square (could not find it on the map)
- Toilets : Klang Plaza Chomsurang, 4-6 th floor
URL for detailed Khorat map : koratmap (http://www.thekoratpost.com/koratmap.html)
Fantastic website and forum about Khorat : sebastien.koratfarang.com (http://sebastien.koratfarang.com/korat.htm#facts)

July 30th, 2007, 00:48
From a recent thread on a thai webboard (Sept 2006 and May 2007), I could gather some information that I happily pass on albeit not being sure about it.
This is not first-hand information as I visited Khorat only twice and it was ten years ago ; there were still three gay bars in Khorat in the year 2001, but since then the so-called social order campaign took its toll and it seems there is only one left : Buddys Bar ; I think it is the one I went to in 1997.
This bar is located at 52 Soi Lam Pru 2 ; this soi runs parallel to Thanon Mukmontri and the bar should be located in line with the Ningnong crossroads (near train station), so that would be in the east side of the soi ; I remember the bar was in a small subsoi askew to the main soi. This is a very quiet bar with 4 to 6 boys, and it is a typical host bar ; some have said the boys are rather agressive.
Other listed interesting places are :
- The Mall shopping center along Thanon Mitraphap has many money boys
- Also boys everywhere near the Bung Ta Lua lake south of town, including many soldiers (the lake is close to a big military camp), but better not to go alone. Another AYOR place is the night bazar.
- Near Wat Phayap (northwest of the old town), you can buy boys for the night but choose very carefully
- No gay disco but the Living Bar has some gay people hanging around (in Boss Hotel near RCA, north of town)
- Fitness Center in the area of KS Hotel (more or less facing The Mall)

Well done!

I would not recommend to cruise around Wat Sadaloi, Wat Sakaeo or south of Chom Phom Gate (near the canal) late evenings. After 15 h before dusk it's more safe ..

First three days and last 5 days of any month are better if you are looking for students ..

Before you take a companion back to your room, make sure that both of you could get properly notified later just in case. Have a drink or some food somewhere not too busy.

The malls are pretty safe.

All busy disco pubs do have some gay crowd. Night market is also good.

Between 17 and 20 h the grounds around Lake Bung Ta Lua are good, especially near toilets. Just sit there and smile or have some food from nearby food stalls. Some between mid 20 and 40 are running around for “exercise” are practically cruising.

- Massage Place : Tawan in Pailin Square (could not find it on the map)
- Toilets : Klang Plaza Chomsurang, 4-6 th floor
URL for detailed Khorat map : koratmap (http://www.thekoratpost.com/koratmap.html)
Fantastic website and forum about Khorat : sebastien.koratfarang.com (http://sebastien.koratfarang.com/korat.htm#facts)