PDA

View Full Version : cleanest,friendliest hotl Pattaya

July 22nd, 2007, 22:18
Hi all, sorry but this is one of those first time farangs silly question times I'm afraid, its my first visit late Sept, Ive looked at various establishments who all reckon they re the best, close to the town centre would be ideal but really clean/comfortable and exceptionally nice staff is a must...any posts would be helpful p.s. more silly questions to follow
regards flipcarlisle

Thai_Faen-old
July 23rd, 2007, 00:42
I would recommend Cafe Royale, your definitely near the action if you stay there.

Thai_Faen :bounce:

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 01:02
Cafe Royal is excellent..depends if you want to be right in the middle of the action at Boyztown ( and who wouldn't !)

but I always recommend Mosaic to visitors as it has all the features you ask for and is extraordiarily cheap. Near that den of inequity Sunnee Plaza but also an easy walk to Boyztown and the surrounding area is great..good restaurants..shopping plaza etc.

You will also run into some of Pattaya's most famous characters...Catawampus-LMTU-W840..me ( I'm the one walking a few paces behind Mrs O'Booze-a large buxom woman with a Yorkshire accent)..maybe even Hedda or LoneyWombat..but sadly not Homitern or boygeenyus.

feel free to ask as many silly questions as you want..we're always happy to give silly answers.

July 23rd, 2007, 01:19
Hi all, sorry but this is one of those first time farangs silly question times I'm afraid, its my first visit late Sept, Ive looked at various establishments who all reckon they re the best, close to the town centre would be ideal but really clean/comfortable and exceptionally nice staff is a must...any posts would be helpful p.s. more silly questions to follow
regards flipcarlisle

The Ambiance Hotel is very good value for money.
Indeed comfortable, well designed and very clean rooms at any level.
The housekeeping is excellent. Receptionists are friendly and helpful at any time around the clock. The place is well secured. All the other staff is pretty efficient.
Room on lower floors just above the night club can get a bit noisy late evenings.

July 23rd, 2007, 07:27
I would highly recommend the Ambiance Hotel. Jim runs a very superior accomodation. His staff has been with him for ages (speaks volumes) and are excellent in taking care of their guests.

July 23rd, 2007, 08:06
Mosaic - cheap ? Check the add-on charges you will pay. Electricity is outrageous.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 10:14
check on the extras at Mosaik..they don't always tell you when you book in..but still well priced and clean...and location location location.

July 23rd, 2007, 14:52
Hi everyone, thanks for the input everyone, I think I may plum for Mr Mac's, anyone any positive or negative feedback about there, Howards is close 2nd, your views would be appreciated, secondly is 12/1300 baht normal price to/from airport? Third silly question to follow TTFN Flip

July 23rd, 2007, 15:08
DELETED

travelerjim
July 23rd, 2007, 15:29
Mr Mac's ????

I cannot imagine wanting to stay in a hotel located on such a busy road....
with all the road construction underway as well...

I must admit I have never been inside the hotel...
but I do pass by it several times weekly in a baht bus..
too much traffic for me..

and I do like to walk a lot whenever I can..
but not along that road!

Up to You...

TravelerJim

Thai_Faen-old
July 23rd, 2007, 16:00
Flipcarlisle, the comments ttom has made about the The Ambiance Hotel can also be said for the Le Cafe Royale, I have found the staff and management there very good the times I have stayed, you can also book your transportation from the airport to the hotel if you wish.

July 23rd, 2007, 16:43
Saw a room at Mr Macs last year. Pretty basic. As others have said, you will have to cross a VERY busy road every time you want to go downtown.

Mr Macs is on the side traffic heads towards the beach , so coming back from beach its cross the road time again.

We assume you are fit and sprightly and dont get wrecked at night lol?

July 23rd, 2007, 16:55
Flipcarlisle, the comments ttom has made about the The Ambiance Hotel can also be said for the Le Cafe Royale, I have found the staff and management there very good the times I have stayed, you can also book your transportation from the airport to the hotel if you wish.

Totally agree with regard to Le Cafe Royale (LCR). The hotel is immaculately clean and the staff, from the general manager down to the lowliest chamber maid, friendly and helpful. Having stayed at both, I find LCR far better than Ambience. Some of the staff in Ambience can be a bit full of themselves and officious, especially the normal daytime receptionist. As a whole LCR beats Ambience in staff friendliness. Also support the other comment about noise from Boyz Boyz Boyz bar at night, especially on the lower floors.

My only adverse comment about LCR is that they increased their rates earlier in this year and the cost of car hire through the hotel is now very expensive (2300 Baht from or to the airport).

Thai_Faen-old
July 23rd, 2007, 17:21

Totally agree with regard to Le Cafe Royale (LCR). The hotel is immaculately clean and the staff, from the general manager down to the lowliest chamber maid, friendly and helpful. Having stayed at both, I find LCR far better than Ambience. Some of the staff in Ambience can be a bit full of themselves and officious, especially the normal daytime receptionist. As a whole LCR beats Ambience in staff friendliness. Also support the other comment about noise from Boyz Boyz Boyz bar at night, especially on the lower floors.

My only adverse comment about LCR is that they increased their rates earlier in this year and the cost of car hire through the hotel is now very expensive (2300 Baht from or to the airport).

Buaseng totally agree with you on the car hire from the hotel, but after a long flight I personally don't want to start haggling with the guys standing around the arrival area offering you a ride..... as in transport.

July 23rd, 2007, 17:30
Buaseng totally agree with you on the car hire from the hotel, but after a long flight I personally don't want to start haggling with the guys standing around the arrival area offering you a ride..... as in transport.

Don't get me wrong - I still use their hotel cars for the very reason of convenience and reliability. It's just that I thought that their latest 28% car-hire rate increase was well over the top and not justifiable!

Thai_Faen-old
July 23rd, 2007, 17:38

Don't get me wrong - I still use their hotel cars for the very reason of convenience and reliability. It's just that I thought that their latest 28% car-hire rate increase was well over the top and not justifiable!

Buaseng I agree, we got a bit of a shock when we seen how much it went up by (thought maybe they had put a drinks cabinet in the back of the car for the journey), still a good service though if a bit pricey, and likewise I will continue to use the car service.

July 23rd, 2007, 17:50
Hi everyone, thanks for the input everyone, I think I may plum for Mr Mac's, anyone any positive or negative feedback about there, Howards is close 2nd, your views would be appreciated, secondly is 12/1300 baht normal price to/from airport? Third silly question to follow TTFN Flip

Mr Mac’s is good if you interested in golf. That’s the main concern of the owner. He doesn’t pay much interest into his hotel business since playing golf is his main concern.

If you are willing to stay on outskirts or Pattaya, it’s probably wise to stay directly in Jomtien. In Jomtien Complex the guest rooms at Two Faces are excellent value for money www.twofacesthailand.com/rooms.htm (http://www.twofacesthailand.com/rooms.htm) and Add, the dutch owner and his friendly wife are taking all the care needed to run this place very well.

Tui’s Place at Jomtien’s Dong Than Beach is also a nice place to stay. Friendly, clean, quite after 20 hrs. The location is breathtaking.

Howard’s is probably not the place you are looking for. The owner is friendly but he cannot handle his staff properly. The staff attitudes are somewhat questionable and this reflects the whole business. The really only “pro” is the lift to upper floors but this is also a weak point since sometimes some of the boys are approaching you in an inappropriate manner.

I personally found the standard of Ambiance Hotel always ahead of the Le Caf├й Royal and would therefore always go back. But this can be seen differently. While in Pattaya I never go to sleep before midnight, therefore the BBB doesn’t disturb me at all.

The nice Piano Bar at ground floors Le Caf├й Royal is usually closing late. I do enjoy the late ours sometimes.

I would recommend to you to book yourself in somewhere for a day or two and shop around. I am sure you will find something appropriate soon. If not, there is usually not problem to continue your stay where you are.

Travelling from Airport to Pattaya, maybe the airpot bus is a option. There are two different services: The yellow bus to Pattaya or Jomtien from transportation centre or the most excellent Bell travel service which takes you from airport to your accommodation for 150 TBT all in.

Both services are very good but Bell’s is top notch.

Otherwise the taxi fare is between 1 000 TBT and 1 200 TBT, plus toll way charges of around 200 TBT. There is a taxi stand at the airport. The staff there will explain all to you and confirm in writing. Do not trust any tout at the airport. Do not take an unlicensed taxi!

July 23rd, 2007, 18:55
Some of the staff in Ambience can be a bit full of themselves.

Well if they ever get as full of themselves to the same degree as you and a few others here, their guests really will have a big problem on their hands to contend with.

I guess a "sex tourist", as Smiles so rather aptly called you, prefer the LCR mainly for the following reason. You don't have too far to go in which to fall into bed with whoever the "boy" is that happens to be your chosen "off" for for the night. That would be a reasonable assumption on my part Buaseng, wouldn't you agree old chap? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/hump.gif

Personally, I think that both the LCR and the Ambience are superb in what they offer, especially if you enjoy being in the heart of Boyz Town. I have made reservations for friends that have been visiting Pattaya on several occasions and at both establishments. However, not everybody does like to be in the heart of Boyz Town.

If this is the case with you Flip, I feel that there are places equally as good to stay and more reasonably priced than the two establishments I have mentioned above. Most of these are in the Sunee Plaza area, you know, the place that Buaseng enjoys so much and loves to hang out in. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Many of the places there that I think offer good value, have already been recommended in prior posts, but one other I would like to give a mention, is the new Don Plaza. If you are reasonably OK physically and able to manage the stairs, which I did when the Managing Director showed me around before it opened, (and I am someone that on occasions has physical problems) I think that you will enjoy the experience and have a very pleasant stay.

By the way Flip, welcome to the forum. You should already know that there is no such thing as a silly question, the only silly question is one that is not asked. Even though we have our resident smart arses here like all forums such as this one, who are always at the ready to fire off their supercilious replies, especially to newbies, I am sure that you will find the majority of members here, both pleasant and very helpful people. I include Billy amongst those people too, especially when he manages to post whilst he is not on the turps.

By the way Billy, whilst I remember, I want you to know that your old mate zebra is well and doing fine. He asked me to remember him to you and to say Hi. Hi Billy. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/wavey.gif
Choc Dee Flip, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif I hope your vacation and your first trip to Pattaya is a great one, I am sure it will be.

G.

July 23rd, 2007, 19:05
You don't have too far to go in which to fall into bed with whoever the "boy" is that happens to be your chosen "off" for for the night ... Buaseng's a promiscuous homosexual, are you George?

andrewcraig
July 23rd, 2007, 19:18
regards flipcarlisle

Hi

I would recommend the old Montys B&B which has a new name, same location in Sunee

www.twoguysguesthouse.com (http://www.twoguysguesthouse.com).

Beware of fat ugly pigs who want to do chicken dance for all, he wont be allowed back

I was there his last trip and I know. believe me I know

I did not know the name had changed until todays post

Best of luck to the new owner I will be back

July 23rd, 2007, 19:25
You don't have too far to go in which to fall into bed with whoever the "boy" is that happens to be your chosen "off" for for the night ... Buaseng's a promiscuous homosexual, are you George?

The answer to your question Colonel, is; absolutely not! How very dare you ask that question again of me, especially being since it is the same question which only Buddha knows the amount of times that you have asked it previously. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/rolleyes.gif

Oh, by the way Colonel and just for the record, neither am I a bald headed old cunt either. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

July 23rd, 2007, 20:02
Beware of fat ugly pigs who want to do chicken dance for all, he wont be allowed back

I was there his last trip and I know. believe me I know

he wont be allowed back

Is that a fact and the actual words uttered by the new owner himself, or just the assumption of someone that obviously has adverse feelings to anyone attempting a dance of the chicken variety?

If it is indeed the new owner who has stated that he won't allow Billy to stay at the guesthouse anymore, he is obviously a very different person to the previous proprietor, Monty. Well let's face it, Monty would allow anyone to stay, provided of course they had the funds with which to settle their bill. Oh yes, not forgetting their electricity charges too. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

quote by andrewcraig "I did not know the name had changed until todays post"

I can't find that post anywhere, despite looking for ages. What's Billy calling himself now? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggrinangel.gif

G.

July 23rd, 2007, 20:29

Well if they ever get as full of themselves to the same degree as you and a few others here, their guests really will have a big problem on their hands to contend with.

I guess a "sex tourist", as Smiles so rather aptly called you, prefer the LCR mainly for the following reason. You don't have too far to go in which to fall into bed with whoever the "boy" is that happens to be your chosen "off" for for the night. That would be a reasonable assumption on my part Buaseng, wouldn't you agree old chap?
.............. Most of these are in the Sunee Plaza area, you know, the place that Buaseng enjoys so much and loves to hang out in
But you seem to have forgotten that hotel staff are supposed to be providing a cheerful and friendly service - that's what the original question was about. As for me, yes I am opiniated and 'a bit full of myself' but I am well qualified and justified in having those attributes, old chap.

I frequent LCR because it is right in the heart of the action and because it is in my opinion the better of the two hotels in Pattayaland Soi 3 and looks after its customers well. And no, I am not a butterfly falling into bed with whichever 'boy' I happened to chose for the night as you suggest. I happen to have two regulars boys, or rather they should be called men as both are aged over 21, whom I see when I visit (if I wanted them younger I would certainly hang out in Sunee Plaza with the sick pedos who inhabit that place).

So your assumption is wrong, old chap, but why spoil the habit of a lifetime, old chap? :cheers:

July 23rd, 2007, 22:56
... I would certainly hang out in Sunee Plaza with the sick pedos who inhabit that placeWhere do the healthy pedos hang out?

July 24th, 2007, 00:42

I guess a "sex tourist", as Smiles so rather aptly called you, prefer the LCR mainly for the following reason. You don't have too far to go in which to fall into bed with whoever the "boy" is that happens to be your chosen "off" for for the night. That would be a reasonable assumption on my part Buaseng, wouldn't you agree old chap?
.............. Most of these are in the Sunee Plaza area, you know, the place that Buaseng enjoys so much and loves to hang out in
As for me, yes I am opiniated and 'a bit full of myself' but I am well qualified and justified in having those attributes, old chap.

If I wanted them younger I would certainly hang out in Sunee Plaza with the sick pedos who inhabit that place).

So your assumption is wrong, old chap, but why spoil the habit of a lifetime, old chap? :cheers:

As for me, yes I am opiniated and 'a bit full of myself' but I am well qualified and justified in having those attributes, old chap.

Good to see old chap, that you have such a wonderful sense of humour to go with those other attributes of yours. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

If I wanted them younger I would certainly hang out in Sunee Plaza with the sick pedos who inhabit that place).

I don't think that the members of this forum that do enjoy hanging out in Sunee Plaza and whom haven't the slightest interest in young boys, would take very kindly to being called "sick pedos". You will in all probability be dissapointed to learn, that I am not one of those members, or should i say "sick pedos, that do hang out in Sunee.

However, I am not in the slightest bit ashamed to admit, that I do go there from time to time to see friends of mine, of which some of are bar owners. On those occasions that I do pay Sunee a visit, I am delighted to inform you, that I always have a great time and a very enjoyable evening.

With that statement of yours above Buaseng, I see that you obviously possess crassness as another wonderful attribute to go with those two other impressive ones that you so kindly informed us about.

I would like to ask you one question with regard to Sunee Plaza before concluding with this post, that is of course old chap, if I may. The question I would like to ask is this: As one that professes by their posts to hate Sunee with a passion and, also someone that is not an ex-pat and who only visits Pattaya for holidays; how is it that you possess so much fucking knowledge about the place?

You have informed me of the wonderful attributes you possess, those being, full of ones self and self opinionated, to which I have now been able to add crassness after this post, so I hope that you are not going to disappoint me by telling me that you are one of those sad characters who are incapable of judging things for themselves and base their information on what others inform them. I await with baited breath for your reply, so over to you old chap. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/cool_shades.gif

So your assumption is wrong, old chap, but why spoil the habit of a lifetime, old chap? :cheers:[/quote]

Hang on, what's this that my eyes have fallen upon, are they deceiving me? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eek.gif Cheers? Bloody cheers! Smiles, this is not you old boy is it, having a little game with me and tugging on my one eyed monk by posting under another handle? No, on second thoughts, it couldn't be. Smiles, you would have to agree with me, that even you couldn't possibly be as self opinionated as Khun Buaseng http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

Cheers Smiles. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif

George.

July 24th, 2007, 00:49
... I would certainly hang out in Sunee Plaza with the sick pedos who inhabit that placeWhere do the healthy pedos hang out?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif Nice one Colonel, nice one. Good to see the dominant one of the two letting the other one out to play. I hope that the both of you are well. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggrinangel.gif

G.

July 24th, 2007, 05:33
even the ones which I have no idea what ur talking about LOL, i'll obviously have to take a little more time over this...next silly question cummin up in new thread.........Flip

July 24th, 2007, 13:22
There's no such thing as a healthy pedo, they're all sick (in the head)!

July 24th, 2007, 13:55
I don't think that the members of this forum that do enjoy hanging out in Sunee Plaza and whom haven't the slightest interest in young boys, would take very kindly to being called "sick pedos".......

I never said that all who visit Sunee Plaza are (sick) pedos, just that Sunee Plaza is the place that the chicken hawks hang out and as a result give the area its deserved dubious reputation. However, if the cap fits wear it !

I would like to ask you one question with regard to Sunee Plaza before concluding with this post, that is of course old chap, if I may. The question I would like to ask is this: As one that professes by their posts to hate Sunee with a passion and, also someone that is not an ex-pat and who only visits Pattaya for holidays; how is it that you possess so much fucking knowledge about the place?

Sticking to the one area (Boystown and Pattayaland Soi 1) every night can be limiting and become a little boring, especially on a month's long holiday. I do have the odd evening out in Jomtien just for a change but that is inconvenient because of the distance. I therefore usually make one visit to the Sunee Plaza area during each of my 'holidays' in the vain hope that things might have changed for the better. Each time I am sadly disappointed and it remains a hang out for pedos. I do not wish to be seen or become involved in such an environment (however don't let me spoil your enjoyment if you are content to do so :thumbleft: ). There is also the problem of the drug pushers and their clients who make the area quite dangerous to walk about in on ones own at night (I have personally been mugged when walking in the area by someone high on yaba or some other substance). So that, old chap, is how I possess knowledge of the place...far be it from me to make statements which are based on hearsay :wave: !

TrongpaiExpat
July 24th, 2007, 14:14
Sticking to the one area (Boystown and Pattayaland Soi 1) every night can be limiting and become a little boring, especially on a month's long holiday.

One month in Thailand and spending it all in Pattaya? To me that's boring. I know a lot do this but I a puzzled as to why? There's a lot to Thailand besides Pattaya.

July 24th, 2007, 17:51
I never said that all who visit Sunee Plaza are (sick) pedos, just that Sunee Plaza is the place that the chicken hawks hang out and as a result give the area its deserved dubious reputation. However, if the cap fits wear it !

I therefore usually make one visit to the Sunee Plaza area during each of my 'holidays' in the vain hope that things might have changed for the better. Each time I am sadly disappointed and it remains a hang out for pedos.

Lets deal with these two quotes of yours first: I am sure that you are more then aware of that old adage, that those that usually protests the loudest, are more often than not the guiltiest ones of all. As one who continually spits out his venom in displaying a passionate hate for Sunee, as well as being someone who now informs us also suffered a mugging at the hands of some crazed dope fiend there, one could be excused in my opinion for questioning the authenticity of your claim, as to the reason why you still go there every year for that one visit.

I believe that they could be further excused when looking at the reason you have given for your continuing to go there, as a candidate for that cap you speak of above. Furthermore, some may believe that it would fit on your head as though it were made for you exclusively by Herbert Johnson himself. Now far be it for me to call anyone a liar old chap and let me make myself perfectly clear, that I am not doing so now. I am just displaying to you that by using the evidence that you yourself have provided, how easy it is to point a finger at someone and accuse them of being something which they are not. May I further add that the evidence I have used here in making my point, is far more substantial than any I have ever known you to use, whilst witnessing you make your manic claims about a certain type of person here, on the sole premise of where they choose their watering holes.

Let's deal with this claim of yours, that you make this annual pilgrimage to Sunee in the hope that it has changed, but are sadly disappointed each time you visit, to see that it hasn't and is still a hangout for pedos. Once again I find myself questioning the validity of your statement and asking myself if you are seeing what you want to see, or what is actually really there. Your claim also has me asking myself, whether this years pilgrimage has been undertaken yet. I say this, because if it has, there is no possible way that anyone that has known the area for any length of time, twelve years in my case, would not say that that the changes made this year are phenomenal in comparison to any other they have known.

I am certain that the members here that do frequent Sunee, will tell you the exact same thing. So with that said, how the fuck is it that you have not witnessed what has taken place? Have you been keeping something from us Buaseng, such as you are the owner of a white cane and a Labrador? I am not being as facetious as you may think by that remark, because it is my opinion that you would fucking well have to be someone that posses both of those, if you have not been able to see the changes that have been made there. These changes are not only in the quality of relatively new establishments, such as the Clubber group, but also good watering holes such as Corner Bar. For the record old chap, I do not wear rose tinted glasses and only see what is in front of me, not what I imagine to be there.

I do not wish to be seen or become involved in such an environment (however don't let me spoil your enjoyment if you are content to do so :thumbleft: ).

You have no need to concern yourself with regard to that old chap, you wont. Neither do I believe those here that frequent Sunee, will allow you to spoil their enjoyment either, with your poisonous comments about the place.

There is also the problem of the drug pushers and their clients who make the area quite dangerous to walk about.

Don't you think it rather strange that something you manage to see on this once a year visit of yours, is also something that I never notice anytime I go there. Admittedly I am not looking to score, but you would think by the way that you describe the scene, as if there is a dealer hanging about outside almost every fucking bar, it would be a little more apparent to me that it was going on. Don't get me wrong here, just because I don't happen to see it, doesn't mean I am stupid enough to think that some of the boys in Sunee don't indulge in drugs.

I just happen to believe that they are a little more subtle when doing so, than the picture you paint of them. I suppose that you think, that over on the Soi's in which you hang out, the boys there don't indulge in drugs in any way whatsoever. It wouldn't surprise me, if you believed that like your own, their shit doesn't stink either.

Allow me to give you a reality check old chap. If what I am led to believe is true and I have no reason to think otherwise, I can confirm that in the past two months, the boys in the Pattayaland soi's found to be using drugs when tested, out numbered by far the boys who tested posotive in Sunee bars.

You may also be surprised to learn, that I have never once in all the years I have visited Sunee, ever felt threatened when walking around, no matter what time of the night or morning it has been. For the record, I also neither resemble in anyway whatsoever, either the Terminator, or Genghis Khan.

Unless you intend being more truthful old chap, which is something I don't believe you have fully been up to now, I am done with this subject as well as being done with you. So if it is your intention to reply once again, by regurgitating the same old crap you continually come out with, please don't fucking bother. I say this because I just couldn't bear to bring myself, to read, one more single post of your nonsensical fucking bullshit. Sheesh, why the fuck do I bother? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shake_head.gif

July 24th, 2007, 17:58
So with that said, how the fuck is it that you have not witnessed what has taken place? Have you been keeping something from us Buaseng, such as you are the owner of a white cane and a Labrador? I am not being as facetious as you may think by that remark, because it is my opinion that you would fucking well have to be someone that posses both of those, if you have not been able to see the changes that have been made there.Has our own resident bodhisattva morphed into poster Aunty Tourette? What a example for us all to follow along the spiritual way (that George has made up for himself and pretends is a form of Buddhism)

July 24th, 2007, 18:29
What does any of this have to do with finding the cleanest friendliest hotel? Another hijack by George and his cronies.

July 24th, 2007, 18:37
For the cleanest hotel I would suggest the Flamingo on soi Day Night. The staff always seem to be friendly as well. The only complaint would be that there is not a lift to the rooms.

July 24th, 2007, 19:11
I am sure that you are more then aware of that old adage, that those that usually protests the loudest, are more often than not the guiltiest ones of all.
And guilt can also been seen in those who try to defend the indefensible. Why do you protest so much, what are you trying to cover up dear old chap ?

Just for the record my last visit was in early May this year. I can assure you I had my eyes wide open but sadly the area was still the sleaze pit and kindergarten it has always been. If you can't see that nothing has changed in the 12 years you infer you have been a resident and visiting the area, it is you old chap who has been wearing dark glasses and carrying a white cane, never mind wearing rose-tinted spectacles!

Enough of this. I'm not going to argue any further with an obvious sociopath who is too blind or stubborn to admit the truth about Sunee Plaza being a haven for paedophiles (open or in the closet). To paraphrase another old adage - Methinks thou protests too much! - I wonder why?

Here endeth the lesson, Amen

TrongpaiExpat
July 24th, 2007, 20:09
For the cleanest hotel I would suggest the Flamingo on soi Day Night. The staff always seem to be friendly as well. The only complaint would be that there is not a lift to the rooms.

There was some indication of joiners fees there sometime back. Anyone know if there is or not?

I used to stay at the Flamingo but not anymore for the following reasons:

Back rooms face a gym and you can hear the sound of the weights hitting the floor.

Thai style shower for that price, no.

Sometimes there is a bad Oder coming from the bathroom drain.

The rooms are getting worn.

The doors have a tight latch and when you close them they make a loud noise and you can hear that at night.

The good points are:

Comfortable beds

Nicer rooms in the front with a balcony.

Clean

Thai_Faen-old
July 25th, 2007, 02:31
What does any of this have to do with finding the cleanest friendliest hotel? Another hijack by George and his cronies.

I agree with luvthai on the first part of his message, but I cannot comment on the latter part as I am new, but..... it appears we have strayed from the motorway and hit a bit of a dirt track, lets hope that the original question isn't lost in the flurry of activity.

Saying that it is giving me an insight to the characters that use this site, so at least I am learning something :blackeye: