PDA

View Full Version : Boyztown Street Party

July 27th, 2007, 12:07
Pictures of the Street Party in Boyztown last night are now available on

www.topmanpattaya.com (http://www.topmanpattaya.com)

Thai_Faen-old
July 27th, 2007, 13:48

Thanks for sharing the pics Mrsbucket, looked like a good night! I hope Richard, Daisy and Onslow are keeping well :flower:

Thai_Faen :bounce:

July 28th, 2007, 18:50
Street party was worst ever.
Clash of the old Drag Queens it should have been called.
Please no more, especially the Dolly Sistersand the old crow from Cafe Royal.

July 28th, 2007, 19:08
Street party was worst ever.
Clash of the old Drag Queens it should have been called.

Agreed!!!!!

PinkSilom
July 28th, 2007, 19:19

As usual, over 300 hundred people squeezed into Boyztown to see the drag queens. You might not like it, but most gay people love it. They all wish they had the balls to get up on the stage themselves. They can live out their own fantasies through the talented artists that have got the balls. 170'000 baht was raised. Keep the drag queens and keep the money rolling in. If it isn't broken, why try to mend it.

July 28th, 2007, 19:47

As usual, over 300 hundred people squeezed into Boyztown to see the drag queens. You might not like it, but most gay people love it. They all wish they had the balls to get up on the stage themselves. They can live out their own fantasies through the talented artists that have got the balls. 170'000 baht was raised. Keep the drag queens and keep the money rolling in. If it isn't broken, why try to mend it.

You are wrong! The most gay people dont like it. I saw few month ago nearly 300 People in 1 one bar to see a handsome Boy contest. What are 300 People on the street? Nothing! :bounce:

PinkSilom
July 28th, 2007, 20:00
These street parties are now attracting celebrity drag queens from all over the world. You only have to look at the audience to know how successful they are. The cheering and laughter speaks volumes. Out of curiosity, did the handsome boys contest you refer to raise 170'000 baht for charity?

July 28th, 2007, 20:14
These street parties are now attracting celebrity drag queens from all over the world. You only have to look at the audience to know how successful they are.

Looking at the photos I doubt if many of the farangs present even knew what year it was yet alone where they were or what was happening.

A lot of them look as though they have been brought out of the local morturary to help swell the numbers.

Example: photo 2. Which defeats all arguments that Pattaya is not full of ancient farangs waiting to die. Can you image the look of abject horror on the face of any boy that these guys offed?

jinks
July 28th, 2007, 20:46

I'm still waiting for an answer as to why ALL the bygone days photos are "borrowed" (to be polite) from my site.

July 29th, 2007, 07:46
Street party was worst ever.Did x-in-pattaya do his well-known Judy Garland impersonation?

July 29th, 2007, 10:51
Thanks jinks for the loan of the pic's
Please make yourself known to us when you come into Topman again and we can talk about it.

July 29th, 2007, 11:38
DELETED

July 29th, 2007, 12:44
"The problem is with Pattaya events, they drag out the failed, amateur, past it, hideous, lipsync farang drag queens, singing old old old British war songs..."

Interestingly the last few events that featured this entertainment were packed. Hard even to find a good seat ...Memories, Exitt, PGF Musical...so why do some seem to feel they speak for so many?

As to the age of people,,,don't we all get older? I will only speak for myself in saying that I applaud those that continue this wonderful journey through life. Why do some like to complain so much. I think they must be miserable inside. I advise that you enjoy getting older. So much variety in life. Enjoy it all. Tell us what you enjoy. Ignore what you don't.

Viva ala....forgot what I was thinking....oh well, I'll remember it later

Jim Lumsden-old
July 29th, 2007, 13:06
For Your Information

The actual funds raised at this event totalled 255,000 Baht. With 320 guests in attendance this was an excellent result considering how slow business has been and the recent weather conditions.
The main objectives of The PGF when it began in 2000 was to Promote Pattaya as a holiday destination during the months that would normally be low in tourist numbers. This in turn would Promote the businesses of the Sponsors that fund the running cost of The PGF. This then brings the visitors to the events that provide the funds supporting The PGF Charities.
These objectives are already working. The PGF main events held in Early December are bringing more visitors to Pattaya than would normally be here. At the last Street party we had nearly 600 guests and raised 900,000. During the final four day programme The PGF Raised 1,300,000 Baht.
From 2001 until now The PGF has successfully raised over 24,000,000 Baht which has gone on to save many many lives.

80% of the personnel involved the events raising all this money are DRAG QUEENS including myself. Drag Queens are now making Pattaya their favored holiday destination of choice bringing with them a whole entourage of friends. While here they are more than willing to assist in anyway they can to support any local chartiy events.
They are also helping the local businesses by spending lots of tourist dollars, and not only in the bars but other local businesses. They purchase hundreds of thousands of baht worth of costumes from local suppliers for their own clubs at home This is an enormous help to the local economy.

If you don't like us drag Queens thats fine but I am always ready to listen to any new ideas that would make the PGF events more special. Just contact me at The Ambiance.

And for all you guys that prefer something more butch the 15th August see's the start of the Pool Tournament at Panorama and a two week Football Tournament taking place at the school opposite Wat Chai on the second road. No Drag I Promise.

Jim Lumsden

July 29th, 2007, 14:57
Heh guys, why does it matter who and what put on the shows and acts. If these people can turn out and raise this kind of money for good causes im all for it. Im not a great fan of drag shows myself but all i say is well done to all the drag queens for all your hard work, just a shame i missed it as im in UK now.

PinkSilom
July 29th, 2007, 16:34
Our newbie PinkSilom is somehow linked to this event and BT I would suggest?

I apologise for misleading the forum when I stated that event the raised 170'000 baht. We are now aware the sum raised was 255'000 baht. Still, I guess it blows your theory out of the water Professor Plum.

July 29th, 2007, 18:14
Our newbie PinkSilom is somehow linked to this event and BT I would suggest?

I apologise for misleading the forum when I stated that event the raised 170'000 baht. We are now aware the sum raised was 225'000 baht. Still, I guess it blows your theory out of the water Professor Plum.

May be you and Jimbo should get your stories from the same hymm sheet, as Jimbo wrote
'The actual funds raised at this event totalled 255,000 Baht.

July 29th, 2007, 19:31
For Your Information

The actual funds raised at this event totalled 255,000 Baht. With 320 guests in attendance this was an excellent result considering how slow business has been and the recent weather conditions.
The main objectives of The PGF when it began in 2000 was to Promote Pattaya as a holiday destination during the months that would normally be low in tourist numbers. This in turn would Promote the businesses of the Sponsors that fund the running cost of The PGF. This then brings the visitors to the events that provide the funds supporting The PGF Charities.
These objectives are already working. The PGF main events held in Early December are bringing more visitors to Pattaya than would normally be here. At the last Street party we had nearly 600 guests and raised 900,000. During the final four day programme The PGF Raised 1,300,000 Baht.
From 2001 until now The PGF has successfully raised over 24,000,000 Baht which has gone on to save many many lives.

80% of the personnel involved the events raising all this money are DRAG QUEENS including myself. Drag Queens are now making Pattaya their favored holiday destination of choice bringing with them a whole entourage of friends. While here they are more than willing to assist in anyway they can to support any local chartiy events.
They are also helping the local businesses by spending lots of tourist dollars, and not only in the bars but other local businesses. They purchase hundreds of thousands of baht worth of costumes from local suppliers for their own clubs at home This is an enormous help to the local economy.

If you don't like us drag Queens thats fine but I am always ready to listen to any new ideas that would make the PGF events more special. Just contact me at The Ambiance.

And for all you guys that prefer something more butch the 15th August see's the start of the Pool Tournament at Panorama and a two week Football Tournament taking place at the school opposite Wat Chai on the second road. No Drag I Promise.

Jim Lumsden

Jim

I totally agree with you.

If someone doesn’t like drag, staying away from this kind of events is an easy step to do.

I personally do do find drag and what’s about just strange and very difficult to deal with. That's me. But I do know some drag queens and I wouldn’t like missing the friendship of anyone.

With just a little more shown openness and lived tolerance, this world would be a better and more peaceful one.

Next year supervisor and I will turn up and bring some friends.

Well done, Jim
and all the others who made this event a great success.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 29th, 2007, 19:51
"they drag out the failed, amateur, past it, hideous, lipsync farang drag queens, singing old old old British war songs..." .....but this is what I love !!

how odd that a true British gent like John Botting would dis-like draq queens ??..after all it was the English writer Samuel Pepys who famously wrote "if you are sick of drag queens then are sick of life"..

I love 'em..and if you woke up each morning next to Mrs O'Booze you too would pray to be lying next to any old truck driver in a glamorous frock murmering "Hey Big Spender" in their sleep. :leb:

July 29th, 2007, 22:53
As to the age of people,,,don't we all get older? I will only speak for myself in saying that I applaud those that continue this wonderful journey through life. Why do some like to complain so much. I think they must be miserable inside.It's the Fear Factor. People like boygeenyus, Cedric and Aunty are terrified of getting old