PDA

View Full Version : THAIS4LIFE BOOKSTORE?

donald1
July 26th, 2007, 13:57
Hi,
I am leaving late tonight for Thailand/ Pattaya and just had an idea to bring some of my read books and paperback books to donate. Is the store still alive and thriving? Where exactly is it?
Thanks

travelerjim
July 26th, 2007, 15:58
Thank you Donald1 for thinking of Thais4Life....

Yes, your donation of paperback or hard bound books, cd'& dvd's
will help Thais4Life help others in need.

From their website:

"Thais4Life is an independent charity, dedicated to assisting Thais with medical
or special needs, who generally would not receive help from any other
recognized charity or organization.

Thais4Life is happy to work in collaboration with other recognized charities.

The Thais4Life Bookshop is a registered trading entity in Thailand, and all profits derived are applied to Thais4Life funds."

The bookshop is open daily Monday through Saturday (closed on Sundays) ..12:00noon to 6:00pm
and is located close to Sunee Plaza and the Soi Yensabai Condos in South Pattaya.

Here is there website and a map of their location is on the opening page...

http://www.thais4life.com/

Thanks again Donald1 for your thinking of Thais4Life...
and please do stop in and say hello when you are in South Pattaya..

Have a safe and trip full of happiness in Thailand :-)

TravelerJim

Geezer
July 26th, 2007, 16:10
ItтАЩs alive and flourishing.

If you can stop by at 5:00 PM August first you can join the monthly get-together.

jinks
July 26th, 2007, 22:01
If you are unable to see the map clearly, go to White Night at the entrance to Sunee Plaza and ask directions.

catawampuscat
July 26th, 2007, 22:44
Everyone seems to agree on Thais4Life.
It provides a service and offers very inexpensive books, etc. and a place to drop off
all those books and CDs etc. you no longer want. You feel like you are doing some good
and you get something useful as well.

One great thing about this project is the total lack of ego from its organizers and management.
I, for one, will never subject myself to the ego empresses, who like to run charities and take
endless bows for their unceasing contributions to the community.
The recent Mr. Limo tempest in a teapot is a good example of when someone's ego becomes
more important than the cause and everyone loses. :cat: