PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

July 22nd, 2007, 18:40
DELETED

catawampuscat
July 22nd, 2007, 19:43
If Mr. Image was Thai maybe this was a face saving thing. If he is a farang, then he is not playing
with a full deck.
I don't use Image Limo and since they target the Gay market, it sounds like Mr. Image is the loser.

What does jomtiengayguides have to say about the evening or anyone else who stayed.? :cat:

Smiles
July 22nd, 2007, 19:50
" ... So, we begin to move across just getting to the table when Mr Image comes barging in again wearing his very bright silver MC jacket. He is now pretty angry and through gritted teeth says to Mr Spice I have told you 3 times you are not moving tables. Mr Exxit starts to explain that they were empty, but Mr Image is not having any of it. He is in control of this evening and what he says goes!!!

So a little heated discussion takes place between Mr Spice and Mr Image ... "

:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Sounds rather like some of the more angst-ridden scenes from 'Reservoir Dogs':

Mr Image = Mr White
Mr Spike = Mr Black
Mr Botting = Mr Pink
Mr Spice = Mr Green
Mr Exxit = Mr Red

We all know how much blood there was on the floor by the time the credits started to drift across the screen at the end of 'Dogs', and we are glad the end of this event was not same same. But it sounds lke it was close . . . and Mr White (Mr Image) needs to have his ears cut off.

Mr Pink (Mr Botting) seems to have been rather passive in this whole episode: perhaps to sneak quietly away ... to come with with guns blazing another day, when no one suspects it's coming.

http://my.photodump.com/sawatdee/Reservoir_Dogs.jpg

Cheers ...

July 22nd, 2007, 20:57
The negative image:

Since many years many I do know why I am not anymore a customer of a certain limo service. Like me, many others of my friends never turned back this company. Even the friendliness of Thai staff cannot challenge this negative image of the owner.
Thankfully there are pretty good and but fairly less expensive alternatives available. If some the staff would not be that friendly.
I am sorry to hear that some prat did spoil this event (like others before).

The positive image:

Since many years I do know why I am still a frequent customer of certain establishments like Exxit, Two Faces or Continental Bakery. Like me, many others of my friends always turned back to these places. The pleasantness of staff is always as good as the friendliness of owners and there devotion towards there customers.
Thankfully the owners are doing a good job. This is forcing the competition to improve there standards at reasonable prices. I know the owners since many years and every time we meet it’s a happy moment.
And I am very grateful for all the kind support given to the gay community by them.

Conclusion:
Any correction of a once obtained negative image takes a lot of efforts to persuade customers otherwise. Any good marketing manager knows about this fact. And any reasonable customer values well any good and polite services. If someone is trying to use an event like this in order to promote his own business, another negative image is therefore nothing but a disaster. Even in Thailand.
I've learned already, so do give a dam about there image.

July 22nd, 2007, 21:52
I have no idea which business jomtiengayguides represents, but I would suggest getting the best Thailand based gay magazine to attend your event and to give you free publicity should be a reason the celebrate, and not to piss off him off! Perhaps your MC or even your event team believe you can do very nicely on your own without quality media reporting? .

Asking anyone to believe that Spice magazine equates with 'quality media reporting' is the same as asking them to believe that wowpow is the star attraction at Tawan Bar!

July 22nd, 2007, 22:48
Mr. Image Limousines.....please explain yourself? I have always used your vehicles but will not after this incident u less satisfied with your answer.

jinks
July 22nd, 2007, 23:46
If Mr. Image was Thai

No he is farang, nice stage coat on wowpow's pictures.

July 23rd, 2007, 08:11
WowPow is taking the stage in Bangkok? This is the best news today. Anyone want to share a taxi?

July 23rd, 2007, 09:04
DELETED

July 23rd, 2007, 09:16
A table for Phil of Spice was booked and well before the event ALL INSIDE TABLES WERE RESERVED (Some people had booked and paid in advance but were going to arrive after their dinner). The particular table for Spice was by the front door and in view of the stage. I have seen Phil at various events and knows he walks around taking snaps or gets one of his staff to do it, so it should not have been a problem and I apologise to Phil if he found it unsuitable.

However, the reservations for each table were fixed and Mr EXXIT who you refer to (I believe Keith) was not involved in either making reservations for the evening, or in table allocation. I did tell him when he tried moving Phil to another table that all were allocated. I also offered Phil to sit outside where he would still see the fashion show (better than inside) and the boy contest. Only the shows from Exxit and Dolce Vita would have been difficult to see from outside.
Phil did try to change to 3 more inside tables (ALL OF WHICH HAD RESERVED SIGNS) by which time it annoyed me, when he had been clearly told twice that it was not possible.
We all appreciate what SPICE does for the gay community, and would always help where we can. Unfortunately it wasn't enough on the night for which I am sorry.

John - as far a free publicity is concerned, there is nothing free in this life. The Jomtien Gay Community and its members have also been supporting Spice with expensive advertising for a long time, so we are Spice's customers. It does not give us the right to expect or demand free publicity, but it is nice when we get some. I am sure Phil realises that.

July 23rd, 2007, 09:35
DELETED

July 23rd, 2007, 11:32
Well its nice to see both sides of the story.

I have to say, in Mr. Limo's defense, if I had booked an inside table and suddenly found when I arrived it had been given to some VIP instead I'd be pretty pissed off.

Hopefully the "Great Table Fiasco of '07" won't develop into another of Pattaya's Expat Feuds.

Marsilius
July 23rd, 2007, 12:42
Jomtiengayguide [as above]: "John - as far a [sic.] free publicity is concerned, there is nothing free in this life."

Oh, yes there is - and you've just had it on this thread.

It may not all be good publicity, however. And I suspect that, in spite of the last few supportive comments (after the "other side" was aired), more people will remember the slew of negative ones that came earlier.

It is a good demonstration of one of the cardinal rules of crisis management... Get in a response - even if it is just a bland holding statement ("we take this issue very seriously, are looking into it and will be back with a full statement as soon as we have concluded our investigations") - as soon as you can to show that you are at least interested and certainly not complacent (and, by implication, indifferent to your customers' concerns.)

TrongpaiExpat
July 23rd, 2007, 13:07
I guess the identity of who jomtiengayguide is in real life has been solved. I must admit your adds/promotions under the guise of being anonymous did annoy me.

Yes, there are two sides to every story/conflict. Still, there is no excuse for the behavior as described by Botting. Do you dispute behaving in that
manner as described in the post?

July 23rd, 2007, 14:55
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 15:07
Mr Botting..a certainly no way to treat the El Presidente of the Chamber of Commerce !

That is why people should employ an expert..such as me who is fabulously skilled at organsing gala events and keeping everybody happy !

I will send you an invite to my latest sensational over-the-top night of entertainment to be announced soon..which will feature some Pattaya personalities ( you will need to get yourself to Sydney though)..but you will have one of the best tables in the house.

Did domeone say Wowpow is going on the stage ?

July 23rd, 2007, 15:31
Hi,

Did it manage to raise any amounts to assist the charities guys please???

Different subject but still belongs on this thread!

travelerjim
July 23rd, 2007, 15:34
Hi,

Did it manage to raise any amounts to assist the charities guys please???

Different subject but still belongs on this thread!

OH OH....I knew someone would ask that question???

Yes, Kevin.....yours is a very good question...

Apart from the VIP's..tables...and such..

Just how much was raised for the charity?

"Charities (Camillian Social Centre for children with HIV + Take care)
will be benefiting from a portion of the entrance fee and the raffle, so come and support them".

Glad to see there was such a good turnout for this event...
and pleased to see some businesses of the Jomtien Complex Gay Business Community
sponsoring such events....Congratulations!

TravelerJim

July 23rd, 2007, 15:35
Guys,

Apologies,

Just seen the comments on another thread and the report is due out in a few days.

July 23rd, 2007, 16:35
Anyways - as it seems the other 170 odd people who attended enjoyed themselves i hope it still gets good coverage. Word of mouth will probably ensure a good turnout for future events.

July 23rd, 2007, 17:28
If this was such a big deal, why is Botting posting instead of Phil from Spice?

It seems to me that it is really Botting that was upset about HIS not being treated as a very important person, since he had to tell us how HE would of handled the "press" and that HE is now PRESIDENT of a Rotary Club. Could it be that by using "Spice" is a red herring?

It has been my experience that reporters are NOT given the best seats. It is their job to report. I have seen Spice Phil at several events and I have never seen him ask for special seating and have always seen him or his staff and/or boyfriend walking about taking pictures. He also makes $ from advertisements.

If Spice is upset, let him/them say so. Botting paid for a seat like others. Botting and party was given what was available. Botting was the one that suggested they leave in an attempt to make some point. Why not stay? Spice could have "written" about the event from any seat and moved to take a few pictures. In my opinion this is about Botting's ego NOT Spice taking 2 or 3 pictures which many others took. Look at Wowpow's site to see pictures, which I imagine he would have offered to Spice if requested.

Just another attempt by an ego to suggest his way is superior to others as is he. Is this too blunt?

July 23rd, 2007, 17:46
[quote="TrongpaiExpat"]I guess the identity of who jomtiengayguide is in real life has been solved. I must admit your adds/promotions under the guise of being anonymous did annoy me.
quote]

Had Rob posted under his own name then there would have been the usual accusations that he was trying to gain publicity for his own company's benefit.

So really under whatever name he posted he was on a hiding to nothing.

I agree 100% with the treatment of Botting & party whereby a late booking is allocated a table and no matter how self-important the late bookers consider themselves to be the table they are allocated is what they get. If they wanted a better table then they should have booked further in advance. Flashing a 'Press' card or being President of Rotary should not give the late bookers any priority over others who had the foresight to book earlier.

The queens who chuck their dummies out of their prams and insist they will never use Image again are the very ones who mince into establishments expecting everyone to bow & scrape to them. I can never understand why so many gays expect a service superior to anyone else simply because of the fact that they are gay. Maybe some of these guys should learn to speak Thai so that they can really find out what comments are made about them when they throw a hissie fit because a service has not met with what they consider to be up to a 'gay standard'.

We have used Image for years and have always found their service A1. We certainly will not throw up our hands in horror and scream never to use them again simply because a few people who consider them to be important have been pissed off through nobody's fault but their own.

bkkguy
July 23rd, 2007, 19:20
Spice were going to cover the event for the magazine and was promised a good table so he could take photos and not disturb the rest of the viewing public...The table allocated was stuck in the corner by the side of the bar in Exxit. No view of the stage whatsoever

The particular table for Spice was by the front door and in view of the stage. I have seen Phil at various events and knows he walks around taking snaps or gets one of his staff to do it, so it should not have been a problem

well that has all been cleared up now that we have heard "both" sides - and I am sure Spice's version of events would be completely different again, but lets not let the facts get in the way of a good slinging match!

bkkguy

July 23rd, 2007, 19:43
DELETED

July 23rd, 2007, 19:48
DELETED

July 23rd, 2007, 20:31
If this was such a big deal, why is Botting posting instead of Phil from Spice?

It seems to me that it is really Botting that was upset about HIS not being treated as a very important person, since he had to tell us how HE would of handled the "press" and that HE is now PRESIDENT of a Rotary Club. Could it be that by using "Spice" is a red herring?

It has been my experience that reporters are NOT given the best seats. It is their job to report. I have seen Spice Phil at several events and I have never seen him ask for special seating and have always seen him or his staff and/or boyfriend walking about taking pictures. He also makes $ from advertisements.

If Spice is upset, let him/them say so. Botting paid for a seat like others. Botting and party was given what was available. Botting was the one that suggested they leave in an attempt to make some point. Why not stay? Spice could have "written" about the event from any seat and moved to take a few pictures. In my opinion this is about Botting's ego NOT Spice taking 2 or 3 pictures which many others took. Look at Wowpow's site to see pictures, which I imagine he would have offered to Spice if requested.

Just another attempt by an ego to suggest his way is superior to others as is he. Is this too blunt?

You ask the question Pattaya Male; Is this too blunt? I am sure that there will be at least one person here that will believe it to be so. As to whether I personally believe it to be too blunt, I am afraid that I couldn't possibly comment. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

G.

TrongpaiExpat
July 23rd, 2007, 20:40
For the record, I an not advocating not using Image Limo. I got quoted a little of of context. Even if an owner of a business is a first class son-of-a-bitch, I would not be put off doing business with the company if I had no direct dealing with him and those that I did deal with were pleasant and the service of value.

When I was a kid there was this radio and TV repair shop near where I lived. The man was a first class ass hole. He insulted everyone that walked in the shop yet he did an excellent business because he was the best at his job. He charged very little too. He could fix anything. People just gritted their teeth and kept going back. Then one day, I guess he mouthed off at the wrong person and someone shot him. No one miss him but everyone missed his skills.

Regarding this little spat, I was not there so I don't know what happen but I tend to side with Botting. I don't know him but from his posts he seems to be generally pretty straight shooting, truthful and accurate. I don't always agree with him but I don't recall anything that would lead me to believe he is embellishing the incident, in fact it reads like a police report.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 20:47
Mr Botting has given a reasonable account of being treated rather badly and it's quite clear that he was objecting to being seated at a table with no view ( what would be the point !)..with a deranged seating arranger who wouldn't do the sensible thing and allow him to take an unattended table...sounds reasonable to me and any charity organizer with common sense should treat regular patrons with grace !! ( charities think they get away murder sometimes...)

however I must vehemently disagree with you stating that the press should not be treated any differently...quite right of course but you do so at your peril !!!..believe me.

July 23rd, 2007, 22:10
In the original Botting post it reads: "Now Mr Exxit owner, see's the problem and kindly steps in. He does a sensible thing. He notices an empty table in the centre of the bar and swaps the name places "

In my opinion this is not reasonable. Botting thinks it is fine to put someone else that has not arrived BUT has reserved a table in an inferior table so Phil can take better pictures. Screw the other group!! What Botting feels as right is to give privilege to him and Phil. Read the post that is what it says.

The event was well attended. Too bad for the charity event. If less people Botting and Phil could have had a better table.

If Botting was so concerned for his friend Phil, why not just ask those that were in front of the stage to move to the table his party did not want so he and Phil could see the stage better and take pictures? That is the postion he preferred to put the event organizer in I believe as I read his post.

Here is another way to report the event if Phil was so upset. "Phil of Spice Magazine was given a table that he felt had a poor view. Since he is an editor of a magazine he insisted that he be given a better table even though the other tables had been reserved. He became upset and argued with an event organizer, who is a paid advertiser in his magazine, occured since the event organizer would not move others that had a prior reservation so he and his party which included the new president of Pattaya Rotary could have a better view and the others who had not arrived would have a poorer view. When it did not go his way he left the charity event."

Phil and I have talked about messages on this web site so I think he reads it. However, does it appear that I used too many run on sentences? And who would use a screen name such as John Botting? Is he the same person as LMTU?

Keep calm, I am only suggesting that the charity event was more important than anyone taking pictures. I just don't really understand why John Botting would make such a post where he had not been grieved. If Phil is so upset let him speak for himself. He has a much wider audience than this forum.I am writting him an email asking him to comment in his next issue of Spice and on this forum. In my opinion if he feels grieved, he should report it. However I still think Botting would never give up a good seat so someone else could take a few pictures...........tell me it's not true.....

July 23rd, 2007, 22:30
I guess the identity of who jomtiengayguide is in real life has been solved. I must admit your adds/promotions under the guise of being anonymous did annoy me.
quote]

Had Rob posted under his own name then there would have been the usual accusations that he was trying to gain publicity for his own company's benefit.

So really under whatever name he posted he was on a hiding to nothing.

I agree 100% with the treatment of Botting & party whereby a late booking is allocated a table and no matter how self-important the late bookers consider themselves to be the table they are allocated is what they get. If they wanted a better table then they should have booked further in advance. Flashing a 'Press' card or being President of Rotary should not give the late bookers any priority over others who had the foresight to book earlier.

The queens who chuck their dummies out of their prams and insist they will never use Image again are the very ones who mince into establishments expecting everyone to bow & scrape to them. I can never understand why so many gays expect a service superior to anyone else simply because of the fact that they are gay. Maybe some of these guys should learn to speak Thai so that they can really find out what comments are made about them when they throw a hissie fit because a service has not met with what they consider to be up to a 'gay standard'.

We have used Image for years and have always found their service A1. We certainly will not throw up our hands in horror and scream never to use them again simply because a few people who consider them to be important have been pissed off through nobody's fault but their own.

I don't know why you TrongpaiExpat, felt annoyed about the fact that Rob was posting under the name of jomtiengayguide, correct me anyone if I am wrong as I am sure you will, but the posts that he has made here that I have seen with regard to promotions he has been involved with at the Jomtien Complex, I don't recall him plugging Image at anytime. In fact, the only time I have witnessed him mentioning Image Limousines, was in the way of bing a sponsor for the said event, in exactly the same way he did with this post and promotion.

I have also used Image Limousines for years and like you NBN, have always found their service to be A1, as have the friends of mine that are clients of Image also. I have seen posts here by the two bob millionaire brigade that constantly whine at how expensive Image are in comparison to taxi's and other modes of transportation, including buses. A bus would you believe? Just what you need after a twelve hour or longer flight, right?

Well I am one of those people that believe that you get what you pay for and with the pitiful amount of baht that you may pay extra for the service, friendliness of the staff and the comfort that you get in their Limos, it is well worth that extra amount of money as far as I am concerned and more than justifies the price that you pay for it. After all, what's the difference in price for fucks sake, between a car from Image Limos and a Taxi? It's a piss in the ocean compared to the amount that most people spend on other things in Pattaya and wouldn't even be enough to enable you to pay the price of an "off" for one night.

I can't believe that some people are so fucking mean in begrudging themselves this service, when for most of them, it is arguably the most important time of their holiday and a time when nobody wants anything to go wrong: That time being when they are arriving in Thailand and when they are leaving it. You go figure!

Just in case anyone thinks I am anything to do with Image, or am a good friend of Rob's, let me quell those suspicions by making it crystal clear, that I am not. I doubt that Rob even knows who I am, as it is his staff that I always deal with.

With regard to the rest of your post NBN, what can I say other than; in my opinion you are absolutely correct in everything you have said and I could not agree with you more. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

G.

July 23rd, 2007, 23:47
I agree with John Botting.
Public relations disaster for Image and I won't rush
to Exitt for the next event and be seated at a table without a view of the stage.

Don't let them bully you John and thanks for the heads up on what happened. :idea:

TrongpaiExpat
July 24th, 2007, 00:29
don't know why you TrongpaiExpat, felt annoyed about the fact that Rob was posting under the name of jomtiengayguide, correct me anyone if I am wrong as I am sure you will, but the posts that he has made here that I have seen with regard to promotions he has been involved with at the Jomtien Complex, I don't recall him plugging Image at anytime. In fact, the only time I have witnessed him mentioning Image Limousines.........

I did not word that clear enough. I am not annoyed by that fact that Jomtiemguide is the owner of Image but rather just by the way he promotes events with grandiose overstatements. Comparing the event to similar events in Paris and Milan is a good example.

I don't see how it was construed that there was any insinuation of him promoting Image.

July 24th, 2007, 01:12
don't know why you TrongpaiExpat, felt annoyed about the fact that Rob was posting under the name of jomtiengayguide, correct me anyone if I am wrong as I am sure you will, but the posts that he has made here that I have seen with regard to promotions he has been involved with at the Jomtien Complex, I don't recall him plugging Image at anytime. In fact, the only time I have witnessed him mentioning Image Limousines.........

I did not word that clear enough. I am not annoyed by that fact that Jomtiemguide is the owner of Image but rather just by the way he promotes events with grandiose overstatements. Comparing the event to similar events in Paris and Milan is a good example.

I don't see how it was construed that there was any insinuation of him promoting Image.

Hi TronpaiExpat, you said and to quote: I guess the identity of who jomtiengayguide is in real life has been solved. I must admit your adds/promotions under the guise of being anonymous did annoy me.

I don't think you could say by the above statement of yours, that it was unfair of me to take it in the way in which I did. However, please accept my apologies for having done so, now that you have clarified that this was not the case and, you were not accusing him of promoting his own company under the name of jomtiengayguide. Thank you.

With regard to Rob saying that the event at Exxit was similar to events in Paris and Milan, I agree that perhaps he may have been guilty in the choice of words he used, of slightly exaggerating the event. Only slightly mind you. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

Thanks again TE,

G.

July 24th, 2007, 01:43
I don't always agree with him but I don't recall anything that would lead me to believe he is embellishing the incident, in fact it reads like a police report.

It read like a police report? You really think so TrongpaiExpat? Now there's a funny thing. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif You have all undoubtedly heard how accurate, unbiased and totally honest those type of reports are I am certain. So with that said, I guess it's case closed as to events that took place at Exxit. OK, move along now, let's be having you. Nothing to see here anymore. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

July 24th, 2007, 02:08
... by the way he promotes events with grandiose overstatements. Comparing the event to similar events in Paris and Milan is a good example.I couldn't agree more. The notion that advertising or publicity have some sort of natural relationship with hyperbole is simply shocking. I'm shocked, just shocked that such a thing could happen. In fact, I think I'll go and have a good lie down I'm so shocked. To think, advertising and hyperbole in bed together! Whatever is the world coming to?

July 24th, 2007, 02:26
I don't always agree with him but I don't recall anything that would lead me to believe he is embellishing the incident, in fact it reads like a police report.

It read like a police report? You really think so TrongpaiExpat? Now there's a funny thing. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif You have all undoubtedly heard how accurate, unbiased and totally honest those type of reports are I am certain. So with that said, I guess it's case closed as to events that took place at Exxit. OK, move along now, let's be having you. Nothing to see here anymore. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

On Saturday 21st July 2007, I was on uniformed mobile patrol in company with PC Spice in the Jomtien area.
At approximately 21.00 hours I was called to attend 'Exxit nightclub' to attend to reports of a disturbance.
Upon reaching the location I was greeted by a number of irate males complaining about the service in said location. I then saw a male whom I now know to be 'Mr Image' who was then identified to me as the offender.
As a result of this information, I cautioned and arrested Image for being rude (S.666 POA 2007) and conveyed him to Jomtien custody suite where his detention was authorised. I had no further dealings with this matter. I am prepared to attend court if necessary.

:angel4:

July 24th, 2007, 02:53
I cautioned and arrested Image for being rudeWere handcuffs involved? :snorting:

July 24th, 2007, 02:54
Regarding this little spat, I was not there so I don't know what happen but I tend to side with Botting. I don't know him but from his posts he seems to be generally pretty straight shooting, truthful and accurate. I don't always agree with him but I don't recall anything that would lead me to believe he is embellishing the incident, in fact it reads like a police report.

As Botting was a policeman back in the UK that is hardly surprising. However being a policeman and being factual do not necessarily go hand in hand.

July 24th, 2007, 02:58
As Botting was a policeman back in the UK that is hardly surprising. However being a policeman and being factual do not necessarily go hand in hand.You're not suggesting he fitted Mr Image up?

July 24th, 2007, 03:24
I cautioned and arrested Image for being rudeWere handcuffs involved? :snorting:

Yes, and a rubber truncheon! :ky:

July 24th, 2007, 05:31

As Botting was a policeman back in the UK that is hardly surprising. However being a policeman and being factual do not necessarily go hand in hand.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eek.gif What! I am shocked by this revelation of yours NBN. Surely you are not insinuating that there are occasions when they falsify the facts, by perhaps being slightly economical with the truth. Come on now NBN, the next thing you will be asking us to believe, is that there are fat Australian cunts who can sometimes be spotted on the beach at Jomtien in the early hours of the morning, doing some weird kind of chicken dance. And who is ever going to believe that. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

July 24th, 2007, 08:02
I think there are a few points that have been missed/glossed over.

Why was there even a table there with no view of the stage. If anyone piad for a table to watch a how and then found there was no view, they would feel aggrieved. Black mark number one to exxit for setting up in this way

According to Bottings initial post, the booking was made before the event by Spice, and he was promised a table with a good view. Doesn't say who the booking was made with, but black mark number 2 to whoever that was for not keeping their word.

Who runs and control exxit? Mr Exxit or Mr Image? From the original post the attempts to change the seating were made by Mr Exxit, not Botting or Spice. If Exxit and Image want to have a row or hissy fit, they should do it in private, not in front of the customers. Big black mark there, probably most of it to Image for behaving as reported in public.

But there again, never let reason and sense get in the way of a good slanging match!

July 24th, 2007, 09:24
According to Bottings initial post, the booking was made before the event by Spice, and he was promised a table with a good view.

He got a table with a good view, the only problem was, that the good view he got, was one of the bar. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif In all seriousness, with the type of lip syncing shows that were no doubt taking place on the stage, he was in all probability better of with the particular table that he was given.

Being someone that absolutely abhors those type of shows, had I have been there I would have offered them money for their table, believing it to be the best one in the place. For the record, I am not pulling your pecker in saying that.

G.

July 24th, 2007, 09:58
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 24th, 2007, 11:01
and he and I are the only 2 brave enough to use our real names and subsequently receive many slings and arrows because of it.
( he is consulting libel lawyers as we speak for the reference to LMTU )

The point is-obviously one of the organizers flipped out and went into major hysteric mode and when organizing functions such as this-the customer is always right and you do your best to accommodate them ( if you want them to return).

I know because this was my forte in a previous career and keeping warring parties apart and settling ruffled feathers was what I became expert in-indeed one memorable night I had to find the best seats in the house for Englebert Humperdink when he arrived unannounced for a dinner concert by Julio Inglesias in a fully booked room. This was achieved by much grovelling , cajoling and outright bribery and finally Mr Humperdink's party were seated at the front table !.

And my reward ?-after much hugging in the dressing room between the 2 stars etc-after the Hump departed I was soundly and literally slapped across the face by Julio for seating the other star within his sight and on his left side which is forbotten ( best profile being the right).

You cannot win but take it in your stride,drink a lot but at least it was all OK on the night !.

July 24th, 2007, 11:01
For the record, I have already stated my side of the events, and still believe I was right on the night but could have maybe handled things differently.
I have also apologised in my first post and have also done so privately to Phil Graham of Spice.

As for using the handle Jomtiengayguide. I run the website www.jomtiengayguide.com (http://www.jomtiengayguide.com) on behalf of the Jomtien Gay Community and would only post to promote Jomtien and events the JGC holds.
My business concern with Image Limos is totally seperate and have not posted under that name for a very long time (in fact on the old board).

It is also appropriate to note that out of 176 paying guests on the night, we have not received any other complaints, except about the heat and lighting.

I think enough has been said on this topic and do not intend to post anymore on this subject.

July 24th, 2007, 12:29
DELETED

TrongpaiExpat
July 24th, 2007, 13:39
OK, that sounds like a wrap. CUT and PRINT.

When's the movie going to be relased? Bruce Willis would be perfect for Mr MC

July 24th, 2007, 14:21
I wasn't there and I don't know the people involved but reading this thread I am reminded of the joke:

What's the best thing about schizophrenia?
It turns a wank into an orgy!

:geek:

July 24th, 2007, 14:29
What's the best thing about schizophrenia? It turns a wank into an orgy!And the great thing about having Alzheimers is that you meet new people every day

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 24th, 2007, 22:08
.. we know who you are and what you want

July 25th, 2007, 09:24
As I thought, Phil did not want any negative publicity of this incident. It was a private thing between him and the event organizer....but Sir Botting had to get his nose in as he loves to criticize, and feels people are out to get him. I certainly was not out to get John (thank you John for permission to use your first name). I thought he was wrong about posting something and using their name instead of saying HE WANTED A BETTER TABLE. Phil felt they had done the best they could to accommodate them. J Botting put a twist to that as you will read

Phil is a very nice man and has made wonderful changes to Spice since becoming the publisher. If he was grieved he should have made the post. But according to the email he sent to me, he did not want any negative publicity.

Here is the personal email he sent to me with his permission that I post it. Please note his last sentence!

Dear Craig:

I have read the reports on the Sawatdee forum. As with all things, parts are correct.

The whole story is this. You have my permission to post on this on the Forum for me. Phil

Rob of Image is the PR person for the event. He sent me a notice of the Midsummer Fantasy event to get the event listed in Spice Magazine. We publish every 6 weeks in low season and every 4 weeks in high season, so it was received after our deadline and would not be in the issue before the event. I sent an email explaining this and said I would put it on the Spice! website ( www.spicemag.net (http://www.spicemag.net)) home page to help promote it. I called Rob days before the event and said I would like to cover it and there would be 4 of us to enjoy the festivities, can we reserve a table with a view of the stage, (this is needed so I would know when to get closer to the stage when I wanted photos of the performers). He said he would reserve a table. When we arrived around 8:15 there were many people there. We were shown a table with 3 chairs in the corner beside the bar. Now I understand Rob was under a lot of pressure as the MC and most all the arrangements were in place, so there was not much he could do but offer seats outside at that point, which also did not have a view the stage. I said I would not be able to get photos as I would not know what's going on to get the shots of the event. He said it was the best he can do. I did not fault him for having many guests, but I was surprised that since he knew I was primarily there to get publicity photos of the event, he should have told me in that phoen call that there are not any good tables left he could reserve for me. If I knew there was not a view, then I could have decided to go, or go alone & take pics, or send someone to take photos, or tell Rob to take photos and send them to me. But I was led to believe that I would have a view of the show, when it was impossible from that table. I came with friends, paid the 1000 baht entrance fees and we all expected to see the show, so it was a bit embarrassing to find out it was not possible. I was not being "High & Mighty" and wanting to throw my weight around and asking for special treatment, I just wanted a view of what was going on to give good coverage of the event, publicity for the charities (like Take Care, who were there in force) and to the readers of Spice! Magazine & website. Yes, many of the businesses in Jomtien are advertisers in Spice!, but neither Exxit nor Image Limo currently is, but that did not matter, as I believe in coverage of all Gay events we can cover, whether customers or not, because so many give so much of their time & money for charities, they deserve recognition and many currently out of Thailand like to see what's going on in the Gay community when away. Regarding Mr. Exxit, he understood the dilemma I was in with 3 other parties there to enjoy a night out and would only see persons walking through the aisles and nothing on the stage, so he tried to find us another table and Rob said they were booked. We were not asking to move other persons who were not there yet and take there reserved tables, Mr. Exxit was just tying to see if there was another spot with a view to take photos from and keep us there. I told Rob before I left that those seats did not work and he should send me pics taken there. I did take some pics and was planning to use what I had in the next Spotlight Pattaya-Jomtien photo coverage of the event. So the event is to get some publicity in Spice! I was trying to keep a low profile as I know many people worked very hard to put this together and did not want any negative publicity put out regarding the event. I realized they did the best they could under the circumstances and just could not accommodate us that evening.
Regards,

Phil Graham
Publisher

July 25th, 2007, 09:26
Handbags at dawn, ladies.

July 25th, 2007, 11:35
DELETED

July 25th, 2007, 12:52
Keeping your word for some must be very difficult. "This is now my last post on the subject also as I have also said what I want to".....Botting. But what happened? Another post.

Why did I post my private email from Phil after Botting? Because the email was to me. And I knew I could get Botting to break his promise as he LOVES to get the last word.

PS.
John,
I am just teasing you at this point.
I am happy that Phil's email to me made it clear that he fully understood the problem and did not feel grieved. May I suggest next time, why not post how YOU were greived instead of putting it on to someone else. And may I suggest you don't think of youself as more important than others. Everyone has their own style
...and wasn't it great that so many showed up for the charity event even if you didn't have a seat that suited you. Imagine about 180 people showed up to help a worthy group. You should be proud that you were able to contribute. After all it was about the charity and not you, RIGHT?

July 25th, 2007, 17:09
DELETED

July 25th, 2007, 19:20
the disaster is turning into a coup!

Wesley
July 25th, 2007, 20:22
a lot to do about noting to me. if it were a fashion event I sm sure I Would have never showed up unless 501's are still in style. :cheers: