PDA

View Full Version : bars closed????

martin911
July 24th, 2007, 01:08
hi everyone,what is the situation regarding next weekends holidays(29-31)july,is anything or everything going to be closed in Bangkok??re bars/dj station etc,thanks for the info

llz
July 24th, 2007, 02:18
I was in Bangkok last year for Wan Asanhabucha and Wan Khao Phansaa who are due to fall this year on the 29th and 30 th of July. They were the last two days of my stay in Thailand and it was simply awful : no alcool in the restaurants (including in the airport), no bars open, we had to go very far in the outskirts of Bangkok to find a restaurant serving Singha beer.
I will try as much as possible to avoid being in Thailand on these days in the future.

July 24th, 2007, 03:19
I was told by a boy who works in soi twilight area that his bar would be closed on the 29th and 30th. True or not, I have no idea....

jolyjacktar
July 24th, 2007, 08:31
Hey buddy so bloody what if the bar closes for 2 days, get a life and do somthing else, you wont die will you??

July 24th, 2007, 08:42
Hey buddy so bloody what if the bar closes for 2 days, get a life and do somthing else, you wont die will you??

You don't happen to have a twin that is a member of this forum Jack and who thinks of himself as some kind of geenus, do you? Just a thought. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

G.

tony279760-old
July 24th, 2007, 13:33
we had to go very far in the outskirts of Bangkok to find a restaurant serving Singha beer

nice to see you are making the most of your time in thailand. maybe you can use your free time this weekend to go shopping for a life

July 24th, 2007, 14:23
we had to go very far in the outskirts of Bangkok to find a restaurant serving Singha beer

nice to see you are making the most of your time in thailand. maybe you can use your free time this weekend to go shopping for a life

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eek.gif Oh my Buddha, can you fucking believe those two posts above? And in the same thread too. All of you take a real close look at them please. Now if there is anyone here to whom those posts don't tell the same thing as me, you are obviously in dire need of a white cane and a Labrador.

Obviously and without a shadow of a doubt, BG has acquired a laboratory somewhere in Bangkok for himself and is probably at this very moment, as if we don't have enough trouble already with just one BG, cloning himself for the sole intention of giving us all even worse nightmares than the ones which we are already suffering.

Although these early prototypes are in obvious need of some fine tuning, in order to be as educated and have the same degree of competence that BG has in the spelling and grammar department, you have to admit that this all rather a bit worrying. Would you not agree? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

July 24th, 2007, 14:57
Give it a rest, Georgie Boy. You're obviously obsessed with me.

July 24th, 2007, 18:13
Give it a rest, Georgie Boy. You're obviously obsessed with me.

How on earth was it possible for you to discover this BG, when it is something that I have kept to myself and told no one? Oh the shame. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/smile_blush.gif

G.

dab69
July 25th, 2007, 12:31

hey loser, take your own advice

July 25th, 2007, 14:55
hi everyone,what is the situation regarding next weekends holidays(29-31)july,is anything or everything going to be closed in Bangkok??re bars/dj station etc,thanks for the info

The bars have to close for the 29/30. July 2007. That is an official Police order signed by the present Superintendent Police Chief Pattaya Colonel Khun Sutin Suppuang.

dab69
July 26th, 2007, 03:22
good excuse for a house party,
buy drinks and invite(arrange) guests earlier

July 26th, 2007, 03:25
Isn't it always the case that someone, every month or so, asks 'are the bars closed this weekend' or such day, someone answers yes and adds 'what a pain in the arse it is to get a drink with the bars closed', and someone else calls the second person a sad git for enjoying the bar scene ... a simple 'the bars are/are not closed on such a date should suffice'.

Then again, i'll give myself an uppercut for stickin mi bleedin nose in!

:blackeye: