PDA

View Full Version : Soi Day/night area hotel/venue info/reviews from recent trip

Alaan
July 28th, 2007, 08:28
Just to give some updated info/reviews for Soi Day/Night area venues i visited during my recent 10 day Pattaya stay.[July 12-22]
I stayed at the Flamingo Hotel again, and although the apartments directly across from the Flamingo are new and quite plush looking, I still prefer the Flamingo despite it having no upgraded facilities for a few years. The staff are excellent, the rooms very clean with fresh linens daily and friendly night reception and security staff. Joiners absolutely no problem here.. [id left at front desk required]. The food at Renoirs, their restaurant, is consistently very good, and the lounge area [My Thai] has a very comfortable and laid back ambiance, great for an early evening drink or game of pool. Nearby are plenty of other very good restaurants, I went to Googies on Soi 1 a couple of times and the food there was very good.

On soi 1 the gogo bar previously named Dragon Boy has changed ownership and name to Siam boys, it is a small bar, but very nice with about 12 cute boys who dance energetically and enjoy flirting, the mamsan and waiters here are also very friendly. I took a boy off from here and had a lovely time. Office Boys on the former premises of Niddy Nook was very quiet on the nights I passed, I stopped by once and the waiters were friendly, buy it just has no atmosphere.

Sundance Karaoke has closed and is being refurbished into a late night dance club, I was shown round the club and it seems like a smaller version of Maya/x-ray, and is very nice. As there is no Hollywood now it should be popular with the guys as they finish work after 1am and then go eating at WatChai on second rd.just a short walk from Daynight soi1 where Sundance is situated. I was advised that it was to open on 23rd or 24th July.

I visited JJ Pub on Soi 3 and had a great couple of nights there.. we went at about 2am and although not packed, it was quite busy and has some cute waiters available for offs. It also has dancing with shows every 30 mins or so. Coyote dancers and uglykatoey joking show which was very funny also live singing to taped music as Maya used to have. Plenty of room to dance and as it is a large venue not as cramped and smokey as Maya/x-ray.

JJ Karaoke is still there and as good as usual, also a newish Karaoke named Chat on Soi 3 which has Karaoke till 2.30-3am on ground floor level then dancing after 3am on upper level.

I find that staying at the Flamingo with late night venues close at hand for an easy walk back to my room, as well as plenty of quality eating places and the Dot.com shopping mall, with only a short walk or motocy trip to both Pattayaland and Sunee makes Day/night area still an attractive area to stay.

Shuee
August 2nd, 2007, 02:30
thanks for the update Alaan, i used to love hollywood, so conveniently located, so lets hope the new venue opp office bar is popular.
jj dnace another alternative but not as good

Now if they bough the space to the right of the old sundance karoke, & knocked through, a bar called 'leks agogo' formerly, then there you go - a club as big as hollywood again. But then thats too logical, maybe a future event when they recoup most of the budget blown on the new place decore etc

yeh baby!

August 4th, 2007, 19:48
thanks for the update. only 3 weeks to go until i get back there. haven't been since 05 so a lot of things will have changed.

Alaan
August 5th, 2007, 04:19
tanga,

If you have not visited since 2005 you will find very many changes for sure! I visit regularly about every 3 months and even in that seemingly short peroid of time there are always many changes to catch up with... the only thing that never seems to change is the huge ratio in favour of available boys over customers [farang and asian] at any time of year, and that so many bars have only a moderate amount of custom. But no matter what the changes are, it is certain you will have a great time.

August 11th, 2007, 19:48
alaan, only read your message today. when is your next trip over? i'll be up there in about 2 weeks, tiger air permitting. i will stay in bkk for 2 nights, then move down to ptya. if you do happen to come over to t'land, let us know.
regards